Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Football Life. Jimmy Johnson

IndyTrav

Anybody catch this last night on NFL Network?

It was fantastic. That guy got me fired up sitting kn the couch. Very insightful.

One of my favorite things was him talking with Bill Belicheck on his boat. "I want smart players. You can reason with smart players. They can be taught. But you can't with .". Then Belicheck says something like " you taught me that early, that's what I try to do".

Really good stuff. That's probably my 2nd favorite one behind the Bill B one.

They do such an awesome job with the "Football Life" series. I loved the scene with Belichick and probably would have sacrificed a pinky toe or something to have been on that boat.

I thought it was funny, too, that they did a little segment on Johnson's hair. I mean, it's his trademark thing... you can't ignore that.

Yes the NFLN and NFL Films have always done a beautiful job on capturing the elements, emotional, drama, etc. of the game and its participants. . . .

I love the Football Life series, it is a great show. . . . I watchs parts of the show and thought it was great . .. it was kind of neat to see BB on the boat with JJ, I know they spend a lot of time together and have more than one thing in common. Also its always fun to see the non-press conference side of BB . . . :cheer:

As GoPats mentioned I would love to be a fly on the wall for some of the conversations over the years JJ and BB have had with their hair done . . . assuming that is possible for JJ :D

it was a great show . . .

Anybody catch this last night on NFL Network?

It was fantastic. That guy got me fired up sitting kn the couch. Very insightful.

One of my favorite things was him talking with Bill Belicheck on his boat. "I want smart players. You can reason with smart players. They can be taught. But you can't with .". Then Belicheck says something like " you taught me that early, that's what I try to do".

Really good stuff. That's probably my 2nd favorite one behind the Bill B one.

Need to look for that show.....a couple of coaching legends sharing ideas and stories....priceless! Thanks for the heads up!