Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After 8 games....

BNS

Tough part of the schedule is just about to start. I still don't expect us to beat the Pats or Texans (okay, maybe we extend the home winning streak. MAYBE!), but i give us a better shot at taking Detroit and Buffalo now - especially the Bills.

Note: We were that close to being 6 & 2. Now THAT would have blown me away...

-d.

Tough part of the schedule is just about to start. I still don't expect us to beat the Pats or Texans (okay, maybe we extend the home winning streak. MAYBE!), but i give us a better shot at taking Detroit and Buffalo now - especially the Bills.

Note: We were that close to being 6 & 2. Now THAT would have blown me away...

-d.

what makes the rest of our schedule so tough??? we have 3 games remaining against teams above .500 the rest of the schedule Jax,Buffalo,Detroit,KC, and Tenn. and i think by the time our home game comes against houston in week 17, the texans will be resting their players so we could very well win that game too. so 5 winnable games maybe even 6 if houston does rest their starters. (might not because they may want to get that first ever win in indy. lol)

i think you were one of the people who laughed and said i was crazy when i mentioned a 9-7 or possible 10-6 record and a wild card spot this year lol.

I really was reckoning 4-6 wins, and the team surely will surpass those numbers... Wasn't really laughing...but was sceptic. OK, we all knew Luck is awesome, but this is a team-sport, and there were "circumstances" against us. Fortunatelly the team defies those circumstances, as Coach said.

what makes the rest of our schedule so tough??? we have 3 games remaining against teams above .500 the rest of the schedule Jax,Buffalo,Detroit,KC, and Tenn. and i think by the time our home game comes against houston in week 17, the texans will be resting their players so we could very well win that game too. so 5 winnable games maybe even 6 if houston does rest their starters. (might not because they may want to get that first ever win in indy. lol)

Are you so sure the Texans will be resting their players? They could very well lose against a tough Chicago team. If we beat the Jaguars that would leave us only one game out of first place. We could very well keep the Texans fighting for the division lead for the remainder of the season. You also have to look at the fact that including Chicago, they will also have to play the Patriots. They have a decent likelihood of losing both of those games. IF it happened that would give them 3 total losses.

If we lose to the Patriots and win the rest of the games, coming into the Texans game on Dec. 16th we would have 4 losses and the Texans would have 3. On the other hand, If we somehow beat the Patriots then we would come into the Texans game tied. I've seen too much from our team to automatically give the Texans that game. If we beat them(and I've said more than once that we could win) then it's possible the Dec. 30th match up at LOS could be a huge game.

Not sure if I'm ready to say they will be resting their starters on Dec. 30th. It's possible they could be resting their starters, but not totally guaranteed I think.

I confess, I clearly didn't see this coming. I'm surprised and very pleased.

But there's an argument that this is not a very strong 5-3 team. We're not beating anyone handily. When we do win it's typically by 1-4 points and often in the final seconds. And our strength of schedule has, and continues to be, very weak. We've got a thin roster and injuries may still catch up to us as the long marathon season unfolds.

This only means that just because we went 5-3 in the first 8, I won't be expecting 5-3 and in the last 8 games....

As always in these cases, I hope I'm wrong....

Unless you believe in Santa Claus, everyone should be smiling about our 5-3 record. So many new players, a new system, new coaches, and Arian subbing for our H.C. All I can say is wow, who woulda thought it? Just when we thought our O line was finally settled, Satale is injured, and Reitz is playing his first game after being injured. How about running for a 1st down when the Phins knew we were going to run the ball, to end the game. WOW! Ballard has been a very nice surprise. That leap he made into the End Zone last week for a TD and this week he runs for a 1st down when the Phins knew we would run the ball. WOW. I'm luvin this Colts team. Andrew Luck, you rock. Andrew makes his own luck and just as Peyton did, he makes everyone on the team a better player.

Are you so sure the Texans will be resting their players? They could very well lose against a tough Chicago team. If we beat the Jaguars that would leave us only one game out of first place. We could very well keep the Texans fighting for the division lead for the remainder of the season. You also have to look at the fact that including Chicago, they will also have to play the Patriots. They have a decent likelihood of losing both of those games. IF it happened that would give them 3 total losses.

If we lose to the Patriots and win the rest of the games, coming into the Texans game on Dec. 16th we would have 4 losses and the Texans would have 3. On the other hand, If we somehow beat the Patriots then we would come into the Texans game tied. I've seen too much from our team to automatically give the Texans that game. If we beat them(and I've said more than once that we could win) then it's possible the Dec. 30th match up at LOS could be a huge game.

Not sure if I'm ready to say they will be resting their starters on Dec. 30th. It's possible they could be resting their starters, but not totally guaranteed I think.

Now see that was something else i was laughed at about before the season started. i said both the Colts and Texans will fight for the division in week 17 and i got laughed at lol. and your right it could happen BUT we would have to beat houston in Houston if we want to make it happen like that. a loss to New England would give us 4 losses and houston evne losing to both new england and chicago would only give them 3 and then we have the match up against houston and if houston won that then it would surely knock us out of winning the division all together because we will have 5 losses with houston only having 3.

BUT what is ironic about houston playing New England is they play in new england the week before indy goes to houston. so we would have to hope they lose to both Chicago and New England we go 4-1 up to that week we play houston. thats alot to ask. but it can happen.

Now see that was something else i was laughed at about before the season started. i said both the Colts and Texans will fight for the division in week 17 and i got laughed at lol. and your right it could happen BUT we would have to beat houston in Houston if we want to make it happen like that. a loss to New England would give us 4 losses and houston evne losing to both new england and chicago would only give them 3 and then we have the match up against houston and if houston won that then it would surely knock us out of winning the division all together because we will have 5 losses with houston only having 3.

BUT what is ironic about houston playing New England is they play in new england the week before indy goes to houston. so we would have to hope they lose to both Chicago and New England we go 4-1 up to that week we play houston. thats alot to ask. but it can happen.

Seems like we have a lot in common. I too was laughed at for making some of the same statements. Ultimately I think Houston has a pretty decent likelihood of taking the division, but I don't think they will get it as early as some are thinking. We can make them fight for it for the rest of the year if we play like we are capable. There's a small chance we could win it if the chips fall in the right place. That would be a crazy sight to see! The Texans would be like "Even when we look like a contender, we still can't get the Colts out of our hair!"

I don't think beating Houston in Houston is as daunting as it sounds. Had it not been for the fact that Buffalo just sucks offensively, I think Buffalo could have taken that game yesterday. It was 7 to 6 at half time, and it stayed tight until later in the game. I have confidence in our team as long as we are not turning the ball over.

I don't think beating Houston in Houston is as daunting as it sounds. Had it not been for the fact that Buffalo just sucks offensively, I think Buffalo could have taken that game yesterday. It was 7 to 6 at half time, and it stayed tight until later in the game. I have confidence in our team as long as we are not turning the ball over.

That and Green Bay did beat houston in houston also. and we beat Green Bay. granted we had to come back from 18 down to do it, but we still won lol