Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peter King Loves Him Some Andrew Luck....

NewColtsFan

They all see what is happening.. some are just gonna have to provide debate at the Mothership. ESPN.

Warner and Bayless are about the only 2 left at this point. Ole Merle Hodge and Phil Simms have even come around.

King has been on Luck's jock for a while now. I like PK. Can't wait to hear Greg Cosell on the Herd talking some Luck. Should be tomorrow or Thurs.

I don't get how King thought the running was bad, just based on the first half stats. How does the 2nd half improvement not matter. That part of the column is asinine.the adjustment helped us win.

Up till the 19 yard Ballard run it wasn't good, we had 97 yards rushing on the day, 79 until that 19 yard run, hardly impressive but on the Ballard run for 19 yards it seemed like the blue sea just parted just long enough

peter king's opinion means about as much florio's

NYC writer... He is 10x the writer Florio is ...

And Influential. . King has been around as long as Mort...

It's coming.. regardless of "who" delivers the message. The message will got OLD.

RG3 ... electrifying... 1-4 games decided by 7 points... AL .... hmmmmmmmmm? Winning..

hehee.. .

I don't get how King thought the running was bad, just based on the first half stats. How does the 2nd half improvement not matter. That part of the column is asinine.the adjustment helped us win.

11 carries...... 22 yards.

All he's trying to say, is even with the improvement, that wasn't a great display of being able to run the ball. We struggled to get the 97 yards that we did. And without Ballard's last run, what would we have had? 80-85 yards. That's it.

I don't know why you're struggling to embrace this. The guy is heaping praise on Luck and you're finding fault. Whatever.....

http://espn.go.com/e...=8599120&s=espn

Listen to Greenberg here and then listen to CC and Golic clown him.. hehee

debate... drama... hey all know.. .

Cris Carter "Dallas tends to not make the play...People think the players in Dallas are better than what they are." Can we put this statement on a permanent feedback loop? haha

The Colts, Steelers, or Patriots deserve a shot at that title not Dallas. Pleasssse....

Dallas is over rated IMO. They haven't won a NFL Championship since 1996. "America's Team" my caboose! Not!

11 carries...... 22 yards.

All he's trying to say, is even with the improvement, that wasn't a great display of being able to run the ball. We struggled to get the 97 yards that we did. And without Ballard's last run, what would we have had? 80-85 yards. That's it.

I don't know why you're struggling to embrace this. The guy is heaping praise on Luck and you're finding fault. Whatever.....

Yeah he's praising Luck, everyone is, its understandable.

I just didn't get why he only wanted to look at the negatives in the run game. It improved in the 2nd half against a very good defense. I just didn't like how he discounted that like it didn't matter. It did.

Up till the 19 yard Ballard run it wasn't good, we had 97 yards rushing on the day, 79 until that 19 yard run, hardly impressive but on the Ballard run for 19 yards it seemed like the blue sea just parted just long enough

A few years ago 97 yards was very good for us. 11 for 22 wasn't good but the run game in the 2nd was stout. Alot of 4-8 yard runs for 75 yards in a half impresses me anyway. A 19 yard run is a 19 yard run.

NYC writer... He is 10x the writer Florio is ...

And Influential. . King has been around as long as Mort...

It's coming.. regardless of "who" delivers the message. The message will got OLD.

RG3 ... electrifying... 1-4 games decided by 7 points... AL .... hmmmmmmmmm? Winning..

hehee.. .

didn't say i disagreed with him, just don't respect him. influential to whom?

A few years ago 97 yards was very good for us. 11 for 22 wasn't good but the run game in the 2nd was stout. Alot of 4-8 yard runs for 75 yards in a half impresses me anyway. A 19 yard run is a 19 yard run.

So, what you're ignoring, is that we had 56 yards rushing right up until the last carry by Ballard. 56 yards that covered 99% of the 2nd half, then, in the final moments, a 19 yard run. In other words, the 75 yards in the 2nd half is completely misleading...

So, what you're ignoring, is that we had 56 yards rushing right up until the last carry by Ballard. 56 yards that covered 99% of the 2nd half, then, in the final moments, a 19 yard run. In other words, the 75 yards in the 2nd half is completely misleading...

Why do people just 'negate' the relevance of a 'big play'?, as if it shouldn't count? Folk have done it with Brown and his 80 yrd run last year. It is wrong.

If you take out Peyton's one Super Bowl he's not won anything really....etc

Why do people just 'negate' the relevance of a 'big play'?, as if it shouldn't count? Folk have done it with Brown and his 80 yrd run last year. It is wrong.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But when the Big Play is practically the last play of the game, and there is a small set of numbers to begin with (just 27 runs and 97 yards) then that one run dramatically distorts everything. And since we've been discussing perception, (King's perception is we had a very poor running game) I think the late run distorts the perception that our running game wasn't so bad.

King wasn't impressed with our run game and some (one?) here were.

That's why I'm discounting the late run and why I understand King's view of things....

Hope that clarifies..... and of course, your mileage may vary.... :thmup:

it helps their argument

That last run SEALED the game not really was the last play. he does not break that for us we punt. Miami was playing to make the stop great play call on Offense because Miami was expecting pass. and we ran the ball on a very good run D at a very key part of the game.

King don't love Luck that much he called RG3 his mid season rookie of the year....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/06/2012-nfl-midseason-all-pro-team/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

hehe... guess he has to keep the East coast crybabies a little happy.

Utterly comical really... A 2 win team, transformed to 5-3 .....

Oh well.. he did it to himself with all his slobbering.. hehee,,... .

King don't love Luck that much he called RG3 his mid season rookie of the year....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/06/2012-nfl-midseason-all-pro-team/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

hehe... guess he has to keep the East coast crybabies a little happy.

Utterly comical really... A 2 win team, transformed to 5-3 .....

Oh well.. he did it to himself with all his slobbering.. hehee,,... .

It's better to be Lucky than good...23rd ranked offense (points).I'd say that's pause to give the quarterback OROY. He had a big game stats wise last week, although that hope and prayer he chucked into the end zone should have been picked. The only thing eye catching are his yardage totals on the season; however the points aren't there. Throw in a 79 QB rating and the term "game manager" comes to mind.

He will more than likely not bust. But I have no idea what to expect. It'll be interesting when he plays a bonafide defense like the Texans.

ill take 14 attempts for 56 (4ypc)or 15 for 75 (5 ypc) improved from the first half of 2 ypc.

It's better to be Lucky than good...23rd ranked offense (points).I'd say that's pause to give the quarterback OROY. He had a big game stats wise last week, although that hope and prayer he chucked into the end zone should have been picked. The only thing eye catching are his yardage totals on the season; however the points aren't there. Throw in a 79 QB rating and the term "game manager" comes to mind.

He will more than likely not bust. But I have no idea what to expect. It'll be interesting when he plays a bonafide defense like the Texans.

He's definitely more good than lucky. And he did have a big game, not just stat wise, but also in leading his team to a win. After all, it's the Ws that really count. We are the 23rd ranked offense in terms of points per game, however, you will notice that the teams ranked among the highest in PPG usually are teams that rank high in rushing as well. It's no secret that Indy is not a great rushing team and struggles to run in the red zone. I'd put more of the blame of the low points per game on the lack of a solid run game and not entirely on Luck.

The points arent there because of stupid penalties such as a 17 year veteran taking his sweet time on a field goal attempt which drew a penalty and after the penalty he conveniently missed the field goal, sure has Luck been inaccurate, of course all QB's are from time to time, some of the greats even make bad decisions, Manning did and does still(Blasphemy I know). Favre did, Brady does, they all have regardless of # of years in the league. Luck is playing without an O Line and WR's who are among the league leaders in dropped passes, I believe it was stated 20 drops or thereabouts, add those 20 drops onto his numbers now and see what his completion percentage comes out to. Take Luck out and you have a team that has a serious shot of going 0-16 and looking extremely ugly doing it

I remember the reasoning for both players eventual departure. But in hindsight, those 2 NON moves hurt this team more than any non injury.

OL has struggled since they both left.

The line struggled with Lilja. His injury concerns and poor play were the primary reasons he was released. It backfired, but it's just amazing to me how people judge moves out of the rearview mirror, ignoring the fact that these decisions are made while looking out of the windshield.

I don't see any rationale for criticizing the Jake Scott departure. He chose to leave for the same money we offered him.

The line struggled with Lilja. His injury concerns and poor play were the primary reasons he was released. It backfired, but it's just amazing to me how people judge moves out of the rearview mirror, ignoring the fact that these decisions are made while looking out of the windshield.

I don't see any rationale for criticizing the Jake Scott departure. He chose to leave for the same money we offered him.

Neither of us know what went down in that negotiation... I imagine Jake just felt unappreciated. That would not be a first, and judging by his current stance. I'd say it is a safe bet that was the reason.

I was disappointed when both left, and I still am... In fact if I had my way Indy would sign Scott NOW. He was a FA waiting to get paid as of a few weeks ago. Overpaying for OLmen who are proven doesn't bother me in the least, esp when they are needed.

And Lilja.. Indy just gave up on him. yet they stick with others? Sanders, Gonzo, Addai... Folks only miss a quality OL when they don't have one.

Not looking through 20/20 hindsight just stated a fact. The Colts not keeping them hurt them. I felt it would at the time. And it still is in a way.

IMO Great teams are build up front. OL and DL Polian had a history of ignoring the OL. And guess what... it may have cost him his job in the end.

Bandwagon.jpg

Running out of Room here. What happened to the people saying we'd NEVER Win 3 games this year & all that? Please people, now that we're Winning don't act like you've been with us in our struggles. Please, just leave us alone & let us Grow as a Team & continue to Fight with our Coach.

That is all, Thank You

Bandwagon.jpg

Running out of Room here. What happened to the people saying we'd NEVER Win 3 games this year & all that? Please people, now that we're Winning don't act like you've been with us in our struggles. Please, just leave us alone & let us Grow as a Team & continue to Fight with our Coach.

That is all, Thank You

Oh they are still here... they just bought a brand new shiny horn...

Go Colts

Neither of us know what went down in that negotiation...

He wouldn't be the first athlete to leave money on the table, or to leave town for the same money. It happens and is confirmed all the time.

I imagine Jake just felt unappreciated. That would not be a first, and judging by his current stance. I'd say it is a safe bet that was the reason.

It's easy to project that onto him, given how disappointed people were in general with Bill Polian. But it's pretty strange to say that he felt unappreciated by the Colts because they didn't offer him enough money, and then go sign with the Titans for the same money.

Based on where he is right now -- not retired, still expressing interest in playing -- it's not hard to imagine. But that doesn't mean that our management did anything wrong.

I was disappointed when both left, and I still am... In fact if I had my way Indy would sign Scott NOW. He was a FA waiting to get paid as of a few weeks ago. Overpaying for OLmen who are proven doesn't bother me in the least, esp when they are needed.

Agreed. I campaigned for Jake Scott back in training camp. Didn't work.

And Lilja.. Indy just gave up on him. yet they stick with others? Sanders, Gonzo, Addai... Folks only miss a quality OL when they don't have one.

True. I didn't see the reason for the Lilja release. Not with what we had at guard at the time. But he wasn't exactly tearing it up. He missed all of 2008 with a weird injury, and then didn't play all that well in 2009.

Not looking through 20/20 hindsight just stated a fact. The Colts not keeping them hurt them. I felt it would at the time. And it still is in a way.

IMO Great teams are build up front. OL and DL Polian had a history of ignoring the OL. And guess what... it may have cost him his job in the end.

The only reason I responded is because you brought this up as if Bill Polian made a glaring mistake. I don't blame him for the Scott situation, and I didn't think he did anything wrong with the Lilja release. We got bit by both. It happens.

What Polian should have done is put more attention on our positions of need in the draft and free agency. I don't agree that he ignored the line. He actually went out of his way to do something about it with the Ugoh move, which didn't work out. The next year, he drafted three offensive linemen, and none of them were very good. He just whiffed on a lot of them. That's not any better, and is actually an indication that he just wasn't as good anymore at finding talent. But the attention was there with the offensive line.