Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The road to 9-7

oldunclemark

lets be honest..at this moment of high spirits

...we have 3 losses coming....we will lose to Houston twice and at New England

If Houston loses to the Bears next Sunday...they wont be resting anybody down the stretch...in the final 3 games

..and that run game is just a terrible matchup for the Colts....

.....and we cant defend Shady Tom Brady.....they'll outscore us.

BUT....with a must win over JAX...we have a 3-game stretch against Buffalo, at Detroit and Tennessee

The Detroit game is the biggest worry...an explosive team..dominant receiver...roughhouse defense

I dont know if we can pas protect...

Tennessee seemed broken yesterday against the Bears and Buffalo has been smoked ham all season...

That leaves the road game in Kansas City as the final step to 9-7.

They havent quit yet...but 1-13 could make them quit by the time we get there...

If we're 9-7...are we in the playoffs?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing is a given in the NFL. To me, 9-7 is being a little pessimistic. :)

Really? Wow.....To me..9-7 with 5 road games left is optimisitic...

We do not match up with Houston on either side of the ball.......lets not kid ourselves..

the chance to steal one would be Detroit..where they can beat themselves...

..the question still stands..are we in at 9-7? what do you think? Do we need 10-6

I agree with what Tark the Shark said. I hate "Let's Be Honest" thinking. It's for people who are allergic to winning!

Not at all.....Just asking for the games you think we'll win...not whether we have any chance on earth.

wins and losses..no maybes....what do you think? Dont do extremes (extremes are I WOULDNT SAY WE HAVE NO CHANCE)

Obviously...

But can/will we get to 10-6 in your mind.? Do we need to.to make the playoffs

We do not match up with Houston on either side of the ball.......lets not kid ourselves..

..the question still stands..are we in at 9-7? what do you think? Do we need 10-6

We didn't match up with Green Bay on either side of the ball either and yet we still beat them. I do agree with you though, but I don't think Houston will win when they come here they never play good football in Indy.

Nobody would have thought we'd beat Green Bay. We could steal the Pats game since we have a longer week. I don't think we will but anything is possible. Houston couldn't even sweep us last year, and I honestly think we win that last one at home, especially if the playoffs are on the line. Detroit doesn't scare me at all. Just throw at Jacob Lacey's man and you move right down the field.

At the beginning of the season I just wanted to see improvement - nothing specific - just improvement. Now I want it ALL! But if it is not meant to be I will still be sitting here with a stupid grin of my face because I know this only the BIGINNING!!! How could we be so lucky as to end up with another Great QB, Coach and General Manager combianation like we had when Manning, Dungy and yes even Polian were at their zenith.

We didn't match up with Green Bay on either side of the ball either and yet we still beat them. I do agree with you though, but I don't think Houston will win when they come here they never play good football in Indy.

...True (about the Pack) but Jax didnt match up with us but they beat us....

..again..the question....do we need 10-6 to get in...?

Nobody would have thought we'd beat Green Bay. We could steal the Pats game since we have a longer week. I don't think we will but anything is possible. Houston couldn't even sweep us last year, and I honestly think we win that last one at home, especially if the playoffs are on the line. Detroit doesn't scare me at all. Just throw at Jacob Lacey's man and you move right down the field.

I know nobody thought we'd beat GB..I know anything is possible..I know everyone throws at Jacob....

..but do we need 10-6 and what's the path....how do you see us getting 10 wins?...are you as sure as I am about Buffalo being lunch meat?

Do you worry than KC will come out of their coma just in time to eliminate us ?

Jax beat us on a blown coverage that I don't think will happen Thursday. I think 10-6 will get us in for sure, but 9-7 we would need some help to get in IMO. I see us losing to NE and at Houston I am also a little worried that Detroit will also be looking for a spot. IMO I could see us sitting at 11-5, but we have to only lose at NE and at Houston in order of that to happen.

lets be honest..at this moment of high spirits

...we have 3 losses coming....we will lose to Houston twice and at New England

If Houston loses to the Bears next Sunday...they wont be resting anybody down the stretch...in the final 3 games

..and that run game is just a terrible matchup for the Colts....

.....and we cant defend Shady Tom Brady.....they'll outscore us.

BUT....with a must win over JAX...we have a 3-game stretch against Buffalo, at Detroit and Tennessee

The Detroit game is the biggest worry...an explosive team..dominant receiver...roughhouse defense

I dont know if we can pas protect...

Tennessee seemed broken yesterday against the Bears and Buffalo has been smoked ham all season...

That leaves the road game in Kansas City as the final step to 9-7.

They havent quit yet...but 1-13 could make them quit by the time we get there...

If we're 9-7...are we in the playoffs?

the new england game will epend on whether mathis and freeney get pressure on brady I could see us winning that I also see us beating the texans at home 10-6 is my current prediction unless we lose to the jags then it could be 9-7

The road to 9-7 is now just win the game four games left on their schedule that they should. At Jacksonville at, KC, at home vs. the Bills and vs. the Titans. If the Colts win those four games which they should they will be at worst 9-7. If they lose any of those games that means they need to steal a game against a team they shouldn't beat either at the Pats at, at the Lions, at the Texans, or vs. the Texans at home. That's not impossible they have already done that once this season when they lost a game at home to a team they shouldn't have lost to in the Jags and came back and beat a team they shouldn't have in the Packers. The playoffs are defiantly there for the taking for the Colts if they take care of business.

Jax beat us on a blown coverage that I don't think will happen Thursday. I think 10-6 will get us in for sure, but 9-7 we would need some help to get in IMO. I see us losing to NE and at Houston I am also a little worried that Detroit will also be looking for a spot. IMO I could see us sitting at 11-5, but we have to only lose at NE and at Houston in order of that to happen.

we're in at 11-5....no doubt....with us beating Miami (4-4) and Cincy already at 5 losses..SD will lose once more and Tennessee..is southern fried toast

I hope you're right.

We can lose outside the conference (Det) but we have to beat Buffalo, KC, Jax and Tenn ....That's the yellow brick road

The road to 9-7 is now just win the game four games left on their schedule that they should. At Jacksonville at, KC, at home vs. the Bills and vs. the Titans. If the Colts win those four games which they should they will be at worst 9-7. If they lose any of those games that means they need to steal a game against a team they shouldn't beat either at the Pats at, at the Lions, at the Texans, or vs. the Texans at home. That's not impossible they have already done that once this season when they lost a game at home to a team they shouldn't have lost to in the Jags and came back and beat a team they shouldn't have in the Packers. The playoffs are defiantly there for the taking for the Colts if they take care of business.

You da man, GoC.... :thmup:

Is just the playoffs the goal? I think 9 -7 will likely get in. But no 8 - 8 team has ever won a Superbowl, and a 9-7 team is amongst the worst (Eli's 9-7 Giants beating 18-0 Patriots for 1 comes to mind) to win a Superbowl. Then again, we had the worst running D ever and still won in 2006... Hmmm....

Not at all.....Just asking for the games you think we'll win...not whether we have any chance on earth.

wins and losses..no maybes....what do you think? Dont do extremes (extremes are I WOULDNT SAY WE HAVE NO CHANCE)

Obviously...

But can/will we get to 10-6 in your mind.? Do we need to.to make the playoffs

I think we can make the playoffs at 9-7, but I think we have a better team than 9-7. I think we are better than 10-6 because it's my personal opinion that we can take 1 if not two out of that Patriots, Texans series. I don't think I'm being overly optimistic for thinking that way for these reasons. I think we can give the Patriots and Texans secondaries a lot of trouble in the passing game. I think the Dolphins were the stoutest run defense we will see all year, so I think we will have access to the running game in both match ups to give us further leverage.

Defensively speaking, as long as we don't have any major injuries along the defensive line or line backing corps I think we'll do an okay job at run defense. I'm looking for the run defense as a whole to improve over the next few games. Especially since Chapman will be added to the lineup very soon. A healthy Mathis and Freeney will help us keep some heat on Brady and Schaub in the passing game. Our secondary is a bigger concern in the New England game if you ask me. If Vontae is healthy I think we don't have that many bad match ups in the Texans game.

Is just the playoffs the goal? I think 9 -7 will likely get in. But no 8 - 8 team has ever won a Superbowl, and a 9-7 team is amongst the worst (Eli's 9-7 Giants beating 18-0 Patriots for 1 comes to mind) to win a Superbowl. Then again, we had the worst running D ever and still won in 2006... Hmmm....

Playoffs is the goal, yes.....9-7 won the Super Bowl last year..

Playoffs is the goal.. Just get us in...

I said at the start of the year that I thought we would at best go 6-10. The fact that we have already won 5 games and are a win away from tripling our win total from last year and it's only the halfway point makes me feel great. I just wanted to see us make progress and we are doing that. Frankly anything beyond 6 wins is just gravy to me so even if we get in the playoffs and lose 50-0 I'll still be thrilled with our season.

I know nobody thought we'd beat GB..I know anything is possible..I know everyone throws at Jacob....

..but do we need 10-6 and what's the path....how do you see us getting 10 wins?...are you as sure as I am about Buffalo being lunch meat?

Do you worry than KC will come out of their coma just in time to eliminate us ?

Not worried one bit about KC or Buffalo. Titans/Jags games are always tough, but we should be able to pull of a W. That puts us at 9-7 minimum with a tie breaker over Miami. They have two games against NE, one in SF, and another at home VS Seattle, so they'll be lucky to tie us let alone come out with a better record. By my estimates the AFC playoff standings are all but set for the first 5 spots; New England, Denver, Houston, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh. I don't see any of those teams falling apart, although it's hard to say who gets what seed. I'd say 9-7 gets the 6th WC spot since Miami is the only other legitimate threat and we own the tie breaker.

We MUST & SHOULD BEAT JAX on Thur, nite giving us 6 wins and needing only 3 more to get to 9.

On paper we should beat KC,Buf,and Tenn. Again on paper Det,NE,& Hou twice are probable losses.

If we get upset somewhere then we will need to upset someone ourselves to get 9 wins.

Now will 9 wins get you in?

I think a 9 win team will get in BUT we may have to Luck out a tie-breaker.

again...we matched up great against Jax and lost....will 9-7 do..or do we need 10-6?

9-7 probably works this year.

Right now there are six teams in the AFC with a winning record. Texans, Broncos, Pats, Ravens, Steelers, and Colts. There are two teams at .500 in the Chargers and Miami. We own the head-to-head tie breaker with one of those teams. So realistically it's the Colts, Dolphins the AFC North loser (Ravens or Steelers) and the AFC West (Broncos or Chargers) loser playing for two wildcard spots.

Yes, giants, twice, at 9-7, no other team besdies Giants with Eli vs. the Patriots have ever won the Superbowl. nor saying only the Giants and Eli can do it, just that they are the only ones to do so. We have game up and tiebreaker over Dolphins, and Chargers are game back. (not sure of tie breaker on that yet.) Jets and Raiders after that. Yes, we in drivers seat and I think 9-7 get in unless San Diego wins 6 of 8 remaining. I should look at their schedule and check tiebreakers. Not sure who else either. I don't think Minny can pull it off, but I'd like the Bucs in. Go Colts!!

http://www.nfl.com/p...playoff-picture

Remember, Houston in Week 17 could be resting their starters. If that game is make or break for our playoff hopes, we could be going 200% vs. the Texans back-ups.

I wouldn't so 0-2 vs. Houston so quickly.

If the Texans know that the Colts are trying to get into the postseason, they will play inspired and probably have the starters in for a little while. If not, there are only a few players who I could see being pulled early to rest for the playoffs. Plus, it's about time the Texans got the monkey off their backs in Lucas Oil. haha