Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Once is a fluke. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a trend.

HtownColt

Over the past three weeks, after Halftime our Defense has only allowed ONE scoring drive the rest of the game(a td drive vs Browns, a FG vs Titans, and a FG vs Dolphins). Credit goes to Manusky and his halftime adjustments, and credit the players for executing those adjustments.

Now we just have start playing the first halves like we do the 2nd halves and our defense would be fine.

As our team grows, the leads will start coming sooner in the game. It is such a great time to be a fan, so many changes and things to see happening in front of us. We went from a veteran perennial playoff team to a young potential playoff team. Not too bad. This team is going to be great, and they are showing signs of it right now. MUCH earlier than most expected. Be patient Colts fans, we are winning with the hodgepodge pieces, just wait until we upgrade! :D

Over the past three weeks, after Halftime our Defense has only allowed ONE scoring drive the rest of the game(a td drive vs Browns, a FG vs Titans, and a FG vs Dolphins). Credit goes to Manusky and his halftime adjustments, and credit the players for executing those adjustments.

Now we just have start playing the first halves like we do the 2nd halves and our defense would be fine.

hold off on that trend thing...we played some bad offenses...(we've blown some leads, too like Minnesota andJax

hold off on that trend thing...we played some bad offenses...(we've blown some leads, too like Minnesota andJax

True.

Last year, tho, I didn't feel like the Colts had much chance unless they were up by 2 scores at halftime. This year, I feel like the team has a decent chance, even if they are down by a couple scores.

As our team grows, the leads will start coming sooner in the game. It is such a great time to be a fan, so many changes and things to see happening in front of us. We went from a veteran perennial playoff team to a young potential playoff team. Not too bad. This team is going to be great, and they are showing signs of it right now. MUCH earlier than most expected. Be patient Colts fans, we are winning with the hodgepodge pieces, just wait until we upgrade! :D

I know this sounds crazy, but just like you get used to and fall in love with the scruffy old mutt, we will miss some of these players when they start replacing them with show dogs. They may not be the most talented bunch but they never QUIT!

An adjustment on D is a well welcome sight. Honestly this D is probably the same as last season, maybe worse when Injury is factored. And this staff is willing to "change" up a bit...

Probably most important of all... A QB that continuously pumps out 10-13 play SCORING drives helps GREATLY>>>>

It's all about the QB in the end....

Well, I look at it like this. We haven't seen our FULL starting Defense together yet. So as far as the Turnovers being Slim & the Points being allowed in the 1st Half, that may change when we get Healthy

I would give anything to see this D come back healthy late in the season... This team could do some work if the chips fall favorably. And they have so far ...

Why not the Colts?

I'm sure good coaching comes into play in there also. It's any given Sunday in the NFL because even bad teams have the ability to beat you. It's preparation along with talent that keep teams winning all the time.

Look out... if Indy can somehow keep winning....

Arians is a legit COTY candidate.

Simply Crazy..

But... when one has a QB anything is possible... just ask NO and Philly fan...

I'm sure good coaching comes into play in there also. It's any given Sunday in the NFL because even bad teams have the ability to beat you. It's preparation along with talent that keep teams winning all the time.

Let me add... Arians may not be getting enough credit for simply getting this team up to play. They had one bad day.. @ Jets. Outside of that ... This team has brought it... from beginning, to after the half .. to finishing games off.

Really impressive on so many levels. It is not an easy thing to do...

man i love this franchise... anyone ever wonder if they were fans of diff teams?! i cant even...

There are other teams? I just thought there were "The Colts" and "whoever the Colts are playing"? I guess I didn't realize there were actually other teams with fans and stuff? LOL

Give him credit, under the previous regime seems like hands were tied as far as halftime adjustments

• 2 weeks later...

forgot to update it but thats 4 weeks in a row that we held a team to ONE scoring drive in the 2nd half of games..if we hold the Patriots to one scoring drive in the 2nd half sunday then it really is a trend and Manusky is doing wonders with his halftime adjustments

forgot to update it but thats 4 weeks in a row that we held a team to ONE scoring drive in the 2nd half of games..if we hold the Patriots to one scoring drive in the 2nd half sunday then it really is a trend and Manusky is doing wonders with his halftime adjustments

If we hold the Pats to one scoring drive in the second half we'll be too busy ducking flying pigs to think about trends.

I know this sounds crazy, but just like you get used to and fall in love with the scruffy old mutt, we will miss some of these players when they start replacing them with show dogs. They may not be the most talented bunch but they never QUIT!

This has crossed my mind also.

For whatever reason, this team reminds me of the '95 team.

There are other teams? I just thought there were "The Colts" and "whoever the Colts are playing"? I guess I didn't realize there were actually other teams with fans and stuff? LOL

I live in Chicagoland.

Unfortunately, I can confirm there are other fans, and other teams :(

'Til there were forums, I didn't realize there were other Colts fans.

I thought I was going to die lonely.

Yes its clear we are a 2nd half team which to me shows not only how well we respond to what the coaches say and see but just how good our coaching staff is as a whole. In the beginning of the season we were a first half team, I like the change from first half to the second, it all starting in the Green Bay game know if we could only put a whole 60 min together we would be very hard for teams to keep up with. Big shout out to this team you guys grow up very fast.