Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

steve young on a quality in Luck he finds remarkable

bayone

after giving a wonderful critigue on how great peyton

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/12363-steve-young-herm-edwards-on-peyton/

is this year & what sets him apart ,

Young was asked any thoughts on luck

Young said He is amazed at Luck, It wasnt really anything to do at his stats , not that he implied anything was wrong with them but the thing that really stuck out was that he makes mistakes as any rookie makes mistakes,

but unlike other QB rookies once made not only does he have the ability to move on in same game , but he learns not to repeat those mistakes so gets better weekly

Yep. Luck's intelligence is outstanding. He and the rest of the team have shown they can make good adjustments, learn from their mistakes, and come back strong. We don't do too well in the first half of games, but the adjustments we make at halftime are awesome! It's a nice change from the old Larry Coyer style of defensive adjustments....where you don't make any. Keep it up, boys!

Whilst I drool over the prospects of our young QB, some of this a sprinkled with hyperbole. He's made several very riskty throws when clearly he should just get rid. Repeatedly. He was fortunate again last Sunday with that little dump off when he was being dragged down. But fortune favours the brave, so they say.....

I'm as enthused just as much as everyone else, but the hype is beginning to annoy me a tad. Luckily he is a very level headed young man and will not let the growing adulation get in the way of his development.

Whilst I drool over the prospects of our young QB, some of this a sprinkled with hyperbole. He's made several very riskty throws when clearly he should just get rid. Repeatedly. He was fortunate again last Sunday with that little dump off when he was being dragged down. But fortune favours the brave, so they say.....

I'm as enthused just as much as everyone else, but the hype is beginning to annoy me a tad. Luckily he is a very level headed young man and will not let the growing adulation get in the way of his development.

Your right he has made some risky throws but he has made some amazing throws as well, but with the good we have to take the bad and in my opinion he has been great so far, understand he is only 9 games into his career, cut him some slack buddy. You said your as enthused as much as anyone else but bye your comment you can't be and after last years record of just 2 wins plus the Colts amazing start of this season I ask myself how any true Indianapolis colt fan can be annoy by the hype or attention and love our team is getting for there hard work. The kid is playing at a level that no other rookie has ever and has more wins nine weeks in then any other rookie ever. I apologize if i'm coming off to strong I'm just a huge fan of my home town team and I'm tired of people saying he is over hyped yet the kid is balling at a level higher then most vets. The only conclusion I can come up with from your remark is one of a few things 1.your an RG3 fan 2. your a disgruntled Peyton Manning fan or 3. your not a Colts fan or 4. you have'nt really watched every game, I just don't see how you can focus on a few bad throws when some of the best most seasoned QBs make bad throws from time to time.

I think we are all used to Manning and the stlye he played if its not there then dont force it. What Luck does is extend plays and gives recievers more time to get open and we as fans are not used to that Peyton was a rythm passer. I dont think Luck is over hyped he is just that Good! I mean give the guy some credit he destroyed one of the so called best defences in the league

Your right he has made some risky throws but he has made some amazing throws as well, but with the good we have to take the bad and in my opinion he has been great so far, understand he is only 9 games into his career, cut him some slack buddy. You said your as enthused as much as anyone else but bye your comment you can't be and after last years record of just 2 wins plus the Colts amazing start of this season I ask myself how any true Indianapolis colt fan can be annoy by the hype or attention and love our team is getting for there hard work. The kid is playing at a level that no other rookie has ever and has more wins nine weeks in then any other rookie ever. I apologize if i'm coming off to strong I'm just a huge fan of my home town team and I'm tired of people saying he is over hyped yet the kid is balling at a level higher then most vets. The only conclusion I can come up with from your remark is one of a few things 1.your an RG3 fan 2. your a disgruntled Peyton Manning fan or 3. your not a Colts fan or 4. you have'nt really watched every game, I just don't see how you can focus on a few bad throws when some of the best most seasoned QBs make bad throws from time to time.

What a very silly post. Clearly you are not on here very often. I'll leave it at that.

The only thing that annoys me is how fast the media jumps on and off the bandwagon, some radio talk show hosts like Cowherd or Stink seem honest about their admiration and seem to like the Colts in general now. Its better than the media generally talking trash about my Colts though.

The whole photographic memory thing is the new thing to say about smart quarterbacks. You know who else has been attributed with this type of praise? Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Tannehill, and RGIII. It's been said by various people at different times this year that these guys are so smart, they have photographic memory. I don't think it's a fact, it's just a great way to praise a QB that learns fast.

Andrew showed us some good savy the first 6 games but he was throwing behind his recievers on more plays than not.

Certainly good for a Rookie but he did have me concerned about his arm strength and ability to be accurate at this level.

It`s as if a light switch was flipped the last two games. Some of that is him, and a lot I think is his receivers are reading defenses better and running really good routes. The difference to those who have watched all the games is a bit startling. Going from liking a lot what we were seeing to a "Grand Canyon" WOW!

His movement in the pocket, Manning had Happy Feet his 1st 5 years. Luck is where and beyond $tat$ Manning was with his feet in 2009. JMO

Yes, a Certain MONSTER Offense ahead with a stout O-Line. And that line had a VERY GOOD day against the Solid front 7 of Miami.

The ground game should be better against the Jags. Luck is always making plays so it is fun to watch it all play out.

Tho I do sqirm, shake my head, and frown a lot watching our secondary.

Manning now Luck. If I were not a Colts fan, I would hate the Colts. Why do I think that there may be a Colts flag flying by Heavens gate?

We've struck gold of late, for sure.

Maybe it is a karma reversal of some sort, for those of us who had to live through the Pagel, Trudeau, Chandler, and George years. Throw in a pinch of Schlichter just to enhance the bitter taste.

The only thing that annoys me is how fast the media jumps on and off the bandwagon, some radio talk show hosts like Cowherd or Stink seem honest about their admiration and seem to like the Colts in general now. Its better than the media generally talking trash about my Colts though.

thanks for liking this in where I originally posted it in NFL general when Dee asked me if Luck was commented on to after I gave the Manning comments, ends up I still posted it here as no when else did when asked to in my responce,. such is life, gald I did, i see how the vforum has responded to it , make u feel appreciated

we have a great group of fans here

Maybe it is a karma reversal of some sort, for those of us who had to live through the Pagel, Trudeau, Chandler, and George years. Throw in a pinch of Schlichter just to enhance the bitter taste.

Come to think of it, we still got 1 more owed to us huh? You think good 'ol Art give us odds on that?..............Little dry humor for those older Colts fans.

Just for the fun of it, I googled the list of Colts QB's since the Bert Jones era to Peyton Manning. The following is the list in addition to those above, that have started at least one game for the Colts......Bill Troup, Mike Kirkland, Greg Landry, David Humm, Mark Herrmann, Matt Kofler, Gary Hogeboom, Blair Kiel, Tom Ramsey, Jim Harbaugh, Don Majkowski, Browning Nagle, Craig Erickson, Paul Justin, Kelly Holcomb.

Just for the fun of it, I googled the list of Colts QB's since the Bert Jones era to Peyton Manning. The following is the list in addition to those above, that have started at least one game for the Colts......Bill Troup, Mike Kirkland, Greg Landry, David Humm, Mark Herrmann, Matt Kofler, Gary Hogeboom, Blair Kiel, Tom Ramsey, Jim Harbaugh, Don Majkowski, Browning Nagle, Craig Erickson, Paul Justin, Kelly Holcomb.

I kept Harbaugh off my list because I don't think fans had to "suffer through" the years he played for the Colts. In fact, I've said before that Indianapolis never knew what winning football was about until Captain Comeback showed us. He was the first to fill the old Hoosier Dome with a sea of blue, and deserves to be held in higher regard.

Oh, and while I'd take Harbaugh out of the "endured" list, we've been forgetting the most obvious QBs in Colts history who are known for stinking it up... The all-world trio of Collins, Painter and Orlovsky. Or maybe we all have amnesia because last season was a "severe trauma"...

Oh, and while I'd take Harbaugh out of the "endured" list, we've been forgetting the most obvious QBs in Colts history who are known for stinking it up... The all-world trio of Collins, Painter and Orlovsky. Or maybe we all have amnesia because last season was a "severe trauma"...

"severe trauma"...That's absolutely right schwamm! It's a wonder that all Colts fans aren't on anti depressant medication after the Collins and Painter debacle in INDY my friend. haha:thmup:

I kept Harbaugh off my list because I don't think fans had to "suffer through" the years he played for the Colts. In fact, I've said before that Indianapolis never knew what winning football was about until Captain Comeback showed us. He was the first to fill the old Hoosier Dome with a sea of blue, and deserves to be held in higher regard.

He is one of my favorites too. His is the first Colts jersey I ever purchased (and still have - autographed and under glass). He was not only a great player but a pillar in our community. He came out and spoke to my husbands little league football team and even stayed as the other teams broke from practice and signed autographs. You never saw so many starry eye 12 year olds in your life. And now he and his brother are starting a coaching dynasty. And don't forget their brother-in-law, Tom Crean isn't such a shabby coach himself :rock:

Can you imagine what the Colts record would have been if Unitas handed off to Jones and Jones had handed off to Elway, then Elway to Manning and Manning to Luck? Instead we've only had 3 "super" QBs.

That's better than just one, considering the other 'great' QB's for my team weren't all that special before Brees (Bobby Hebert, Archie Manning, Jim Everett in his twilight)

That's better than just one, considering the other 'great' QB's for my team weren't all that special before Brees (Bobby Hebert, Archie Manning, Jim Everett in his twilight)

I don't know Bogie. Yes, no question Drew Brees is a remarkable, HOF talent no question, but I always thought that QB Archie Manning was very talented who simply didn't have the cream of the crop on his team roster wise like Brees has got right now myself.

I couldn't agree more about Harbaugh. I was simply listing "all" the QB's.