Photo

Panthers Owner Insults Peyton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 supremecoltsfan300

supremecoltsfan300
  • 1240 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I almost forgot about this, almost. Back during the lock-out, the Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson made quite a few insulting remarks to Peyton.

http://www.stampedeb...ng-incurs-wrath

Here's just a few excerpts:

"And sit there and say dismissively to Manning ‘Do I need to help you read a revenue chart son? Do I need to help break that down for you because I don’t know if you know how to read that?’"

For example, when Manning was talking about player safety, Richardson reportedly said, "What do you know about player safety?"

A little added motivation for Peyton to destroy the Panthers on Sunday :thumb:
"You can put in whatever piece you want with 18, 18 will make it work; all he says is just find your way open, I'll get the ball there. And that's where the Reggie Wayne's, the Dallas Clark's, the Marvin Harrison's; that's how dominant he is. If you take him out of the game, no disrespect to nobody else on the Colts, but you make them a very below-average ball club." -- Ray Lewis on Peyton Manning

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 BayAreaBronco

BayAreaBronco
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I almost forgot about this, almost. Back during the lock-out, the Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson made quite a few insulting remarks to Peyton.

"And sit there and say dismissively to Manning ‘Do I need to help you read a revenue chart son? Do I need to help break that down for you because I don’t know if you know how to read that?’"

For example, when Manning was talking about player safety, Richardson reportedly said, "What do you know about player safety?"

Oh good! It's real smart of him to talk down to Peyton. I'm sure John Fox wants to go in and show off his new team, too. Thanks for the read.

#3 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Totally didnt realize it was he who said that, if I remember right where 2 coaches there at the time insulting Peyton or was the # 2 the faact that Brees also was insulted and was 2 players only & not 2 coaches, been a while??
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#4 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 14466 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

So foolish. Peyton is already going to win the game. Now you're just adding fuel to the fire. However, Peyton is too classy to drop a 60 burger on the Panthers.

I've never liked Richardson. Thank goodness we have a classy guy like Irsay!!
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#5 teganslaw

teganslaw
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

The Football Gods do not like this kind of thing. No one insults Manning and gets away with it. I expect a one sided victory for Denver this week.

#6 Truckin Sanders

Truckin Sanders
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Someone should read a revenue chart for Richardson to see how much money he tied into 2 running backs that are doing nothing this year and all the other players he resigned from his crappy team the previous year.
Playoffs 2015

#7 chad72

chad72
  • 9251 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Someone should read a revenue chart for Richardson to see how much money he tied into 2 running backs that are doing nothing this year and all the other players he resigned from his crappy team the previous year.

Well said, my friend!!! In the RBC trend for RBs in the NFL, only a guy like Richardson would sign off on that and to back it up, fire his GM. Well Jerry, you signed those checks, didn't ya? :)

#8 BayAreaBronco

BayAreaBronco
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

And as it turns out, Peyton is a better businessman than he is:
http://kissingsuzyko...sman-alive.html

#9 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6749 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Peyton could've embarrassed him badly at that meeting.

" yes I could use your help reading this but you forgot your Bifocals."

" I know a lot about player safety and you need LifeAlert."

" I know more about player safety than you know how to sustain a winning franchise "

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Sep
    Kimberly Lynn Latka

To all of my family and friends in Connecticut. A friend of mine has been laid off. He is looking for work and if you know of anybody who needs a Director of Information Technology let me know. Thank you!!!

View All Updates