Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

jags plan to air it out versus colts

Stephen

Well we were planning on unleasihing Freeney and Mathis so this plays right into our hands. I don't think that Jennings presents the same running threat that MJD does, so they really are not left with any other option. Blaine Gabbert is the master of the check down, so we should hopefully see many 3-and-outs from the Jaguars.

Ummm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but who do they have to throw too?

If this was Tom Brady saying this, I'd be concerned. But Gabbert? Gabbert?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who's he gonna Air it Out too? Justin "I've been Invisible" Blacmon??!! :lol: :lol:

Wow, Gabbert try & air it out, & you'll see why Freeney & Mathis are one of the BEST Pass Rush Duos in NFL history

If this was Tom Brady sayign this, I'd be concerned. But Gabbert? Gabbert?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who's he gonna Air it Out too? Justin "I've been Invisible" Blacmon??!! :lol: :lol:

Wow, Gabbert try & air it out, & you'll see why Freeney & Mathis are one of the BEST Pass Rush Duos in NFL history

blackmon shorts and their tight end

"Unchain Gabbert" <--- :lol: Gabbert has been off the Chain for the LONGEST, he just Sucks. Nothing wrong with accepting that he isn't Good. Oh man, I can't wait for Tomorrow. I might sleep today away just so tomorrow can come faster.

Thank You Stephen for Posting this, this definitely gave me a GOOD Laugh

"Unchain Gabbert" <--- :lol: Gabbert has been off the Chain for the LONGEST, he just Sucks. Nothing wrong with accepting that he isn't Good. Oh man, I can't wait for Tomorrow. I might sleep today away just so tomorrow can come faster.

Thank You Stephen for Posting this, this definitely gave me a GOOD Laugh

lol yea their coach said they have to see what he's got

It's Funny, because at Mizzou... Gabbert ran a "Air It Out" Offense. Well, it was a Spread Offense, but he still threw a lot.

But it's Funny how their Coach thinks just because Powers & Davis are out, that Gabbert is gonna destroy us. I'm pretty sure Manusky is aware that we're Thin on the Backend (Hey thay Rhymed) & he will address that before Tomorrow

Well what choice do they have aren't their top two backs out for the game? They took a QB high in round one at some point they have to put the game in his hands and say okay prove you were a first round pick. You don't take a QB in round one to manage games and just hand off to MJD. If they wanted that they should have just kept Garrard clearly they want him to be more.

thats not airing it out at all so far so I dont see him changing that in a week. thats not even averaging 200yrds a game

I know airing out would go to the last point about yard but worth mentioning the INTs, and completion % are better than Luck's numbers and he's only one behind in the TD department. With that said they should be better he's a second year player and Luck is a rookie and they were both high first round picks.

Gabbert has moments of looking decent, but unfortunately, those moments get lost in the many moments of looking caught in the headlights.

I have no doubt he can air it out against our D... he did it for one play the last time we faced him... but I question whether he can be successful at it for a whole game.

Blaine Gabbert isn't that bad.

Seriously. Stop laughing.

He struggles deep into his progressions; in other words, if his first or second option isn't open, he doesn't really know what to do with the ball. So if I were the Jags, my objective would be to try to get my outside receivers open right away, especially with the Colts top two corners out with injuries. If Blackmon and Shorts can run some quick slants, Gabbert can get the ball to them. If they can get Lewis open up the seam or outside the numbers, he can pick up some yards and catches on our linebackers. The key is to get receivers open quickly, and the last five quarterbacks we've played have done a great job on quick routes. Rodgers was 62.5%, Sanchez was 61%, Weeden was 58.5% but started out 13/17, Hasselbeck was 75.9%, and Tannehill was 57.9% but had his streaks against us, and threw for nearly 300 yards. Our defense is susceptible to the pass, even against the likes of Blaine Gabbert, who has a decent arm and can throw it accurately when there's no pressure.

The other thing about Gabbert is that he has limited awareness inside the pocket. Being a spread quarterback in college, five step drops are not native to him. Or, I should say, what he does after the drop, especially if his receivers aren't immediately open. Good pocket quarterbacks know how to move around within the pocket to avoid the pass rush, and stand tall and make throws down the field. Luck did a tremendous job of this against the Dolphins. Tony Romo did a terrible job of this against the Falcons. Gabbert is prone to taking bad sacks, breaking down, and wilting under pressure. This was the biggest criticism of him last season, and it's probably why he's fumbled 18 times in 23 games. But again, if the Jags receivers can get open quickly -- and I'm not confident that we'll be able to prevent this from happening -- Gabbert can get them the ball.

Our defense is also susceptible to screen passes and play action fakes, which might allow Gabbert some chances to get the ball down the field a few times.

So I'm seriously serious when I say -- very seriously -- that I would NOT surprise me if Blaine Gabbert has a good game against us. If the Jags coaches put together a game plan that neutralizes our pass rush and keeps Gabbert comfortable, they actually could air it out tomorrow night. Blackmon has been coming on; Shorts hurt us last time; Lewis is a good tight end. And we haven't forced a turnover in a month.

If this was Tom Brady saying this, I'd be concerned. But Gabbert? Gabbert?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lmaooo thank you for this laugh good sir i needed that, but no seriously the Jags unleashing a passing attack is very comical.

I don't think it will be a cake walk that's why I said shoot out and if we don't get pressure on gabbert he could burn us again hopefully luck decides to unveil his five td permance so we can put them away early but knowing this colts team it prob wont be decided til the 4th quarter or overtime

He struggles deep into his progressions; in other words, if his first or second option isn't open, he doesn't really know what to do with the ball. So if I were the Jags, my objective would be to try to get my outside receivers open right away, especially with the Colts top two corners out with injuries. If Blackmon and Shorts can run some quick slants, Gabbert can get the ball to them. If they can get Lewis open up the seam or outside the numbers, he can pick up some yards and catches on our linebackers. The key is to get receivers open quickly, and the last five quarterbacks we've played have done a great job on quick routes. Rodgers was 62.5%, Sanchez was 61%, Weeden was 58.5% but started out 13/17, Hasselbeck was 75.9%, and Tannehill was 57.9% but had his streaks against us, and threw for nearly 300 yards. Our defense is susceptible to the pass, even against the likes of Blaine Gabbert, who has a decent arm and can throw it accurately when there's no pressure.

The other thing about Gabbert is that he has limited awareness inside the pocket. Being a spread quarterback in college, five step drops are not native to him. Or, I should say, what he does after the drop, especially if his receivers aren't immediately open. Good pocket quarterbacks know how to move around within the pocket to avoid the pass rush, and stand tall and make throws down the field. Luck did a tremendous job of this against the Dolphins. Tony Romo did a terrible job of this against the Falcons. Gabbert is prone to taking bad sacks, breaking down, and wilting under pressure. This was the biggest criticism of him last season, and it's probably why he's fumbled 18 times in 23 games. But again, if the Jags receivers can get open quickly -- and I'm not confident that we'll be able to prevent this from happening -- Gabbert can get them the ball.

Our defense is also susceptible to screen passes and play action fakes, which might allow Gabbert some chances to get the ball down the field a few times.

So I'm seriously serious when I say -- very seriously -- that I would NOT surprise me if Blaine Gabbert has a good game against us. If the Jags coaches put together a game plan that neutralizes our pass rush and keeps Gabbert comfortable, they actually could air it out tomorrow night. Blackmon has been coming on; Shorts hurt us last time; Lewis is a good tight end. And we haven't forced a turnover in a month.

People look at his raw stats and dismiss him. I'm glad someone else finally brings this up.

It would be stupid for them not to try to air it out on us with all the injuries in our secondary.

On a side note, maybe we'll have a clint session sighting this Thursday night. If there is we can all point and laugh hysterically at him...

Thanks as always, Super....

And I'll add this..... as it is for the Colts, this is the Jaguars Big Chance on the National Stage. They do not want to be embarrassed. The spotlight and the buzz is all with Indy. How does a young team handle success? How do we deal with all the praise and do it on a short week where we're all banged up? And do it against a home team that many are overlooking?

This is a dangerous game for the Colts. Very, very dangerous!!

All things considered, Gabbert may look much better against the Colts than he has against other teams.

Did I mention this is a dangerous game?? Be careful what you wish for, all you Gabbert doubters, you might just get it!!

Just sayin....

I hope we move the chains enough against them that we can take plenty of shots against them! Won't be as good as it was on Sunday on 3rd down but hope we just move the chains and control the clock

Why would it not be as good as Sunday ? The Dolphins was leading the league on 3rd down defense and the Colts did very well, I doubt the jags defense will be as tough.