Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players shave their heads for Pagano [Merge]

PatMcAfeeFan

Please Merge This , see already there & too late to stop once posted --- Colts shaving heads in support of Chuck Pagano - Good Picture of 3

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/12341-please-merge-this-see-already-there-too-late-to-stop-once-posted-colts-shaving-heads-in-support-of-chuck-pagano-good-picture-of-3/

Posted Today, 09:40 AM

Colts owner Jim Irsay wrote on Twitter that several players have already gone bald to show their support for Pagano.

“Buzzed heads abound in our locker room right now in honor of Chuck!” Irsay wrote.

Colts long snapper Matt Overton tweeted the picture you see here of himself, punter Pat McAfee and kicker Adam Vinatieri, all of whom shaved their heads today.

coltsbald.jpg?w=212

http://profootballta...pagano/related/

=====================================================

Colts players shave heads to honor Chuck Pagano

The Indianapolis Star reported Tuesday that more than two dozen players along with other team personnel shaved their heads in support of Pagano. The coach -- who was diagnosed with leukemia in September -- started a second round of chemotherapy this week.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl

Not sure if I'd call him a "class act".

Pat McAfee@PatMcAfeeShow

@ItsTheSituation stay safe during the storm!!”~ You're the reason 4 the storm. Sandy, much like the rest of America, thinks you're a *

Pat McAfee@PatMcAfeeShow

The expected point of entry 4 Sandy is directly @ Jersey Shore..It's like she thinks The Situation is there & wants 2 punish his *yness

While I personally like these jokes from McAfee, it wouldn't normally be something a "class act" would write.

:facepalm:

First of all the person said class act MOVE. That last word is important because it means that poster was talking about this specific move by Pat and that person is right. All the player shaving their heads to stand behind their coach who is fighting cancer is a class act move. More so beyond that Pat has proven time and time again he is a good person. Rather it be doing this, growing out his hair for locks of love, buying a station wagon filling it up with free stuff and just driving it around Indianapolis and giving it away, or doing any media request that is ever asked of him (honestly do you hear any Colts player on the radio more than Pat and how many teams in the NFL can say their punter is a legit face of the team?), and that's just the stuff we know about.

Pat's a young man and has shown that at times. His swimming in the broad ripple canal comes to mind but he took responsibility for it and apologized and has not come close to putting himself in that situation again meaning he learned from it and understands it hurts more than just himself it hurts the team. What more do you want from him in that regard?

Let's look at this though. You are using two jokes made on twitter to try to disqualify him as a "class act". If that's the case this 98% of this forum aren't class acts either because almost all of us make jokes from time-to-time. Good thing we live in a country where we have freedom of speech to be able to do that and if the worst thing you can say about someone is that they make a joke then well I am going to say that person is a pretty good person. Pat has also gone on the record several times being serious saying we need to pray for people hurt by Sandy. So yes at the end of the day I would say Pat McAfee is a very good person and a class act and the shaving his head to support his coach is just another peace of evidence that proves that.

This goes to something larger though that I just don't get and this part isn't only directed at you. Why is when someone is trying to point out something cool our players do people feel the need to tear them down? Why can't we just go wow awesome story and focus on the positive to it. In this thread alone we have this comment and someone who felt the need to take a shot at AV for no real reason. If people want to make a thread to discuss AV's kicking ability (although that's been pretty much beaten in the ground and I am one of those guilty of doing it) then by all means do so that's what the forum is for samething if people want to make a thread talking about players use of twitter. However, can't we just focus on the positive that is this story and not lose sight of that?

Here's the TEAM Pic of it posted by Irsay via Twitter a few minutes ago

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Buzzed heads in honor of Chuck! http://instagr.am/p/RvOTlWJ62q/

Awesome. Reminds me of when the Pacers shaved their heads during the playoff runs they had in the late 90's. Granted for VERY different reasons but I love it because it shows that the team is coming together and that is THE key to team sports. If you have a group of guys who buy in 100% and are committed to each other they will do great things. To me that's what makes a great coach is the ability to get a group of people to come together and do just that. I think that's the "it" factor we talk about when we say a coach just has "it". Dungy had it and now Pagano has it. I don't think Caldwell had it. I think the players respected Caldwell but I don't think they were willing to go that extra yard for him like they would have Dungy and clearly will for Pagano.

Luck shaved his head but not his neck beard haha

The only thing that will make him shave that beard is his girl friend. I heard him say in an interview before the draft that when she's in town she makes him shave it. In fairness though this is Movember for prostate cancer where men grow facial hair and don't shave it to raise awareness for that which is something Arians is a survivor of. So in a way Luck can support two coaches at the sametime :).

The only thing that will make him shave that beard is his girl friend. I heard him say in an interview before the draft that when she's in town she makes him shave it. In fairness though this Movember for prostate cancer where men grow facial hair and don't shave it to raise awareness for that.

Im not going to say anything about since the beard lead us to a 3 game win streak he can trademark it. He just wont be getting any Gillette commercials in the future

hope luck doesn't lose his strength like samson

The reverse is Wayne has had a shaved head most of his career and Reggie Miller was great in this town for a long time with a shaved head. Maybe it'll make him play better or maybe that only works for Reggie's in Indy we'll see lol!

The reverse is Wayne has had a shaved head most of his career and Reggie Miller was great in this town for a long time with a shaved head. Maybe it'll make him play better or maybe that only works for Reggie's in Indy we'll see lol!

wasnt Gonzalez also with a shaved head, he wasnt superman

Well like I said maybe it's only a Reggie in Indy kinda thing. I hope not or we are in trouble tomorrow. With that said Gonzo was pretty good here when healthy he just couldn't stay healthy.

that was my real point, we got young players they need to stay healthy, esp first draft pick

This is why the Indianapolis Colts are my favorite NFL team. The unconditional love & support for Coach Pagano in his struggle to confront & defeat cancer.

FG Kicker AV has a nice shaped head BTW. AV said, "I married anyway. So it doesn't matter." haha

The implication being he doesn't have to sweep a woman off her feet or romance her anymore. It made me chuckle. :lol:

Yeah Brent, even Cousin it handed Mr. Brown a pair of pruning shears. ;) :thmup:

Cousinit.jpg

Wow I have Fester as Luck on page 1, and you find Cousin It.....Cousin It says " WADDDA WADDA WADDDA WADDDA" Fester says...."Wha'd he say...What'd he say?" Mr Addams......""He said he needs a haircut." Almost everytime It talked......hilarious. :funny::spit:

Luck had it razor shaved, but it grew back so fast it appeared as a tight buzz-cut. In other news, Tom Brady checks under his bed at night for Andrew Luck....JOKING...but seriously (not really) Luck would whip Tom's * in a fight! (again just for fun...I don't wish either of them to actually fight)

Love the show of support by the team! I think/hope this may be a season to truly remember. Get it done Thursday night, get some guys back and shock NE!! (They aren't invincible, a tough out for sure, but with a decently healthy team, who knows?) Then win the remaining games we should win, and maybe steal one (Lions, Houston at home) If that happens I will be ecstatic with this season. It's all gravy from here, since we were picked #32 or around that to start...But we have to take care of business tomorrow against a struggling Jags team that always plays us close no matter what.