Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Getting Love.

House

Well, you succeed in turning this into a media hate thread with your first post. But, *I* apologize for *MY* trollish actions.

I simply offered my opinion on the media. Besides, had this past Sunday been a loss and analysts and "experts" were talking about how the Colts' season was over, this thread would have a different name and there would be a great deal of opinions like mine showing up.

I simply offered my opinion on the media. Besides, had this past Sunday been a loss and analysts and "experts" were talking about how the Colts' season was over, this thread would have a different name and there would be a great deal of opinions like mine showing up.

You're exactly right, but let us enjoy the good times. I think we are well aware of how fickle the media is, I don't think we need the reminder.

RG3 is injured again from what I read (ribs). He is taking too many hits for someone who is so light in the pants. He will eventually be humbled as we are seeing with Cam Newton. Luck was already humble so he gets to skip that part of growing up.

Just sayin but how do you know RG3 isn't humble? What because he makes commercials? Because the media fawns over him? Because he exudes confidence in his abilities on the field? None of these things prove that he isn't humble. Kind of hard to make that judgment unless you know the man personally or can point to something in particular that he said or did which provides evidence that he is not humble. I've seen nothing of the sort thus far. So far he is saying the right things and putting forth 100% effort each week for his team.

With that out of the way, I am glad to see Luck getting some love this week from the media. But I don't necessarily need their validation either. I like Luck's low key approach and it works well for him. He seems to be a very grounded young man. He is starting to emerge as a very talented QB in this league...not just a talented rookie QB.

Just sayin but how do you know RG3 isn't humble? What because he makes commercials? Because the media fawns over him? Because he exudes confidence in his abilities on the field? None of these things prove that he isn't humble. Kind of hard to make that judgment unless you know the man personally or can point to something in particular that he said or did which provides evidence that he is not humble. I've seen nothing of the sort thus far. So far he is saying the right things and putting forth 100% effort each week for his team.

With that out of the way, I am glad to see Luck getting some love this week from the media. But I don't necessarily need their validation either. I like Luck's low key approach and it works well for him. He seems to be a very grounded young man. He is starting to emerge as a very talented QB in this league...not just a talented rookie QB.

(Not directed at you Coltsman1788, but more with the people you quoted and those with similar mindsets)

Sadly, RG3 is probably the best leader on that team right now. Even Shanahan appears to have thrown in the towel for the season during the Panther's post game press conference. There is a lot of dysfunction going on there, and a lot of it hasn't been put out to the public yet. Might see two new coordinators next season, if not sooner...and who knows what kind of player turnover. That roster isn't all its cracked up to be. The OL is average or well below on 4 of the spots and have had to lean heavily on the zone read to mask some glaring deficiencies. Griffin and Morris are 2 of the best players on that offense, and they're rookies. In the past 3 weeks I think they've had 5 TDs called back due to penalties. They're the most penalized team in the league and I'm pretty sure they're near the top in dropped passes too. Then there's the defense...their stats speak for themselves.

The colts are heading in a very positive direction and Luck is getting better with each week. No need (or even a logical reason) to put down Griff to build Luck up. Luck's performance stands perfectly well on its own and his situation and organization is much more stable with minimal drama, and that goes a long way with getting a team to play together. Ownership, coaching, and a decent mix of quality veterans and youth are giving Luck a good atmosphere to thrive in. This team will grow together and should be competitive for years assuming the key players stay healthy. Will be very fun to watch.

Yeah it would be back to Luck has deepball and accuracy issues and how vastly superior RGiii is.

Yeah it would be back to Luck has deepball and accuracy issues and how vastly superior RGiii is.

Precisely. See, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought so. haha Haven't heard a single thing about accuracy or the deep ball since the Jets game hahaha.

Precisely. See, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought so. haha Haven't heard a single thing about accuracy or the deep ball since the Jets game hahaha.

Yeah that's kind of how things happen around here. If the Colts lose fans have to blame it on aliens, monster, Jason Vorhees, Lucks accuracy, deepball, global warming, oil spills or something.

Believe me as well I've been at fault a few times myself haha

Yeah that's kind of how things happen around here. If the Colts lose fans have to blame it on aliens, monster, Jason Vorhees, Lucks accuracy, deepball, global warming, oil spills or something.

Believe me as well I've been at fault a few times myself haha

Those poor aliens and Jason Voorhees...now they know how life as a replacement official feels. :)

You just described every NFL message board in the country. :) Knee-jerk reactions are what the general masses contribute on a week to week basis.