Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

supremecoltsfan300

Panthers Owner Insults Peyton

9 posts in this topic

I almost forgot about this, almost. Back during the lock-out, the Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson made quite a few insulting remarks to Peyton.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/2/14/1992919/panthers-owner-jerry-richardson-insults-peyton-manning-incurs-wrath

Here's just a few excerpts:

"And sit there and say dismissively to Manning ‘Do I need to help you read a revenue chart son? Do I need to help break that down for you because I don’t know if you know how to read that?’"

For example, when Manning was talking about player safety, Richardson reportedly said, "What do you know about player safety?"

A little added motivation for Peyton to destroy the Panthers on Sunday :thumb:

I almost forgot about this, almost. Back during the lock-out, the Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson made quite a few insulting remarks to Peyton.

http://www.stampedeb...ng-incurs-wrath

"And sit there and say dismissively to Manning ‘Do I need to help you read a revenue chart son? Do I need to help break that down for you because I don’t know if you know how to read that?’"

For example, when Manning was talking about player safety, Richardson reportedly said, "What do you know about player safety?"

Oh good! It's real smart of him to talk down to Peyton. I'm sure John Fox wants to go in and show off his new team, too. Thanks for the read.

http://www.stampedeb...ng-incurs-wrath

Totally didnt realize it was he who said that, if I remember right where 2 coaches there at the time insulting Peyton or was the # 2 the faact that Brees also was insulted and was 2 players only & not 2 coaches, been a while??

So foolish. Peyton is already going to win the game. Now you're just adding fuel to the fire. However, Peyton is too classy to drop a 60 burger on the Panthers.

I've never liked Richardson. Thank goodness we have a classy guy like Irsay!!

1 person likes this

The Football Gods do not like this kind of thing. No one insults Manning and gets away with it. I expect a one sided victory for Denver this week.

Someone should read a revenue chart for Richardson to see how much money he tied into 2 running backs that are doing nothing this year and all the other players he resigned from his crappy team the previous year.

2 people like this

Someone should read a revenue chart for Richardson to see how much money he tied into 2 running backs that are doing nothing this year and all the other players he resigned from his crappy team the previous year.

Well said, my friend!!! In the RBC trend for RBs in the NFL, only a guy like Richardson would sign off on that and to back it up, fire his GM. Well Jerry, you signed those checks, didn't ya? :)

Peyton could've embarrassed him badly at that meeting.

" yes I could use your help reading this but you forgot your Bifocals."

" I know a lot about player safety and you need LifeAlert."

" I know more about player safety than you know how to sustain a winning franchise "

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I have to be honest, when inlooked at the list of name , at each position, that he kept on his roster, i really feel better about this team. i'm not making light of our injuries at all. But seriously:   Qb: if #12 goes down, does it matter? I worry about Our depth here rb: whether 4 or 5, interesting. If OL gives anything, this is a nice group OL: when you see the list, looks very promising (ignoring injuries of course).  te:above average wr: very interesting and promising group dl: very exciting possibilities lb: question mark in my eyes safety: if healthy, i like group cb: if healthy, this group could be special, imo. k/p:. We're good.    Is it just me, or does this look like a promising and exciting mix, overall.  Of course, i'm ignoring injuries, but still.
    • I hope for no injuries. We could lose 50-0 but if we come out with 0 serious injuries, that itself is a win.
    • I've always felt it should be cut to two games. The starters can play a majority of game one like they do game 3, then the second game for mostly backups like game 4 is.    At the very least it should be cut down to 3 games. Theres no reason to have 4 or 5 imo. Its risking more injuries, plus the common fan doesn't give a damn about 4 or 5 preseason games. 
    • Hi, Colts fans!    Our Indianapolis Colts conclude their 2016 preseason schedule, as they travel southeast down Interstate 74 to play their annual preseason game with the Cincinnati Bengals.  Tonight is both the Colts 23rd all-time preseason meeting with the Bengals, and 12th visit in Cincinnati for a scheduled preseason game.   Many players are on the bubble tonight to make the regular season roster, and after tonight's game, all NFL teams must cut at least 22 remaining players to meet the mandatory 53-man regular season roster for the 2016 NFL regular season.   Head Coach Chuck Pagano and his coaching staff, General Manager Ryan Grigson, the Colts pro and scouting departments, and perhaps even Colts owner Jim Irsay and his family, go through the annual and unpleasant decisions in personnel, and retaining the best players by position, that will become the 2016 Indianapolis Colts that take the field on opening Sunday, September 11.   Cincinnati though leads the all-time preseason series over Indianapolis entering tonight with 14 wins and 8 losses. Bengals are also in a three game preseason winning streak over our Colts, outscoring 71-23 in those three games.  Colts last preseason win over the Bengals was four years ago, when Indianapolis defeated Cincinnati by the score of 20-16 back on in the preseason finale back on August 30, 2012.   Highlights in that last preseason win over Cincinnati includes two touchdown runs in the second quarter, from 7 yards by Deji Karim, and 1 yard by Darren Evans, two PAT's by Adam Vinateiri, and a Chandler Harnish 42-yard touchdown pass to Dominique Jones.   Cincinnati may currently lead the preseason series 14-8, but more important for Indianapolis, the Colts lead both the all-time regular season series with 17 wins and 10 losses and 2 postseason series. Colts last two regular wins occured during their 2014 NFL season.  Colts defeated and shutout the Bengals 27-0 at LOS (the building) on October 19, and defeated the Bengals again in the rematch in their AFC Wild Card Playoff Game by the score of 26-7 on January 4, 2015, both games played at Lucas Oil Stadium (the building).   NO injuries, and good luck to all the reserve and free agents that are trying to make the cut with both the Colts and the Bengals. GO COLTS!!!!!
    • Interesting. i kind of like the options and depth that gives us at BOTH rb and wr. is Bray elible for ps?  And does anyone here think Bray is noticeably better or higher upside than Rogers or Smith? i've liked the burst from Rogers, the twitchyness.  He kinda reminds me of Tereance Wilkens for some reason.  To me (small sample), Smith has looked smoother and more polished while Rogers looks like he can take it to house at any minute. Perhaps its was just the impact of that 1 big play he had. does anyone think we would look back and regret cutting Bray?  With new kickoffs, punt returners may be better on kick returns actually. 
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.