Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MJD Out Thursday Night [Merge]

tfunky14

Colts should definitely win.

But this could be our trap game.

Are you kidding!! We arn't good enough to have a true "Trap Game". For our group of young guys every game is a "TRAP GAME" That's what makes this season so exciting. I feel like I'm having a heart attack every week!!!

:coltslogo: GO COLTS!! :coltsfb: Bring on the Nitro!!

That breaks my heart.......now who are we going to have? Chappell said today that 6 went down yesterday....Justice, Mathis, Satele, Avery, and I guess Powers with a toe? Who was the 6th that I am forgetting...or is that correct?

Chappell said on the Herd that with the short week...all six would more than likely NOT play. If anyone knows the actual 6...my Powers was a guess, and Donald Brown was my 6th with the swollen knee.....thanks. :)

An actual colts forum where people are active on it, thank you! I hope colts can start off like they did the last game against Jags, but try not to finish it the exact same way. I still can't believe that game ended that way...

Welcome aboard! Plenty of good discussions here. (Some not so good, but still fun)

Maurice Jones Drew has stated a bunch of times he was ticked that the Colts passed him up in the 06 draft and then picked J.Addai over him and and then later stated after the Colts won the SB he lost out on a chance for that Super Bowl win and would make the Colts really pay now every time they played against them, so when he was holding out and people discussed the Colts should try to get him and besides the same conference let alone what he said over the years I knew it wouldn't happen, He 1st showed his anger against the Colts on December 10, 2006, Jones-Drew set a franchise record with 166 rushing yards and 303 All-Purpose Yards, which included a 93-yard kickoff return for touchdown. And he really kick Colts butt 1st game this year with 177 rushing yards. If the Colts took a chance on him in 06 and the way he does play I could have seen the Colts be in at least 3 SB or more and win all of them with him over J.Addai, but that of course is a guess, but would have been interesting to say the least ;}

Are you kidding!! We arn't good enough to have a true "Trap Game". For our group of young guys every game is a "TRAP GAME" That's what makes this season so exciting. I feel like I'm having a heart attack every week!!!

:coltslogo: GO COLTS!! :coltsfb: Bring on the Nitro!!

No, I am not kidding. Most of the people believe that we are a lot better than the Jags, so if we do lose, that is 2 losses to lowly Jacksonville.

I consider this game to be a trap game because we are much more talented, especially with MJD out this week.

That breaks my heart.......now who are we going to have? Chappell said today that 6 went down yesterday....Justice, Mathis, Satele, Avery, and I guess Powers with a toe? Who was the 6th that I am forgetting...or is that correct?

Chappell said on the Herd that with the short week...all six would more than likely NOT play. If anyone knows the actual 6...my Powers was a guess, and Donald Brown was my 6th with the swollen knee.....thanks. :)

I did not see any responses to my question....Mike Chappell of the Star provided this.....all players are day to day and there is a good chance NONE will play witht the short turn-around:

"Rookie tight end Coby Fleener (shoulder) and cornerback Vontae Davis (knee) already have been ruled out. Six players were unable to finish the Miami game: running back Donald Brown (knee), linebacker Robert Mathis (back), cornerback Jerraud Powers (toe), center Samson Satele (back), wide receiver Donnie Avery (hip) and right tackle Winston Justice (knee)."

I see people talking about Jacksonville as a TRAP game. Every game is to be prepared for as a TRAP game.....this team was picked by some to go 0-16.....1-15, 2-14........I predicted 6-10.

Each game needs preparation, practice.....and then the game....there is ZERO looking ahead for this young team. Please lets quit talking playoffs, and look at the next game: Thursday night at 820 EST. ONE game at a time.... GO :shoe: :helmet: :throwback: :coltshelmet::coltslogo::coltshorse::coltsfb::colts:

Fleener is the 6th I think we lost vs. Miami, and Brown is unfortunately also out.

Edit:

Sorry, so Brown was 6th down...

Docs are setting up our starting lines...

I've stated it many times: IMO there is no "winnable" or "must-win" games for Colts yet. This is a rookie team with thin depth!

Still hoping for a win, but it isn't such obvious.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

Maurice Jones Drew has stated a bunch of times he was ticked that the Colts passed him up in the 06 draft and then picked J.Addai over him and and then later stated after the Colts won the SB he lost out on a chance for that Super Bowl win and would make the Colts really pay now every time they played against them, so when he was holding out and people discussed the Colts should try to get him and besides the same conference let alone what he said over the years I knew it wouldn't happen, He 1st showed his anger against the Colts on December 10, 2006, Jones-Drew set a franchise record with 166 rushing yards and 303 All-Purpose Yards, which included a 93-yard kickoff return for touchdown. And he really kick Colts butt 1st game this year with 177 rushing yards. If the Colts took a chance on him in 06 and the way he does play I could have seen the Colts be in at least 3 SB or more and win all of them with him over J.Addai, but that of course is a guess, but would have been interesting to say the least ;}

Man.....just think if Na'Polian would've picked pocket Hercules instead of Addai.

Even with MJD out Jennings is a pretty good back. Now with a lot of starters possibly out once again it could be bad. Possibly 2 starting corners not playing could be really bad. Good thing the Jags pass game is horrible.

It only takes one 80 yard fluke to lose a game and be 5-3 instead of 6-2...:( JUST SAY NO TO PREVENT DEFENSE!

My stomach still hurts...... :barf:

Vaughn and who are our corners? This is what makes me nervous.

Meh we will be handicapped at Corner and have been all year, The Jags will be handicapped (to this point at least) at QB and they have been for years, come to think about it so have we at Corner, the first side to figure out how to do there job wins :funny: