Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smonroe

Question of the Night

Smonroe    7,583

With apologies to SB41champs for trespassing on his turf...

Will tonight be Justin Blackmon's coming out party?

The Colts pass defense was bad to begin with and now we're playing with "next, next, and next men up". Plus Mathis may not play and DFree still isn't 100%.

Also, who will cover Lewis?

Mr.Debonair    829

It very possibly could be a rough game for our passing defense. Our corners, linebackers, and safeties are susceptible to being picked on

TKnight24    9,986

Well according to some people in the Chat when we played MIA Sunday. When Powers got Injured & left, our Pass D became better. I didn't see the game, so I can't confirm this on my part, but this is just what I say being said in the Chat. So maybe not having Powers isn't so Bad. I'm sure Butler understands this is a Big Game for him, & I'm sure Manusky has informed the Defense that we are THIN in the Secondary & will be calling Plays to turn that Negative, into a Positive

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

•   So can we be honest for a minute? I think we underestimated Melvin. I, personally, didn't think Melvin would see a roster spot, much less start over Quincy Wilson, who when healthy, had blanket coverage with slight mistimed swipes to bat away the ball. I am really happy for Melvin to have made such great improvement from last year when he was getting beat by receivers constantly, always out of position to now making 2 interceptions in one game. They may have been 'lucky', but he was in position to make the pick and has definitely improved since last year.    Our secondary as a whole, we have 4 relatively new players including Melvin: Wilson, Hooker, and Hairston. Going forward, I think our secondary could be much, much better than 2016, even without Davis. Not trying to blow the same horn, but Ballard has helped our franchise take a few steps forward toward a future championship. Defense vastly improved (still needs work) and 1-2 without Luck (same as with Luck last year), I think I'm beginning to see a light near the end of the tunnel.     
    • Who is Beth Nowans? Ok I am just kidding KingColt, anyway once we started to play good the announcing didn't bother me too much.
    • Lamey is easily one of the best announcers of all-time IMO.
    • The fact that he's getting extended playing time is making this deal more and more favorable for us, coupled of course with the fact that he's playing well. It was assumed at the time of the trade that he would likely be on the bench, and if he did play, it would be a week or two, at best. He's getting ready to start his third game, and might get a couple more starts after that.   And he's clearly separated himself from any other backup QB the team had this year, especially Tolzien. He's giving us a chance every week, which is what you want from a backup. He has playmaking ability, and he's earning the trust of his teammates. 
    • Grew up a coach's kid and started watching game film very early in HS(I also did a little spotting as a kid) and broke down Game film and developed Offensive play charts as a coach. Since I struggled to get on the depth chart( my health) it was my way of making the team better
  • Members

• Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt 1,840

• krunk

krunk 7,928

• tfunky14

tfunky14 382

• shastamasta

shastamasta 142

• SaturdayAllDay

SaturdayAllDay 663

• aaron11