Photo

Who is Luck's Brady?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#41 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7625 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Chuck Norris never won a Super Bowl while I expect Luck to win several.

That's cool, but I also expect there to be another QB and another team in the AFC that could be a consistent challenger. No one is so great so as to not have rivals and challengers.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012, 2014 AFC South Champions

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#42 JustAColtsFan

JustAColtsFan
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

The only reason the Colts and Patriots have played each other for the past 10+ years straight is because of demand...The NFL always puts 2 teams together if there is a rivalry or the demand is high because of things like "Manning and Brady"...I have a feeling we'll see the Redskins on our schedule starting next year and it'll become year after year if the hype stays high.

I don't see this happening. I like RG3, but I just don't see him playing in the league that long. He almost got his neck broke again yesterday. I was most impressed with Tannehill yesterday. Considering he was playing on a bum leg he was most impressive. Unfortunately for he and the Dolphins they ran into the Andrew Luck buzz saw :number1:

:coltshorse:  He's Back, Lets Hunt - "CHUCKSTRONG"  :coltslogo: 

#43 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Are we talking about Luck or Chuck Norris? Because that sounds a lot like Chuck Norris... :thinking:

hmm you might not have heard chuck pagano> chuck norris
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#44 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7625 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

hmm you might not have heard chuck pagano> chuck norris

I didn't know Chuck Pagano had anything to do with 12 being so great that he doesn't have any rival teams for the AFC crown in the next 10 SBs. I must have missed the memo.

#45 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I didn't know Chuck Pagano had anything to do with 12 being so great that he doesn't have any rival teams for the AFC crown in the next 10 SBs. I must have missed the memo.

never said that, i just said chuck pagano would beat chuck norris...
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#46 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2203 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Whoever it is, I just hope that we end up on the upside of the rivalry this time. It wouldn't really bother me if he didn't have a "Brady" at all. Does he really need one? lol
"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#47 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Tannenhill.

Luck 1 Tannenhill 0

/end discussion
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#48 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5910 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Lets just say for a second luck is as good as people say he will be almost all great qbs have a rival

Manning vs Brady, Marino vs Elway, Young vs Aikman, Montana vs Sims are a few.

So who becomes Luck's Brady and why do you think it's him? To me the easy answer is RG3 but I don't think he will be because they won't play often. I think it's more likely to be a guy in the AFC. I think it might end up being a young guy like dalton or tannahill.

Tannehill ... I was VERY impressed with this kid.... RG3 seems to be coming back sown to Earth. Cam is a big baby, and a frontrunner.

Miami is on the come, they have some real talent on D, and skill positions on O are pretty dang good. I can see Indy vs Miami becoming the next Indy vs NE in the near future.

I'm interested to see how Jake Locker progresses. He has as much raw talent as any young QB in the league.... and he is in our division.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#49 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5572 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

USC Quarterbacks = Bust waiting to happen

USC Quarterbacks under Pete Carrol. Let's see what Lane Kiffin's boys do.

#50 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7625 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

never said that, i just said chuck pagano would beat chuck norris...

My bad I was going back to the original posting that I had replied to. I agree with you though. He would. :D

#51 Gandalf

Gandalf
  • Member nst
  • 4686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I think it will inevitably be the next number 1 pick which will be true if they end op in the same division. Until then it will be all Luck vs. RGIII no matter how few times they play... I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL schedule a yearly preseason game between the two.

I have decided to leave the forum to focus on spending more time with my family, and working other projects. No longer am I interested in sitting around while discussing the in and outs of games, or debating other trivial things... but simply being able to live life to the fullest while enjoying all that I love. Salutations.  

#52 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1174 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Blaine Gabbert........I kid, I kid.

#53 haseo15

haseo15
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Matt Ryan.
With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select Matt Elam...

#54 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7625 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Matt Ryan.

Ooh, good choice. They might be meeting in a couple of SBs if things continue to go well for them.

#55 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Have a feeling Luck and Newton match up in a few epic regular season and Super Bowls.

#56 haseo15

haseo15
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Ooh, good choice. They might be meeting in a couple of SBs if things continue to go well for them.

Thanks. Ryan is killing it this year and luck should continue to improve as we build the team around him.
With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select Matt Elam...

#57 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7625 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thanks. Ryan is killing it this year and luck should continue to improve as we build the team around him.

Yep. Many actually compare Ryan to Manning, so it would be fitting with all the comparisons Luck himself gets to Manning.

#58 Truckin Sanders

Truckin Sanders
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Lets see Manning won multiple MVP's and came up short in the playoffs. Tom Brady won multiple super bowls and had a great record agianst Manning. Luck has played 8 games. Im going to go with nobody and probably never will have a "Brady".
Playoffs 2015

#59 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1137 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'm gonna say Geno Smith... Jags should eject Gabbert and grab this kid.... I don't think Locker or Gabbert will be good enough to rival Luck... Barkley either IMO.... If Smith goes to KC we might see him in the playoffs regularly, but I guess the best candidate is Tannehill, especially after :brady: retires.

#60 coltsguy510

coltsguy510

Military Brats FTW!!!

• 1187 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Jeff Driskel, Matt Barkley, Terry Bridgewater, Aaron Murray, Tannehill, Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, Tyler Wilson, Braxton Miller (could see him being RG3's rival), Andy Dalton, or Blake Bell.
Keep Building The Monster Grigson!!!!

#61 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17525 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Luck vs Yates? could be interesting, Yates hasn't looked bad when called upon, Luck vs Aaron Murray is a good one. I think Murray will be good, certainly not Manning or Brady good but could be fun

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      01 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

JOES LEAGUE..I am getting sick, and not feeling well..I'll try to be on as much as possible to help with fixing the draft errors..I need you all to cooperate and rop the players you actually didnt draft and then in a day or 2 put in a waiver request for those you did draft...I may not be on but i['ll try...sorry guys

Show comments (1)
View All Updates