Photo

Luck Getting Love.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#41 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7637 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Well, you succeed in turning this into a media hate thread with your first post. But, *I* apologize for *MY* trollish actions.

I simply offered my opinion on the media. Besides, had this past Sunday been a loss and analysts and "experts" were talking about how the Colts' season was over, this thread would have a different name and there would be a great deal of opinions like mine showing up.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012, 2014 AFC South Champions

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#42 smittywerb

smittywerb
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

It's because luck's team Is fighting for a playoff spot and rg3's team is pretty much out of the playoffs. Guarantee if it were the other way around they crap on luck and rg3 would be the second coming.

:pass: :blueshoe: BUILD THE MONSTER! FEED THE MONSTER! :blueshoe: :pass:

:HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire:

#43 ColtsLegacy

ColtsLegacy

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

• 1802 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I simply offered my opinion on the media. Besides, had this past Sunday been a loss and analysts and "experts" were talking about how the Colts' season was over, this thread would have a different name and there would be a great deal of opinions like mine showing up.

You're exactly right, but let us enjoy the good times. I think we are well aware of how fickle the media is, I don't think we need the reminder.

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out of here. - Michael Scott

#44 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 7912 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hopefully you're still medicated, which made it tolerable.

Watching Skip Bayless will give you the same sensation as feeling medicated!! <<RIMSHOT!!!>> :thmup:

#45 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 7912 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

For the record, today, on SportsCenter Luck gave his midterm grade of his own performance as.......... a 'C'...

Really. the kid gave himself a 'C'. I consider myself a huge Luck fan and even I would've given him a 'C+'!!! :thmup:

#46 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2208 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

RG3 is injured again from what I read (ribs). He is taking too many hits for someone who is so light in the pants. He will eventually be humbled as we are seeing with Cam Newton. Luck was already humble so he gets to skip that part of growing up.

Just sayin but how do you know RG3 isn't humble? What because he makes commercials? Because the media fawns over him? Because he exudes confidence in his abilities on the field? None of these things prove that he isn't humble. Kind of hard to make that judgment unless you know the man personally or can point to something in particular that he said or did which provides evidence that he is not humble. I've seen nothing of the sort thus far. So far he is saying the right things and putting forth 100% effort each week for his team.

With that out of the way, I am glad to see Luck getting some love this week from the media. But I don't necessarily need their validation either. I like Luck's low key approach and it works well for him. He seems to be a very grounded young man. He is starting to emerge as a very talented QB in this league...not just a talented rookie QB.
"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#47 stat2883

stat2883
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just sayin but how do you know RG3 isn't humble? What because he makes commercials? Because the media fawns over him? Because he exudes confidence in his abilities on the field? None of these things prove that he isn't humble. Kind of hard to make that judgment unless you know the man personally or can point to something in particular that he said or did which provides evidence that he is not humble. I've seen nothing of the sort thus far. So far he is saying the right things and putting forth 100% effort each week for his team.

With that out of the way, I am glad to see Luck getting some love this week from the media. But I don't necessarily need their validation either. I like Luck's low key approach and it works well for him. He seems to be a very grounded young man. He is starting to emerge as a very talented QB in this league...not just a talented rookie QB.

(Not directed at you Coltsman1788, but more with the people you quoted and those with similar mindsets)

Sadly, RG3 is probably the best leader on that team right now. Even Shanahan appears to have thrown in the towel for the season during the Panther's post game press conference. There is a lot of dysfunction going on there, and a lot of it hasn't been put out to the public yet. Might see two new coordinators next season, if not sooner...and who knows what kind of player turnover. That roster isn't all its cracked up to be. The OL is average or well below on 4 of the spots and have had to lean heavily on the zone read to mask some glaring deficiencies. Griffin and Morris are 2 of the best players on that offense, and they're rookies. In the past 3 weeks I think they've had 5 TDs called back due to penalties. They're the most penalized team in the league and I'm pretty sure they're near the top in dropped passes too. Then there's the defense...their stats speak for themselves.

The colts are heading in a very positive direction and Luck is getting better with each week. No need (or even a logical reason) to put down Griff to build Luck up. Luck's performance stands perfectly well on its own and his situation and organization is much more stable with minimal drama, and that goes a long way with getting a team to play together. Ownership, coaching, and a decent mix of quality veterans and youth are giving Luck a good atmosphere to thrive in. This team will grow together and should be competitive for years assuming the key players stay healthy. Will be very fun to watch.
NFL fan in general.

#48 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6451 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yeah it would be back to Luck has deepball and accuracy issues and how vastly superior RGiii is.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#49 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7637 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Yeah it would be back to Luck has deepball and accuracy issues and how vastly superior RGiii is.

Precisely. See, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought so. haha Haven't heard a single thing about accuracy or the deep ball since the Jets game hahaha.

#50 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6451 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Precisely. See, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought so. haha Haven't heard a single thing about accuracy or the deep ball since the Jets game hahaha.

Yeah that's kind of how things happen around here. If the Colts lose fans have to blame it on aliens, monster, Jason Vorhees, Lucks accuracy, deepball, global warming, oil spills or something.

Believe me as well I've been at fault a few times myself haha

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#51 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6451 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

We all pull the Cam Newton blame game around here occasionally!!!!!

#52 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7637 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Yeah that's kind of how things happen around here. If the Colts lose fans have to blame it on aliens, monster, Jason Vorhees, Lucks accuracy, deepball, global warming, oil spills or something.

Believe me as well I've been at fault a few times myself haha

Those poor aliens and Jason Voorhees...now they know how life as a replacement official feels. :)

#53 stat2883

stat2883
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

You just described every NFL message board in the country. :) Knee-jerk reactions are what the general masses contribute on a week to week basis.
NFL fan in general.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      01 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

JOES LEAGUE..I am getting sick, and not feeling well..I'll try to be on as much as possible to help with fixing the draft errors..I need you all to cooperate and rop the players you actually didnt draft and then in a day or 2 put in a waiver request for those you did draft...I may not be on but i['ll try...sorry guys

Show comments (2)
View All Updates