Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The road to 9-7

oldunclemark

Andrew Luck is from Houston. So there may be a little more fire in his play when the Colts and Texans meet. COLTS vs. STEELERS (Wildcard Game)

Luck may have played his High School years in Houston, but I don't know that he has any other real attachment to the area. If it was important to him, he could've gone to school at Rice... a very good academic school there in his backyard.

More to the point, he spent his growing up years in Europe... that's when his father was the commissioner of NFL Europe. I think the kid see's himself as someone who can fit in anywhere. He had 4-years in Palo Alto after Houston.

Bottom line: I wouldn't read too much motivation to do well into our game in Houston.... he's got all the motivation he needs.... a shot at the playoffs.... :thmup:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts?

@ Jaguars - WIN, 27-17....Not as close as score says. We start slow but separate, especially second half.

@ Patriots - LOSS, 35-23...Brady moves on us at will, we have problems getting TD's in redzone in their house.

Vs. Bills - WIN, 20-17....12th man helps us in crunch time.

@ Lions - LOSS, 31-24....Stafford and Megatron explode, their 12th man and front 7 give some us issues.

Vs. Titans - WIN, 23-13...Agree, keep CJ under 100yrds. Keep their passes underneath and make them make mistakes.

@ Texans - LOSS, 38-17....They show dominance vs. our D in their house. :(

@ Chiefs - LOSS, 21-20....We can't overcome their 12th man in a nasty environment and they squeak it out (please be wrong!!)

Vs. Texans - WIN, 27-24.... We have a plan to attack their D, and they rest big names before first half ends.

\We end up 9 - 7, and slide into the playoffs. Luck gets great playoff intensity exposure, prepares him for the near future. :)

I agree, with one exception; The KC Chiefs. I believe we will pull that one out.

Luck may have played his High School years in Houston, but I don't know that he has any other real attachment to the area. If it was important to him, he could've gone to school at Rice... a very good academic school there in his backyard.

More to the point, he spent his growing up years in Europe... that's when his father was the commissioner of NFL Europe. I think the kid see's himself as someone who can fit in anywhere. He had 4-years in Palo Alto after Houston.

Bottom line: I wouldn't read too much motivation to do well into our game in Houston.... he's got all the motivation he needs.... a shot at the playoffs.... :thmup:

1.) Thanks for that thorough background of Mr. Luck? Point is...(since you missed it) EVERYONE wants to play ("with a little more fire") better when his hometown crowd (which Houston is where he played HS Football...HS Buddies/coaches etc. will be in the audience.

2.) "but I don't know that he has any other real attachment to the area" So where is your point?

3.) WFT RICE hahahaha is not STANFORD...ie...rice < North Texas < UTEP < SMU < HOUSTON < TCU < TTECH < BAYLOR < TEXAS < TAM < STANFORD. For example: Say Andrew Luck is from Indy. The reason that he didn't play for Butler (A very good academic school) is because he has no attachment to indy...that is why he chose to play for Notre Dame????? What are you thinking. I am removing your fan card. And you sir are on COLT probation.

1.) Thanks for that thorough background of Mr. Luck? Point is...(since you missed it) EVERYONE wants to play ("with a little more fire") better when his hometown crowd (which Houston is where he played HS Football...HS Buddies/coaches etc. will be in the audience.

2.) "but I don't know that he has any other real attachment to the area" So where is your point?

3.) WFT RICE hahahaha is not STANFORD...ie...rice < North Texas < UTEP < SMU < HOUSTON < TCU < TTECH < BAYLOR < TEXAS < TAM < STANFORD. For example: Say Andrew Luck is from Indy. The reason that he didn't play for Butler (A very good academic school) is because he has no attachment to indy...that is why he chose to play for Notre Dame????? What are you thinking. I am removing your fan card. And you sir are on COLT probation.

Really??

Ironic that your handle around here is 'False Start' because you, my friend, just committed one.

Interesting that I checked and while you haven't made many posts (25 as of my response here) you've been a member of the website since last November. I joined this May. Perhaps you haven't spent much time on the website. But people here know me as a new colts fan and that I'm here because I'm a longtime Stanford fan and saw every game and every pass that Luck threw in his time at Stanford. There's likely no one here that knows more about him than I do. No one.

So, as a fan of Stanford for 40 years, you don't have to explain to me what Stanford is and where it ranked in the academic food chain. I know that far, far better than you.

And no, I didn't miss the point. I was politely trying to convey to he original poster that I think he over-thought the idea of Luck playing in Houston as being much of a big deal to him. I don't think it is. I'm sure he's got friends there, and maybe even some family (though I don't think so) but that's not going to be much of a reason why he wants to do well. It might be if we were struggling along and only had 3-4 wins.

But we're not.

We're trying to make the playoffs. If we win down there, it's big because of the playoff implications, not because he did well in front of friends. If we lose, it's big because of playoffs, not because he let down and or disappointed some friends.

Get a clue.

You don't like or agree with my opinion? Fine, you wouldn't be alone here. I don't much care. 24 posts for you in the span of a year. And something bothered you enough to take a shot at me with post #25. Sorry, but I don't feel wounded or embarrassed by your comments.

Because if anyone missed the point here, it's you my friend. :slaphead: :facepalm:

But, thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you on your way out..... Don't let the Internet door hit you as you leave. Bye! :highfive2:

Really??

Ironic that your handle around here is 'False Start' because you, my friend, just committed one.

Interesting that I checked and while you haven't made many posts (25 as of my response here) you've been a member of the website since last November. I joined this May. Perhaps you haven't spent much time on the website. But people here know me as a new colts fan and that I'm here because I'm a longtime Stanford fan and saw every game and every pass that Luck threw in his time at Stanford. There's likely no one here that knows more about him than I do. No one.

So, as a fan of Stanford for 40 years, you don't have to explain to me what Stanford is and where it ranked in the academic food chain. I know that far, far better than you.

And no, I didn't miss the point. I was politely trying to convey to he original poster that I think he over-thought the idea of Luck playing in Houston as being much of a big deal to him. I don't think it is. I'm sure he's got friends there, and maybe even some family (though I don't think so) but that's not going to be much of a reason why he wants to do well. It might be if we were struggling along and only had 3-4 wins.

But we're not.

We're trying to make the playoffs. If we win down there, it's big because of the playoff implications, not because he did well in front of friends. If we lose, it's big because of playoffs, not because he let down and or disappointed some friends.

Get a clue.

You don't like or agree with my opinion? Fine, you wouldn't be alone here. I don't much care. 24 posts for you in the span of a year. And something bothered you enough to take a shot at me with post #25. Sorry, but I don't feel wounded or embarrassed by your comments.

Because if anyone missed the point here, it's you my friend. :slaphead: :facepalm:

But, thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you on your way out..... Don't let the Internet door hit you as you leave. Bye! :highfive2:

You sound like you are arguing quietly in your own subjective senior citizen head. I could care less about Stanford...or any history of Stanford as it pertains to professional football. (Go Irish!) Let me stress that again...Stanford doesn't matter here. AND "Thanks for playing" Interesting... Curious, what professional football team were you an OLD fan of before Mr. Luck was drafted? Raiders? 49ers? Curses... Dare I say that the soap box that you are standing on is shaking. All joking aside... 9-7 would be a wonderful achievement. 10-6 and the right to play Denver in the wildcard...oh boy. Take care NEWCOLTSFAN. Once you go Blue, you never go back.

You sound like you are arguing quietly in your own subjective senior citizen head. I could care less about Stanford...or any history of Stanford as it pertains to professional football. (Go Irish!) Let me stress that again...Stanford doesn't matter here. AND "Thanks for playing" Interesting... Curious, what professional football team were you an OLD fan of before Mr. Luck was drafted? Raiders? 49ers? Curses... Dare I say that the soap box that you are standing on is shaking. All joking aside... 9-7 would be a wonderful achievement. 10-6 and the right to play Denver in the wildcard...oh boy. Take care NEWCOLTSFAN. Once you go Blue, you never go back.

Nice that you decided to double-down on being wrong.

My point for bringing up Stanford is that you were trying to explain the virtues of Stanford to me. I was simply trying to convey to you that wasn't necessary. And, as a Luck admirer, I know more about him that you seem to realize.

As a 30-year member of the media I was not a fan of any team. It's easier to do my job and be neutral and objective.

I like good, well run organizations. I liked the Colts from a distance. And when they changed the front office, I still liked them.

So.... I like the Colts... I know Andrew Luck very well.... and I know all about Stanford.

Hopefully that clarifies things for you.

9-7 would be a sensational achievement. And it looks like we're going to do it. Not a slam dunk, but it looks likely. And even 10-6 is possible if the Texans show up on the last week of the regular season with nothing to play for. I like our chances then too, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Oh.... one last thought.... I'm older than you. I'm probably much older than you. Your reference to me as a senior citizen was a dead giveaway.... but while I'm old enough to be your father, I'm not yet a senior citizen. And I feel much younger than my age. Here's a heads-up.... the years go fast.... you'll make lots of mistakes.... learn from them... you'll be a better person for it when you reach my wipe old age of 55... :thmup:

Nice that you decided to double-down on being wrong.

My point for bringing up Stanford is that you were trying to explain the virtues of Stanford to me. I was simply trying to convey to you that wasn't necessary. And, as a Luck admirer, I know more about him that you seem to realize.

As a 30-year member of the media I was not a fan of any team. It's easier to do my job and be neutral and objective.

I like good, well run organizations. I liked the Colts from a distance. And when they changed the front office, I still liked them.

So.... I like the Colts... I know Andrew Luck very well.... and I know all about Stanford.

Hopefully that clarifies things for you.

9-7 would be a sensational achievement. And it looks like we're going to do it. Not a slam dunk, but it looks likely. And even 10-6 is possible if the Texans show up on the last week of the regular season with nothing to play for. I like our chances then too, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Oh.... one last thought.... I'm older than you. I'm probably much older than you. Your reference to me as a senior citizen was a dead giveaway.... but while I'm old enough to be your father, I'm not yet a senior citizen. And I feel much younger than my age. Here's a heads-up.... the years go fast.... you'll make lots of mistakes.... learn from them... you'll be a better person for it when you reach my wipe old age of 55... :thmup:

Dad, what the heck were you doing at age 15? Laughing... Take Care.