Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck versus the other rookies.

Stephen

In my opinion the two rookie qbs that are performing the best are Luck and wilson. Both have helped to lead their teams to winning records at the moment. Wilson leads the rookies with 13 passing tds to 8 ints. He's thrown for three tds twice and is only rookie to do that this year. He's also played one more game than Luck and wilson has thrown for the fewest passing yards out of the rookie qbs.

Luck has been great in the clutch and has 4 game winning drives. He's also the only rookie this year to top 300 yards four times and set a rookie record for passing yards in a game and has thrown for more yards in 8 games than any rookie in history.

Next we have ryan tannehill who has dolphins at 4-4. He's an excellent passer but has the least tds of the rookie qbs. However he hasn't thrown an interception in several games and came one yard shy of cam newton's old record of 432 with 431 passing yards in game.

Rg3 has the redskins at 3-6. He started off hot but has cooled down over the last couple of weeks. He still boosts the highest qb rating and completion percentage of the rookie qbs and has thrown the fewest ints out of the bunch. He also has the most rushing tds out of the group.

Last is Weeden. He is one of two rookie qbs to have thrown over 2,000 yards so far this season. He leads the rookies in ints with 12 and has 9tds. However their 2-7 record is terrible.

In my opinion the two rookie qbs that are performing the best are Luck and wilson. Both have helped to lead their teams to winning records at the moment. Wilson leads the rookies with 13 passing tds to 8 ints. He's thrown for three tds twice and is only rookie to do that this year. He's also played one more game than Luck and wilson has thrown for the fewest passing yards out of the rookie qbs.

Luck has been great in the clutch and has 4 game winning drives. He's also the only rookie this year to top 300 yards four times and set a rookie record for passing yards in a game and has thrown for more yards in 8 games than any rookie in history.

Next we have ryan tannehill who has dolphins at 4-4. He's an excellent passer but has the least tds of the rookie qbs. However he hasn't thrown an interception in several games and came one yard shy of cam newton's old record of 432 with 431 passing yards in game.

Rg3 has the redskins at 3-6. He started off hot but has cooled down over the last couple of weeks. He still boosts the highest qb rating and completion percentage of the rookie qbs and has thrown the fewest ints out of the bunch. He also has the most rushing tds out of the group.

Last is Weeden. He is one of two rookie qbs to have thrown over 2,000 yards so far this season. He leads the rookies in ints with 12 and has 9tds. However their 2-7 record is terrible.

i dont necesarilly see how RG3 has cooled down. he has pretty much stayed hot but his WR's drop alot of passes. 9 dropped passes against the steelers 3 of which were TD passes. and 6 against carolina 3 that were big first downs in the redzone not to mention the play calling has hurt him. and he is one WR short who just so happens to be the redskins # 1 WR.

Weeden - you cant necesarilly base their win loss record on him, their defense is horrible. Weeden has done everything he can to try to keep his offense in the game. they lost 6 of their 7 games by 10 or fewer points. and the two games they won their defense actually stepped up. and it doesnt help that he really does not have a " big " receiver to go to.

Wilson - yeah he has had his flashes of good games from time to time, but his record should have a * next to it. that game against Green Bay was a loss and not a win. he was intercepted in the endzone and the replacement refs got the call wrong. even the replay official they talk to live from time to time said the call was wrong and it should have been an INT. but aside from that he has beaten new england and minnesota. although both were at home. ( i sure hope luck can beat new england that would be nice). but what really has made him good is the fact he has skittles in the backfield. with out lynch i dont see wilson being as good as he is right now.

Tannehill - aside from luck and RG3 i think tannehill is the next best rookie QB. he is improving each game and looking less like a rookie more an more. and he is doing alot with just avg at best WR's. What luck has is a pro bowl WR to count on and RG3 had a pro bowl WR to count on until he got hurt.

all in all what all these QB's have that make them different from luck is they all have RB's.

RG3 - Alfred Morris - 793 yards on the ground (4th in the NFL)

Wilson - Lynch - 881 yards (2nd in the NFL)

Tannehill - Bush - 534 yards (17th in the NFL, but they use two or three backs)

Weeden - richardson - 575 yards (14th in the NFL)

Luck - Brown(starting RB) - 319 yards (30th in the NFL) Ballard - 266 yards (37th in the NFL)

Luck is doing more with little help from the run game. you give luck Lynch or alfred Morris or even bush and richardson that would take alot off of Lucks shoulders.

i think RG3 and wilson are close to each other. win/loss record aside because thats a team effort, the QB play for both are remarkable givin whaat they are having to work with on offense with WR's. although wilson has the edge in WR department RG3 still gets it done and keeps his team in all of his games. his defense who is missing their key LB and DE is not playing like they should and are capable of playing. honestly i can see that team turning things around once Mike Shannahan is fired. thats why i stick to saying Luck vs RG3 will be a superbowl match up atleast once in their careers

i dont necesarilly see how RG3 has cooled down. he has pretty much stayed hot but his WR's drop alot of passes. 9 dropped passes against the steelers 3 of which were TD passes. and 6 against carolina 3 that were big first downs in the redzone not to mention the play calling has hurt him. and he is one WR short who just so happens to be the redskins # 1 WR.

Weeden - you cant necesarilly base their win loss record on him, their defense is horrible. Weeden has done everything he can to try to keep his offense in the game. they lost 6 of their 7 games by 10 or fewer points. and the two games they won their defense actually stepped up. and it doesnt help that he really does not have a " big " receiver to go to.

Wilson - yeah he has had his flashes of good games from time to time, but his record should have a * next to it. that game against Green Bay was a loss and not a win. he was intercepted in the endzone and the replacement refs got the call wrong. even the replay official they talk to live from time to time said the call was wrong and it should have been an INT. but aside from that he has beaten new england and minnesota. although both were at home. ( i sure hope luck can beat new england that would be nice). but what really has made him good is the fact he has skittles in the backfield. with out lynch i dont see wilson being as good as he is right now.

Tannehill - aside from luck and RG3 i think tannehill is the next best rookie QB. he is improving each game and looking less like a rookie more an more. and he is doing alot with just avg at best WR's. What luck has is a pro bowl WR to count on and RG3 had a pro bowl WR to count on until he got hurt.

all in all what all these QB's have that make them different from luck is they all have RB's.

RG3 - Alfred Morris - 793 yards on the ground (4th in the NFL)

Wilson - Lynch - 881 yards (2nd in the NFL)

Tannehill - Bush - 534 yards (17th in the NFL, but they use two or three backs)

Weeden - richardson - 575 yards (14th in the NFL)

Luck - Brown(starting RB) - 319 yards (30th in the NFL) Ballard - 266 yards (37th in the NFL)

Luck is doing more with little help from the run game. you give luck Lynch or alfred Morris or even bush and richardson that would take alot off of Lucks shoulders.

i think RG3 and wilson are close to each other. win/loss record aside because thats a team effort, the QB play for both are remarkable givin whaat they are having to work with on offense with WR's. although wilson has the edge in WR department RG3 still gets it done and keeps his team in all of his games. his defense who is missing their key LB and DE is not playing like they should and are capable of playing. honestly i can see that team turning things around once Mike Shannahan is fired. thats why i stick to saying Luck vs RG3 will be a superbowl match up atleast once in their careers

Or better still, imagine giving Luck, Brown, Ballard, and Carter Miami's OLine...