Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thinking ahead.... Saints RB Mark Ingram

Ohio Colt

Not sure we're good at OLB either... when Frathis are both in the game, we're OK (and I've very pleasantly surprised to say that), but what percentage of snaps have we seen both in there? They aren't getting any younger, and Hughes doesn't look like the future to me.

Yeah I don't know how "good" we are ANYWHERE except QB right now. Everyone has a lot of proving to do. As far as OLB goes, I think we def need a pass rushing linebacker to pair up with Mathis and keep building.

So what game have they failed to close out? Seems to me they did exactly that in the 3 game winning streak.

The notion that the Colts would give up a draft pick to get a RB is comical.

Season isn't over yet is it? 2011 Lions were a good team. But without a running game they lost a few they should have won.

Stay tuned and see if its an issue. Don't get so irritated and fired up.

Season isn't over yet is it? 2011 Lions were a good team. But without a running game they lost a few they should have won.

Stay tuned and see if its an issue. Don't get so irritated and fired up.

More informed posts keep me from pointing out their flaws.

To be honest, I'm fine with our RBs. I would rather concentrate on other parts of O-line, Luck needs better protection. But I don't have much football IQ, so I may be wrong.

I am only liking this because of the first part of what was said HCF! Brown, Ballard, and Carter are all running hard and quite frankly our patchwork OL is playing very hard. I put a big DISLIKE on you saying you do not have a high football IQ!!!! :) As I continue to see Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers Tom Brady (Want me to keep going?) get sacked numerous times I can only say.... :ranton: THE COLTS OL IS NOT GOOD, BUT IS GETTING THE JOB DONE AS WELL AS MANY LINES THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE VERY GOOD!!!!! :rantoff: This group is playing their hearts out. Shipley came in and was consistently flexing his muscles (literally) and putting his helmet in ANY Dolphin facemask and pad he could find. WE have what WE have...and we will go to war with them!

Ingram is a nice back....we d not need him for a 3rd for sure....not a draft pick at all....lets re-load with the draft and FA.....and yes as HCF says OL and secondary would be nice....and more depth on the DL just in case Chap cannot go....my hopes are he can...one bad dude.... :thmup::colts: :colts: :colts:

Reading is fundamental. I am not singling out any back in particular but simply stating that the running game has made significant progress in the last few weeks. All backs have been very good and have been a huge reason why they are on a 3 game win streak.

But since you brought it up - yes Ballard's end of game run was impressive as heck. The entire stadium knew what they were going to do & who would get the ball. Miami's only chance is to stop that run and yet they failed. And saying the Red Sea parted is comical. He did not freaking run those 19 yards without being touched. It was a darn tough run.

were talking about 2 runs, Like I said Brown is better right now and the numbers back that up in every way, more reliable hanging onto the ball to

I'll pass on Ingram & Gavin I dont think you are giving the Fins D enough credit. They are pretty stout against the run this year. I do agree with you that our OLine def needs upgraded but the running game has slowly been coming around (really liked it vs. Titans). I dont think any of our RB's are stars but def serviceable and compliment each other very well as all 3 does something a little different. I also think that 19yd run by Ballard was HUGE at the end of the Fins game!! HOW MANY times can you remember the Colts not getting a 3rd & 1 or 3rd & 2 to seal the victory, punt & hope the D holds?!?!

These Threads KILL me. Everytime some player on another team has ONE good game, people make the Thread about grabbing them. Yes you have the right to post what you want, but seriously people. If you're gonna make a Thread like this, PLEASE make it about a Position we NEED, not WANT.

Yes, Ingram is a Good Player..... but we don't NEED him. RB & QB are not NEEDED.

CB, O-Line, & D-line are the NEEDS

I'll pass on Ingram & Gavin I dont think you are giving the Fins D enough credit. They are pretty stout against the run this year. I do agree with you that our OLine def needs upgraded but the running game has slowly been coming around (really liked it vs. Titans). I dont think any of our RB's are stars but def serviceable and compliment each other very well as all 3 does something a little different. I also think that 19yd run by Ballard was HUGE at the end of the Fins game!! HOW MANY times can you remember the Colts not getting a 3rd & 1 or 3rd & 2 to seal the victory, punt & hope the D holds?!?!

Good point. Our Colts have almost never gotten clutch running like Ballard has these past 2 games. Manning has always passed us to victory. Beginning of a new era.

Im not saying we havent been going against some good run D's but some act as if two big runs are enough to announce Ballard as some sort of king of the hill out of our running backs and not only that disregard that Ballard does not even have the basics of beng a runner down and thats hanging onto the ball, I know its not right but jeesh if you take away his two biggest runs (both of which came at the very end of the games of 19 and 26 yards literally on his last runs) then Ballard would have 2.9 ypc, Take away Browns two longest runs of 19 and 18 yards and Brown still has 282 yards behind the mess that is our O Line, as for not getting 3rd and 1's maybe you should tell Arians not to go three wide and throw it on a 3rd and 1 which we have done our fair share of this season, His play calling has been almost laughably bad at times if it didnt put Luck in a tight spot

were talking about 2 runs, Like I said Brown is better right now and the numbers back that up in every way, more reliable hanging onto the ball to

He is always injured and he can't catch out of the backfield. Those are UN-reliable characterics for a running back. Everyone, including Arians, says Luck needs to check down and throw underneath sometimes. Well, he can't do it if Brown keeps dropping the pass. They will be forced to use Ballard.

You know, it is funny that everyone (not on this board per se but the media, casual fans, etc.) talks about how Peyton has a complete team in Denver with a running game and the Texans have a dominant running game (to use two examples). The Colts are averaging the exact same yards/carry (3.9) as both of them. Do you think Broncos and Texans fans are asking for a replacement to Willis McGahee and Arian Foster because of performance?

Can the Colts improve, sure. Are they on the right track, yes.

Look at the top rushing teams based on yards/game, yards/carry, or any other indicator and then take a look at records. There is no significant correlation between being a top 10 rushing team and winning in todays NFL.

He is always injured and he can't catch out of the backfield. Those are UN-reliable characterics for a running back. Everyone, including Arians, says Luck needs to check down and throw underneath sometimes. Well, he can't do it if Brown keeps dropping the pass. They will be forced to use Ballard.

I will give you that, Brown has dropped two big passes this year vs the Bears that really ticked me off and Ballard does have 8 catches, but Ballard has also dropped a couple to but he has been more productive catching the ball but still Brown is what ya would call a game changer because of his game speed he can get you 4-5 yards on the ground (he is slightly more of a power runner then people give him credit for its not his fault alot of times he gets stopped in the backfield before he even has a chance to get started)or he can get you 80 yards on a missed tackle. Im not saying Ballard doesnt have potential to be that starter because he does simply because of his power runs (although Carter has more power) but Brown has 1 fumble on 415 attempts but Ballard has 1 already in just 74 attempts. More carries need to be seen especially if you factor Ballard has more carries now but quite a few less yards, hey I like Ballard but Brown is just simply better at this point

Can you please do me a favor and buy a clue. I did not/have not/ am not making any kind of comparison between Brown & Ballard. The running game in general has significantly improved because of both. Throw in Carter to that as well.

Can you please do me a favor and buy a clue. I did not/have not/ am not making any kind of comparison between Brown & Ballard. The running game in general has significantly improved because of both. Throw in Carter to that as well.

Ok Im gonna have to look up the word significantly because apparently that definition has changed to fit 2 running plays but Im seriously done with the debate, The running game is the same as it has been all year inconsistent and even alot of times non existent

Ok Im gonna have to look up the word significantly because apparently that definition has changed to fit 2 running plays but Im seriously done with the debate, The running game is the same as it has been all year inconsistent and even alot of times non existent

I have said repeatedly that they have improved, significantly so, in running the ball over the last 3 games.

Cleveland - 148 yards

Tennessee - 171 yards

Miami - 97 yards

This is not a statement of Brown or Ballard over the other. This is simply about the Indy Colts. For as many posts as you have, I would have thought you would have picked up on this. But continue to discount this to give your position legs to stand on.

We remind me of the 2011 Lions... You realize run game is a problem when you need it late to close out a game and move the chains and you struggle to do so even though you have a Cadillac passing game all game long

Did you not see Ballard move the entier PILE at the end of the Miami game to get the 1st down and ice the game? Our RB's are progressing nicely as the OL starts to mesh and play better.

I have said repeatedly that they have improved, significantly so, in running the ball over the last 3 games.

Cleveland - 148 yards

Tennessee - 171 yards

Miami - 97 yards

This is not a statement of Brown or Ballard over the other. This is simply about the Indy Colts. For as many posts as you have, I would have thought you would have picked up on this. But continue to discount this to give your position legs to stand on.

yes the O Line is has played better when it comes to running the ball, I think since we have installed some more zone blocking that has helped, But I havent gone back and rewatched the last two games slowly

yes the O Line is has played better when it comes to running the ball, I think since we have installed some more zone blocking that has helped, But I havent gone back and rewatched the last two games slowly

Dear God... why not just admit that in reponse to my first post? That was my entire freaking premise.

Secondly, I for one will be breathlessly waiting on your report. But until then just accept what I have said as factual.

Because you didn't agree with it, it was uninformed? I see.

Yes. The thought process of trading for a running back when 1) the ones on the roster now are starting to perform pretty well 2) the running game issues have been largely due to o'line and 3) no one in the NFL trades for a running back. They may sign a FA back but no one gives up a commodity like a draft pick for a back.

On top of that your logic fails. The quote below is something you posted earlier today.

We remind me of the 2011 Lions... You realize run game is a problem when you need it late to close out a game and move the chains and you struggle to do so even though you have a Cadillac passing game all game long

The reality is the Colts have closed out games of late running the ball.

I wish we could get him, I wanted him in the draft. Heck i'll give up brown and powers along with a pick :P but the Saints would be foolish to get rid of him.

the more i read this board the more i understand why polian was dismissive of fans opinions