Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver's Tracy Porter and DJ Williams

oldunclemark

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong but Williams has one more game to sit out...??

and Tracy Porter may come back at any time or he could be out all season...

can someone explain his problem with seizures?

You are correct, sir. Just one more game til DJ comes back. He is not getting his starting Will job back though. Woodyard has played too well.

I cannot explain Porter's seizure problem. They are not going to play him until they are completely confident that it's safe. And the team hasn't missed him.

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong but Williams has one more game to sit out...??

and Tracy Porter may come back at any time or he could be out all season...

can someone explain his problem with seizures?

You are correct, sir. Just one more game til DJ comes back. He is not getting his starting Will job back though. Woodyard has played too well.

I cannot explain Porter's seizure problem. They are not going to play him until they are completely confident that it's safe. And the team hasn't missed him.

right on williams, may not start though but great for depth, will have to see whjere fits over time & Babs right Wesley playing great

Port it was announced last week is now on preventative med for seizures but they dont really know the seizure cause and are many , many meds pending the cause so is watched quite cloely

May have already lost job though but again great depth, was great 1st game then lost quite a few receivers who knows may have been related to the light headiness hes been getting so was mi locating receivers - this line was in an article read earlier today, cant find simply said u can lose a job if injured and the way Harris & Carter have played Fox may not want to change it, on the other hand Porter beat them out in preseason to start, so maybe given time will again. Article said if healthy Fox will ususally find ways to get a player some reps and then help evaluate from there onward

right on williams, may not start though but great for depth, will have to see whjere fits over time & Babs right Wesley playing great

Port it was announced last week is now on preventative med for seizures but they dont really know the seizure cause and are many , many meds pending the cause so is watched quite cloely

May have already lost job though but again great depth, was great 1st game then lost quite a few receivers who knows may have been related to the light headiness hes been getting so was mi locating receivers - this line was in an article read earlier today, cant find simply said u can lose a job if injured and the way Harris & Carter have played Fox may not want to change it, on the other hand Porter beat them out in preseason to start, so maybe given time will again. Article said if healthy Fox will ususally find ways to get a player some reps and then help evaluate from there onward

Yeah, Barry, I think you are right. Porter probably lost his job to Harris & Carter. The coaching staff were not happy with Porter before his illness anyway. It's early still but Harris and Carter who are not not even making half of what Porter does combined this year will probably take over. I'm not expecting Porter back next season.

Yeah, Barry, I think you are right. Porter probably lost his job to Harris & Carter. The coaching staff were not happy with Porter before his illness anyway. It's early still but Harris and Carter who are not not even making half of what Porter does combined this year will probably take over. I'm not expecting Porter back next season.

I agree...about Porter being out for the season..Cant bring him back if you cant know what's wrong

'

I have been surprised by the speed of the Denver secondary...and Porter is a habitual gambler....maybe its best

I wish him well, though....it sounds like he may have to retire

I think the Broncos secondary is actually playing better without Porter taking chances. That is the thing with Porter, he needs good ball hawking safety play that the Saints had with Darren Sharper for him to take those chances. If he does not have those, like the last season with the Saints and current season with the Broncos, he becomes a liability, IMO.

I'd say bring him back for the Chiefs game after the Chargers game at home and see how he does first. Same with D.J.Williams. Mistakes vs the Chiefs can definitely be overcome.

I think the Broncos secondary is actually playing better without Porter taking chances. That is the thing with Porter, he needs good ball hawking safety play that the Saints had with Darren Sharper for him to take those chances. If he does not have those, like the last season with the Saints and current season with the Broncos, he becomes a liability, IMO.

I'd say bring him back for the Chiefs game after the Chargers game at home and see how he does first. Same with D.J.Williams. Mistakes vs the Chiefs can definitely be overcome.

DJ will come back immediately part time....but you may be missing the point about Porter..he may be done..this season.,.career...

cant play a guy when you dont know what's wrong

DJ will come back immediately part time....but you may be missing the point about Porter..he may be done..this season.,.career...

cant play a guy when you dont know what's wrong

quite true, hoping Porter gets an OK eventually and is there for depth for playoff run, right now would not alter way DB's are playing as a unit even if healthy

from Broncos.com Thursday.....Nob 15

WILLIAMS RETURNS TO PRACTICE

Linebacker D.J. Williamsicon-article-link.gif returned to the team on Monday after serving a nine-game suspension.

Wednesday marked another milestone, as Williams returned to the practice field.

“He’s a pro," Fox said. "He’s been playing football for a while. He was playing at a very high level a year ago. I haven’t really seen him since training camp as far as on the practice field running around with his teammates on our defense. I thought today was an excellent first day.”

Defensive tackle Justin Bannanicon-article-link.gif said that whenever Williams' number is called in a game, he has no doubt the ninth-year pro will be ready.

“D.J. is a great talent," Bannan said. "I played with him in 2010. That guy showed up every Sunday and played extremely hard every Sunday. He gives it all he has on Sundays. I know him pretty well. He is a good friend of mine and I know he’ll show up and he is ready to go.”

from Broncos.com Thursday.....Nob 15

WILLIAMS RETURNS TO PRACTICE

Linebacker D.J. Williams returned to the team on Monday after serving a nine-game suspension.

Wednesday marked another milestone, as Williams returned to the practice field.

“He’s a pro," Fox said. "He’s been playing football for a while. He was playing at a very high level a year ago. I haven’t really seen him since training camp as far as on the practice field running around with his teammates on our defense. I thought today was an excellent first day.”

Defensive tackle Justin Bannanicon-article-link.gif said that whenever Williams' number is called in a game, he has no doubt the ninth-year pro will be ready.

“D.J. is a great talent," Bannan said. "I played with him in 2010. That guy showed up every Sunday and played extremely hard every Sunday. He gives it all he has on Sundays. I know him pretty well. He is a good friend of mine and I know he’ll show up and he is ready to go.”

He will be eased in , practice is 1 thing , game speed another, but great immediate depth

He will be eased in , practice is 1 thing , game speed another, but great immediate depth

You may be underestimating him...he wasn't injured ...he's been in denver..(an altitude consideration) all season and he has something to prove.

I'd sub him in as fast as I could..cant sit someone whose been staring./..but you need subs at LB..especially against young man RIvers

You may be underestimating him...he wasn't injured ...he's been in denver..(an altitude consideration) all season and he has something to prove.

I'd sub him in as fast as I could..cant sit someone whose been staring./..but you need subs at LB..especially against young man RIvers

sub yes quit possibly, just not start, he says he has stayed in shape but needs bit more work , sorry no link, but that was before 1st practice and just before 1st allowed to work out in Denver

===========================

Williams figures to spend the first week or two getting back in game shape

"There will be some rust, but football is a great sport to come back to, because when in doubt, just hit somebody," Williams said. "I would like to jump out there Day One, but you've got to earn the respect of your teammates and earn your spot back. I'll just be patient and wait."

During his six-week suspension, Williams worked out at the University of Miami, his alma mater. He was able to return to the Broncos' facility for conditioning and meetings during his three-week suspension.

Read more:Linebacker D.J. Williams returns to Denver Broncos - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2CJuCsFBT

He was in Miami during his suspension, but yeah, I hear he was working hard to stay in shape. I hope to see him play at least some this weekend.

He was in Miami during his suspension, but yeah, I hear he was working hard to stay in shape. I hope to see him play at least some this weekend.

his first 6 week suspension he was in Miami yes, the 2nd 3 week one he was allowed back to Denver

Its a small point...but the altitude in Denver...means to me that to be in shape for Bronco home games...you have to work out in Colorado...

I think he'll be needed..we're planning on playing into January and DJ is fresh....and not coming off an injury

Now that I'm over DJ's antics for the moment, I'm actually pretty psyched to have him back. As you say, he is a good player. If he can play Mike, we are golden.

Its a small point...but the altitude in Denver...means to me that to be in shape for Bronco home games...you have to work out in Colorado...

I think he'll be needed..we're planning on playing into January and DJ is fresh....and not coming off an injury

'

I would assume it help's as Oxygen level, lower so some getting used to even if not working out required for stamina especially