•  

Photo

Once is a fluke. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a trend.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5941 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Over the past three weeks, after Halftime our Defense has only allowed ONE scoring drive the rest of the game(a td drive vs Browns, a FG vs Titans, and a FG vs Dolphins). Credit goes to Manusky and his halftime adjustments, and credit the players for executing those adjustments.

Now we just have start playing the first halves like we do the 2nd halves and our defense would be fine.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 corgi

corgi
  • 2410 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

It seems as though we are a second half team. It also seems like opposing teams aren't making adjustments.

#3 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3471 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

That is verrrrrrry nice.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#4 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

It seems as though we are a second half team. It also seems like opposing teams aren't making adjustments.

other teams are making defense adjustments luck is just beating them.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#5 ericnan

ericnan
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

As our team grows, the leads will start coming sooner in the game. It is such a great time to be a fan, so many changes and things to see happening in front of us. We went from a veteran perennial playoff team to a young potential playoff team. Not too bad. This team is going to be great, and they are showing signs of it right now. MUCH earlier than most expected. Be patient Colts fans, we are winning with the hodgepodge pieces, just wait until we upgrade! :D

#6 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4251 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Or maybe it's because it's the Browns, Titans and Dolphins? Not really a trifecta of attacking powerhouses, is it?
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#7 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2127 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Or maybe it's because it's the Browns, Titans and Dolphins? Not really a trifecta of attacking powerhouses, is it?

I submit the Packers game as further evidence, Your Honor.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#8 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4251 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

I submit the Packers game as further evidence, Your Honor.

"All you did was weaken a country today, Kaffee....."

You may be onto something.....
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#9 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 15566 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Over the past three weeks, after Halftime our Defense has only allowed ONE scoring drive the rest of the game(a td drive vs Browns, a FG vs Titans, and a FG vs Dolphins). Credit goes to Manusky and his halftime adjustments, and credit the players for executing those adjustments.

Now we just have start playing the first halves like we do the 2nd halves and our defense would be fine.

hold off on that trend thing...we played some bad offenses...(we've blown some leads, too like Minnesota andJax

#10 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2127 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

hold off on that trend thing...we played some bad offenses...(we've blown some leads, too like Minnesota andJax

True.

Last year, tho, I didn't feel like the Colts had much chance unless they were up by 2 scores at halftime. This year, I feel like the team has a decent chance, even if they are down by a couple scores.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#11 Kevin Watts

Kevin Watts
  • Rookie
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Yes, definitely a nice season for the Colts after a scary off season, who would have thought we would be on a winning streak, mid way into the season and a playoff contender...

#12 JustAColtsFan

JustAColtsFan
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

As our team grows, the leads will start coming sooner in the game. It is such a great time to be a fan, so many changes and things to see happening in front of us. We went from a veteran perennial playoff team to a young potential playoff team. Not too bad. This team is going to be great, and they are showing signs of it right now. MUCH earlier than most expected. Be patient Colts fans, we are winning with the hodgepodge pieces, just wait until we upgrade! :D

I know this sounds crazy, but just like you get used to and fall in love with the scruffy old mutt, we will miss some of these players when they start replacing them with show dogs. They may not be the most talented bunch but they never QUIT!

:coltshorse:  He's Back, Lets Hunt - "CHUCKSTRONG"  :coltslogo: 

#13 achcolts

achcolts
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

man i love this franchise... anyone ever wonder if they were fans of diff teams?! i cant even...

#14 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9717 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well, I look at it like this. We haven't seen our FULL starting Defense together yet. So as far as the Turnovers being Slim & the Points being allowed in the 1st Half, that may change when we get Healthy

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#15 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5775 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

An adjustment on D is a well welcome sight. Honestly this D is probably the same as last season, maybe worse when Injury is factored. And this staff is willing to "change" up a bit...

Probably most important of all... A QB that continuously pumps out 10-13 play SCORING drives helps GREATLY>>>>

It's all about the QB in the end....
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#16 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5775 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well, I look at it like this. We haven't seen our FULL starting Defense together yet. So as far as the Turnovers being Slim & the Points being allowed in the 1st Half, that may change when we get Healthy

I would give anything to see this D come back healthy late in the season... This team could do some work if the chips fall favorably. And they have so far ...

Why not the Colts?
Aldous Huxley

#17 Bleedin Blue

Bleedin Blue
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'm sure good coaching comes into play in there also. It's any given Sunday in the NFL because even bad teams have the ability to beat you. It's preparation along with talent that keep teams winning all the time.

#18 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5775 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'm sure good coaching comes into play in there also. It's any given Sunday in the NFL because even bad teams have the ability to beat you. It's preparation along with talent that keep teams winning all the time.

Look out... if Indy can somehow keep winning....

Arians is a legit COTY candidate.

Simply Crazy..

But... when one has a QB anything is possible... just ask NO and Philly fan...
Aldous Huxley

#19 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5775 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Let me add... Arians may not be getting enough credit for simply getting this team up to play. They had one bad day.. @ Jets. Outside of that ... This team has brought it... from beginning, to after the half .. to finishing games off.

Really impressive on so many levels. It is not an easy thing to do...
Aldous Huxley

#20 ericnan

ericnan
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

man i love this franchise... anyone ever wonder if they were fans of diff teams?! i cant even...

There are other teams? I just thought there were "The Colts" and "whoever the Colts are playing"? I guess I didn't realize there were actually other teams with fans and stuff? LOL

#21 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7179 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

:hide:

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#22 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Give him credit, under the previous regime seems like hands were tied as far as halftime adjustments
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#23 Timberwolf

Timberwolf
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I used to be a fan of a diff team, but then the Mayflowers rolled into town.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand
ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

#24 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5941 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

forgot to update it but thats 4 weeks in a row that we held a team to ONE scoring drive in the 2nd half of games..if we hold the Patriots to one scoring drive in the 2nd half sunday then it really is a trend and Manusky is doing wonders with his halftime adjustments

#25 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8969 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

I used to be a fan of a diff team, but then the Mayflowers rolled into town.

the browns?

#26 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6722 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

forgot to update it but thats 4 weeks in a row that we held a team to ONE scoring drive in the 2nd half of games..if we hold the Patriots to one scoring drive in the 2nd half sunday then it really is a trend and Manusky is doing wonders with his halftime adjustments

If we hold the Pats to one scoring drive in the second half we'll be too busy ducking flying pigs to think about trends.

#27 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2006 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

I know this sounds crazy, but just like you get used to and fall in love with the scruffy old mutt, we will miss some of these players when they start replacing them with show dogs. They may not be the most talented bunch but they never QUIT!

This has crossed my mind also.
For whatever reason, this team reminds me of the '95 team.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#28 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2006 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

There are other teams? I just thought there were "The Colts" and "whoever the Colts are playing"? I guess I didn't realize there were actually other teams with fans and stuff? LOL

I live in Chicagoland.
Unfortunately, I can confirm there are other fans, and other teams :(
'Til there were forums, I didn't realize there were other Colts fans.
I thought I was going to die lonely.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#29 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3471 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Try being a Colt fan in Oregon, Buc. ;)

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#30 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

lol...my other favorite team is whoever plays the patriots so this is the perfect week for me

#31 Indyboy757

Indyboy757
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Yes its clear we are a 2nd half team which to me shows not only how well we respond to what the coaches say and see but just how good our coaching staff is as a whole. In the beginning of the season we were a first half team, I like the change from first half to the second, it all starting in the Green Bay game know if we could only put a whole 60 min together we would be very hard for teams to keep up with. Big shout out to this team you guys grow up very fast.

COLTS TICKETS!

3-Game Ticket Packages Available

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Jul
    Coltman51

The suspence is killing me, how will Reggie arrive at camp this year.

Show comments (8)
View All Updates