Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smonroe

Question of the Night

11 posts in this topic

With apologies to SB41champs for trespassing on his turf...

Will tonight be Justin Blackmon's coming out party?

The Colts pass defense was bad to begin with and now we're playing with "next, next, and next men up". Plus Mathis may not play and DFree still isn't 100%.

Also, who will cover Lewis?

It very possibly could be a rough game for our passing defense. Our corners, linebackers, and safeties are susceptible to being picked on

i gotta agree, i think this will be a night butler shines. especially if they keep trying to go to blackmon.

Well according to some people in the Chat when we played MIA Sunday. When Powers got Injured & left, our Pass D became better. I didn't see the game, so I can't confirm this on my part, but this is just what I say being said in the Chat. So maybe not having Powers isn't so Bad. I'm sure Butler understands this is a Big Game for him, & I'm sure Manusky has informed the Defense that we are THIN in the Secondary & will be calling Plays to turn that Negative, into a Positive

1 person likes this

Nope, Blackmon can't be good without someone good throwing to him.

1 person likes this

Butler will do just fine.

Blackmon will probably be drunk anyways....................too soon?

Butler will do just fine.

Blackmon will probably be drunk anyways....................too soon?

If you played for Jacksonville wouldn't you drink too? ;)

1 person likes this

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Position Depth Comfort Level
      Thought I'd start a thread to gauge your comfort level at each position with the starters and depth. You can do this however you want to, I'll be ranking them and explaining my thought process.    1. ST   Vinatieri, Boomstick, Overton, best combo in the league probably. Our ST has usually ranked pretty well over the years in the Grigson era, which is a welcome change from the manning years when they were a liability.   2. DL   Surprise Surprise! I feel very comfortable with our DL group, starters and depth, assuming everyone gets through healthy. No superstars but Langford, Parry, Jones, Ridgeway, Mcgill, Kerr is a very, very solid rotation. Not to mention we'll get back our defensive MVP (in my eyes) Anderson at some point in the season. It's penetrative, disruptive and our biggest strength on defense. What a difference a year makes from when the pats just ran over chapman.   3. QB   If the past year didn't happen, this is automatically number 1, even with the lack of depth. Obviously I believe Luck will be back with a vengeance, but the proof will have to be in the pudding. I don't know enough about Tolzien to make an informed judgement, obviously his stats leave a lot to be desired. But he has great potential from talking to some packer fans and by all accounts he's a grinder.    4. OL   Could be ranked higher based on potential, but until the whole package manifests on the field, no. 4 is where they belong. Have great hopes with Philbin at the helm, and I think this will be the most tightly contested position group during training camp. Expecting Castanzo Mewhort Kelly Thornton Reitz to start. That's a good group. Depth is great as well, our 2nd team OL would read Clark Harrison Blythe Haeg Good. I'm actually comfortable putting that lineup in front of a QB. Obviously there's development needed with the rookies, but the future looks bright.   5. ILB   Another surprise pick. No superstars, but I like the quality of the depth. Jackson, Irving start with Moore, Morrison backing up. Mcnary has been solid in special teams and decent in spot duty.   6. WR   Like I said with the DL, what a difference a year makes! One of our strongest and deepest position groups last year suddenly has poor depth. Starters are still among the strongest in the league, definitely the fastest, but if any one of Hilton, Moncrief and Dorsett get injured for any significant period, we end up with the untested Bray, Tyms, Boyce, etc. An UDFA or two may make it, but in a young group where Hilton is the vet, I'll have my questions. Would love for another vet addition such as Boldin, who would definitely ease my mind depth wise.   7. TE   Allen and Doyle are solid, but after that? tons of potential but untested. Time for Swoope to step up. Griswold and Miller have flashed, we'll see where they go from here.   8. RB   Frank the tank. Turbin has bounced around numerous times, you would think he'd have found a home by now, and thinking he'll stick around here is highly optimistic. I hope he does, of course, but that's a different story. Varga flashed, but I don't think he's an answer to our RB questions long-term. I personally hope Ferguson makes it, rooting for that kid.    9. S   Pops adams is a beast. Geathers had many bright spots last year, and I hope he continues his development.. Green is a year away at least before taking up reins but his ceiling is super high. Winston guy's role is ST and I don't think it'll ever evolve past that at this point. Depth is lacking and I wish we had colt anderson who was good in spot duty last year.      10. CB   Very uncomfortable with our starters. Davis will do this thing, but I'm not happy with Robinson on the outside at all. I don't think he's an upgrade over Toler, who himself was miserable last year. Butler's getting up there in age and while decent at nickel, is simply atrocious on the outside. Smith seems to have a way to go before competing for starter snaps, and while depth seems good on paper with Tevin Mitchell, Jalil Brown, Williams, etc etc, simply the difficulty of the position mandates some discomfort, especially when said talent is unproven. Our scheme demands a lot from our corners, we aren't the panthers where you can stick a long body in there and have success.   11. OLB    I don't think I need to say much here. Rob Mathis has to have close to a career year, and our UDFAs better step up or I call a few blowouts. If we can't affect QBs, the defense doesn't get very far. Monachino will have to scheme hard.
    • Colts' Scouts: What they liked about LeRaven Clark....
      Prospects are not rated simply as Day 3 prospects.   Fans might do that....    bad draft analysis might do that.      But scouts and teams sure will.   They'll give him a grade so decision makers like Grigson & Pagano have some idea when a player should be drafted.     You don't want to be taking a R7 guy in the 4th Round and simply say....   "he was a day 3 prospects"   Understanding where players are properly evaluated helps teams get the most out of a draft.  
    • Colts' Scouts: What they liked about LeRaven Clark....
      Clark did not go a round too high.      Did someone here really say that?  (Yes, it turns out it was Gavin....)    Then they don't know the draft at all.   If Clark did go in the wrong round he should've gone in the 2nd,  and not the 3rd.     But certainly NOT in the 4th.   He has enough raw tools to justify a top-100 pick.     He went 82nd.      He went in just the right spot.  
    • 2015-2016 Indiana Pacers (And rest of the NBA) Season
      Maybe becuase the Thunder have had so many cances to win a Title over the years and if they lose Monday who knows?
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• myic90

myic90 45

• CantBeStopped

CantBeStopped 240

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 8,744

• FeedCrief

FeedCrief 155

• DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 41

• crazycolt1

crazycolt1 3,673

• Derakynn

Derakynn 884

• bleevit

bleevit 43

• Finch23

Finch23 35

• Rackeen305

Rackeen305 7

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.