Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 11/06 "Twosday Twofer"

sb41champs

In Honor of Election Day - Twodays Twosday Twofer will have an "election flavor" :

1. At the midway point in the Colts 2012 season - Which ROOKIE player would you cast your vote for as the COLTS ROOKIE MVP ??

2. At the midway point in the Colts 2012 season - Which VETERAN player would you cast your vote for as the COLTS VETERAN MVP ??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He could, but I think he's way more athletic than people give him credit for and projects way better as CB. Definitely could be a good safety, but I think if we drafted him, he fits well as a boundary corner for us.
    • I think we need to sign a vet, but Jackson isn't it. Age and his dirty playstyle are non-starters for me.   JuJu definitely flashed pretty well in the limited games we saw him in. If he's healthy, I think he'll be a solid CB for us.   He dominated every WR at the Senior Bowl, specifically in drills that heavily skew towards WRs, often using techniques he was just really learning in the pro-bowl practices (mainly press man techniques). He dominated in the MAC and dominated at Senior Bowl practices, and with his athletic traits, he projects very well to the NFL. I see him being a dominant CB in the near future. I don't necessarily want to take a CB at 15, but I wouldn't be mad if we took Mitchell.
    • There are quite a few articles on the internet that say he may transition to safety in the NFL. Interesting reads
    • He could feel that he needs Paye to develop into a more complete edge rusher. He keeps promoting that he was great as a run defender, but needs to continue improving. He invested a 1st on him, so he could very well want to retain him. My thought on drafting an edge rusher at 15 is that it works as a hedge in the event you don’t retain Paye or if the player shows far more promise than Paye moving forward. My comment about Pierce is that he invested a good draft pick on him- so the argument could be made that had Pittman walked, he would have Pierce (although we all agree that Pierce hasn’t performed like we hoped, nor would he be a wr1 by any means). He would have options this draft had Pittman not worked out.   The idea was more behind longterm planning when Pierce was drafted. Keep them coming in the pipeline so that you have options, and ideally good ones. Remember when Phillip dorsett was drafted? Many thought at the time the idea was to add to the room and hedge in the event TY walked when his contract was up. I’m not opposed to looking at stacking premium position players in the 1st round. That provides depth at the position short term and options longterm. It lessens the burden on a 1st round rookie at those positions, giving them time to develop. 
    • Crazy that the draft is a month away coming up on us quickly.
  • Members