•  

Photo

Coach's Leukkemia in Remission!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

http://www.wthr.com/...ia-in-remission
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13237 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

no quotes..no names......2nd round of chemo....hard core..

...cancer doesnt lose often........ I just wish he would stop worrying about football (sounds like he is) and other stuff and take care of himself...

That's the hardest thing to get cancer patients to do..sometimes...

#3 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

no quotes..no names......2nd round of chemo....hard core..

...cancer doesnt lose often........ I just wish he would stop worrying about football (sounds like he is) and other stuff and take care of himself...

That's the hardest thing to get cancer patients to do..sometimes...

They say in the story his doctors...not a name like John Smith but they are telling you who the information is coming from.

https://twitter.com/NicolePence

There are your quotes and names from a WTHR (the station the sent out the story) reporter.

Odds are in the race to be first they put up a quick article and will go back and add quotes and names.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#4 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2608 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

A patients outlook can be as important as treatment. Pagano has this thing beat already, he said as much, and treatment so far shows likewise. I have the feeling they caught it early enough. This thing can be beat with early diagnosis, aggressive treatment in early stages, and positive patient attitude and outlook. Pagano is a strong man, and he has a strong support network, including us!

As long as the path to finishing the defeat of this remains on course, I support anything Pagano and his doctors allow him to do. And I hope it is a lot, and so much earlier than folks thought. Chuckstrong!

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#5 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Well that does sound encouraging that his cancer is in remission.

The problem is it can come back in that 5 year range of remission.

He seems like a very strong willed man and I know he can beat it.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#6 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Well that does sound encouraging that his cancer is in remission.

The problem is it can come back in that 5 year range of remission.

He seems like a very strong willed man and I know he can beat it.

Yep not out of the woods yet but very good news none the less.

#7 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Yep not out of the woods yet but very good news none the less.

Exactly, but that man gives great speeches, the one yesterday after the game gave me a lump in my throat.

Great coach and a great human being.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#8 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Rackstraw was just on WFAN in Indianapolis saying he was at the Colts complex today and B.A. said the goal is that Pagano is back for the season's last game against the Texans...

If that happens I wouldn't want to be the Texans there is going to be an emotional steam roller wearing blue that day.

#9 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1304 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

As someone who has dealt with cancer in his family for a few years, it is indeed great news to hear that it's in remission.

#10 Shafty138

Shafty138
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

From a cancer survivor to another, that is awesome news! Keep it rolling and get back to before and even healthier Coach P!

#11 TMPHBITEU

TMPHBITEU
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Wanted to post this here as well: http://profootballta...s-in-remission/

The article in itself isn't really news. I got seriously angry by the fact that some people actually clicked the "dislike"-button on some of the statements, such as:
"Good for him! I wish him the best." - 27 dislikes.
"Keep fighting Coach! All the best to you and yours." - 22 dislikes.

What the heck is wrong with some people?
He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

#12 JlynRN

JlynRN
  • 2276 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Woohooo that's Great news !!! I know Coach is a fighter and is fighting every step of the way !!! I loved his post-game speech he gave yesterday, brought tears to my eyes

#13 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1812 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'm glad to hear that Coach is in remission, and everything is going well for his recovery. Chemo is very hard on the body, and it takes time to get back the strength and stamina needed to be normal again. You could tell he was weak from the treatment in the video, but he looked great considering the effects of the chemo. Its going to take a while to get back the strength and weight back. While we want him back as soon as possible, I hope he doesn't overdo it by coming back too early. Only he and his doctors can determine that. I'm just glad that he's doing great...and his speech left me in tears...

Keep strong Coach!!!

The man no one corner can stop...

#14 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

great news
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#15 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

http://www.wthr.com/...ia-in-remission

guess i somehow missed it yesterday, thanks for pointing it out
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#16 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

guess i somehow missed it yesterday, thanks for pointing it out

no biggie. It's great news that's what counts!

#17 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

no biggie. It's great news that's what counts!

hope its not elsewhere or missed in this thread& I double posted again like my last one

Once Again At Colts Complex, Could Return To Coaching December 30th

During his Monday press conference, interim coach Bruce Arians said:
Our goal is to have him back on the sidelines by December 30th.
The Colts December 30th game is against the Texans. It is the final game of the 2012 regular season.

http://www.stampedeb...urn-to-coaching
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates