Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IndyTrav

A Football Life. Jimmy Johnson

6 posts in this topic

Anybody catch this last night on NFL Network?

It was fantastic. That guy got me fired up sitting kn the couch. Very insightful.

One of my favorite things was him talking with Bill Belicheck on his boat. "I want smart players. You can reason with smart players. They can be taught. But you can't with .". Then Belicheck says something like " you taught me that early, that's what I try to do".

Really good stuff. That's probably my 2nd favorite one behind the Bill B one.

1 person likes this

They do such an awesome job with the "Football Life" series. I loved the scene with Belichick and probably would have sacrificed a pinky toe or something to have been on that boat.

I thought it was funny, too, that they did a little segment on Johnson's hair. I mean, it's his trademark thing... you can't ignore that.

Yes the NFLN and NFL Films have always done a beautiful job on capturing the elements, emotional, drama, etc. of the game and its participants. . . .

I love the Football Life series, it is a great show. . . . I watchs parts of the show and thought it was great . .. it was kind of neat to see BB on the boat with JJ, I know they spend a lot of time together and have more than one thing in common. Also its always fun to see the non-press conference side of BB . . . :cheer:

As GoPats mentioned I would love to be a fly on the wall for some of the conversations over the years JJ and BB have had with their hair done . . . assuming that is possible for JJ :D

it was a great show . . .

I only saw a few clips of it on NFL.com, but I thought it was great. "A Football Life" is certainly one of the better productions NFL Films has done.

Anybody catch this last night on NFL Network?

It was fantastic. That guy got me fired up sitting kn the couch. Very insightful.

One of my favorite things was him talking with Bill Belicheck on his boat. "I want smart players. You can reason with smart players. They can be taught. But you can't with .". Then Belicheck says something like " you taught me that early, that's what I try to do".

Really good stuff. That's probably my 2nd favorite one behind the Bill B one.

Need to look for that show.....a couple of coaching legends sharing ideas and stories....priceless! Thanks for the heads up!

i actually thought the BB one was a total snore....maybe i expected too much after hearing the hype about it.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• And how long did Favre force throws, throw interceptions, etc? we're not comparing PLAYERS, we're comparing situations they were thrown in and how it affected their play long-term.
    • I didn't say the Colts were the only team to bring players off the street.  However, with the Colts it's more due to desperation than bringing in players in to see if they have anything left in the tank.  Others may disagree with me but I still think winning early made this regime a bit complacent making them think that they were only a player or two away from winning it all.  We still don't know if this o line will be good once the bullets start flying and we only have a group of rookies to back up the starting o line.  I'm just saying that there were a lot of question marks before all of these injuries but now we have exclamation points instead of question marks. 
    • Come on people... I didnt say Luck was George or even cpmpared them. to think that the hurries, hits, bad running game hasn't affected Luck is nonsense.  And to think it couldn't affect him going forward is short-sided.  I didn't say luck wouldn't be good, but could hear "footsteps" in the pocket, hurry throws , force throws, or run too soon (all of which he's done). have u seen some of the topics around here?  I thought i raised a legitimate question that he could have a "memory" of being hurried, like MANY QB's have thru history, including Peyton. but NOWHERE was i comparing him to george (as a player), merely that they have experienced very similar issues regarding poor OL play, inadaquate running game, and being behind in the score. sheesh.  
    • Isn't this interesting......   You,  who don't like it when people take on your 2nd amendment rights,  are now blasting someone over his 1st amendment rights.          Hmmmmm?   Remember,  free speech isn't free or protected unless unpopular speech is protected.    
    • Thats what i was thinking.  He'd help those he talked about more by putting his money where his mouth is. until then, he's just another stupid kid who doesn't realize what an a** he's being.  He's average at best anyhow, and he might have a few screws loose. start a scholarship, open a rec center, sponsor a little league team. talk is cheap. He's a punk kid, who's unhappy cuz his production isn't living up to his hype: hey Kap, maybe get ur head in the playbook?  Or better yet, you MIGHT have a chance starting in the CFL. Since this country is so bad, maybe thats your best option.  Don't let the "door" hit you in your  skinny, over-rated, and over-paid a**.  No one will miss you, ESPECIALLY your team.  You'd be doing them a favor actually.    
  • Welcome New Members

• Hey there Amy,    Nice to meet ya & don't be shy. It's an awesome mixture of deep thinkers, jokesters, & diehard horseshoe fans here. All opinions & perspectives are welcome here. We have football fanatics, causal observers, & just curious people on here who like to vent, blow steam, broaden their horizons, & just chuckle at stuff the regulars always say. All team allegiances are encouraged to express themselves politely & peacefully here, which is pretty cool too.    I just watch the games at home on Direct TV Sunday ticket by myself usually. 
  • Members

• Richmond Raven

Richmond Raven 21

• WoolMagnet

WoolMagnet 605

• wig

wig 713

• jseg18

jseg18 62

• Flash

Flash 102

• deedub75

deedub75 536

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 9,091

• \m/COLTS\m/

\m/COLTS\m/ 350

• BOTT

BOTT 7,730

• newb767

newb767 24

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.