Photo

Good luck Hayworth Hicks...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 mvbighead

mvbighead
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Jets plucked him from our PS:

http://profootballta...practice-squad/

Wonder who they'll replace him with.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16732 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Good Luck
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#3 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12717 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Will there be a Mike Tepper sighting? :) He knows the plays...can play guard and tackle...McGlynn can play center if Shipley gets dinged........URRGH!

Should replace OL with OL IMO.....I did not look, but I believe he is the only OL on there.

With Satele hurting and Link coming off of a concussion, some moves need to be made. Sowell held his own last week with Justice down....I wonder why Hicks might not have been moved up already.

Very interesting, and thanks for sharing.

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#4 The Lucky Neck Beard

The Lucky Neck Beard
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

So is it possible that they will be moving someone from the active roster to the PS to activate Justin Anderson, or Josh Chapman? The FO might not have activated Hicks to the AR because Anderson is ready to start. Any thoughts?

#5 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3396 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

He was a good prospect. I wish they had played him ahead of Olson. He would have blocked at a higher level.

#6 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12717 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

He was a good prospect. I wish they had played him ahead of Olson. He would have blocked at a higher level.

You are right....Grigs kept him for a reason....with injuries, it would have been nice to give him a shot!!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#7 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2854 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

chapman must be activated by the 13th or he goes on ir

#8 ProblChld32

ProblChld32
  • 1057 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I would have loved to see him in action he is a monster blocking in the run game.

#9 mvbighead

mvbighead
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

chapman must be activated by the 13th or he goes on ir

Chapman is on Injury IR. Activating him will likely take place on the active roster, not the PS. This doesn't help us with that.

#10 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15185 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

For some reason, I thought we had released Justin Hickman. I was like :reaction: :Gaah:
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#11 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3566 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Boy, that sucks for him...
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#12 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6268 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

So is it possible that they will be moving someone from the active roster to the PS to activate Justin Anderson, or Josh Chapman? The FO might not have activated Hicks to the AR because Anderson is ready to start. Any thoughts?

A player cant be moved from the active roster to ps. The player on roster would have to be cut and clear waivers. Then they could be signed to the ps.

They say you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar, but does anyone know what the final tally was?  And why didn't they try manure?  And if they did, how would that have changed the saying?  Would it be, "you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar, but you'll catch the most if you're full of crap?"  

#13 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18185 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Dumb move plain and simple, alot of questionable decision making going on on and off the field

#14 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2943 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Dumb move plain and simple, alot of questionable decision making going on on and off the field

I thought you liked Hicks. Why would it be dumb for the Jets to take him from our PS?

#15 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18185 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

I thought you liked Hicks. Why would it be dumb for the Jets to take him from our PS?

To let him sit on our PS while we are hanging onto someone like a Tony Hills on the active roster after he stunk up the joint more then once while he was in games, good move by the Jets in the long run, Hicks is not well known or even likely make any Pro Bowls ever but he would likely been better then any Guard we have been marching out there with in terms of run blocking (and in Seth Olsens case I feel comfortable saying Hicks would have been a better pass blocker to) (yes for those Front office and Coaches know best crowd I know the coaches know a heck of alot more then I do). Congrats to Hicks, He could even see time or start (not likely) if Brandon Moore is a no go this week

#16 YOUR GM

YOUR GM
  • 1794 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I think Grigson has done one :censored: of a job, actually. From the draft, to making quality trades, to signing free agents as we need them, he's been stellar so far.
<p>I am "YOUR GM," ...therefore, my decisions are infallable

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Bogie

Golden Dawn comes tonight, Ministry marathan before Halloween

Show comments (5)
View All Updates