Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MTC

Stanford Routt waived [Merge]

56 posts in this topic

IND_The Catch_728x90

He has been cut by the Raiders and the Chiefs after a season (or less). Anything more to say about him?

He has been cut by the Raiders and the Chiefs after a season (or less). Anything more to say about him?

Try this one:

He has more takeaways this season than our entire team.

other then he could come in and be our automatic #2 nope

he loves to play a lot of press man coverage as he did in Oakland he can play, problem with him was he was the most penalized CB in the league last year. Its an upgrade over Vaughn and Butler though

Try this one:

He has more takeaways this season than our entire team.

that can be misleading...like the two picks tim jennings had gift wrapped for him last vs the panthers

Yeah but if that was any of our current cornerbacks they would have dropped both of those "gift wrapped" ints.

The Chiefs dumped him for his big contract and mediocre performances.

He's still a solid corner, who would be a good pickup for the Colts, especially considering Vontae Davis an Jerraud Powers are injured and Cassius Vaughn is terrible.

I would like this signing.

99% sure the Patriots get him.

He isn't a TE.

Patriots

Dolphins

Lions

Jets

Saints (they haven't recovered from losing Porter)

is what I am thinkin is in the running

Colts still get the first shot on waived players?

I say bring him in we need bodies and dude can run, i remember him making a real impact in Oakland last year. I don't watch many Raider games but this seems like a no brainer.

No, we don't get first shot on waived players at this point. Waivers are based on record now.

From Paul Kuharsky on ESPN (he covers the AFC South):

#Colts and Routt, not interested. Note, He was cut by bad team. Indy's been making all the right moves. Why doubt this one?

From Paul Kuharsky on ESPN (he covers the AFC South):

I suspect Kuharsky is right and we're simply not interested.....

But, one last thought.....

I mean, the guy's first name IS Stanford!! Haven't we been pretty Lucky dipping into that well recently?

I'm just sayin! :thmup:

Oh hail, bring 'em all in! What can it hurt?

Just noting, he cleared waivers. He's now cheap.

I wonder if Grigs is considering him.