Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck deep ballin

Coltivated

WE ALL HAVE, ugh, i hate to say it's about time. Collinsworth said he is not an accurate long baller

Collinsworth is an *. He was accurate in college and at pro day throwing against the wind. It was obvious it would translate, sometimes you just have to get a little thing called timing down. Donnie Avery probably runs a little faster than Griff Whalen.

Collinsworth is an *. He was accurate in college and at pro day throwing against the wind. It was obvious it would translate, sometimes you just have to get a little thing called timing down. Donnie Avery probably runs a little faster than Griff Whalen.

Collingsworth hates the Colts so TIWAGOS. which is take it with a grain of salt. but yea, he also said bunch other stuff that was stupid in his HBO interview. Colts have been lucky and getting call after call, Colts have benefited from a weak schedule, Colts luck is having rookie luck , colts will run out of luck, blah blah, blah.... i'm started to depise him

Collingsworth hates the Colts so TIWAGOS. which is take it with a grain of salt. but yea, he also said bunch other stuff that was stupid in his HBO interview. Colts have been lucky and getting call after call, Colts have benefited from a weak schedule, Colts luck is having rookie luck , colts will run out of luck, blah blah, blah.... i'm started to depise him

Apparently the forum censors me when I speak the truth about Collinsworth, but I think we all know what I was saying lol....

He's always been a hater....in the same realm of Dieon Sanders.

Apparently the forum censors me when I speak the truth about Collinsworth, but I think we all know what I was saying lol....

He's always been a hater....in the same realm of Dieon Sanders.

When watching NFL GameCenter, when Mooch and everyone is talking highly of the Colts, Deion just makes a bored face and puts his head down and pretends to write something on a piece of paper. Though the pen isn't moving at all...

Every time he hits a deep ball, I will forever think of this forums early concern about said deep ball.

Well..... that's all very nice of you.... but the fact is, Luck's weakest throw is the deep pass. Collinsworth isn't alone in saying that. EVERYONE who judges talent says it. They're NOT saying Luck doesn't have a strong enough arm -- he does. But, for whatever reason he doesn't throw the deep pass consistently well.

And, if you've been watching Colt's games this year, I don't know why that's even being discussed here? He has demonstrated he's not great at the deep pass in most every game he's played this year. There have been countless threads about it.

Perhaps, he's getting better. Players do get better. Maybe Luck is.

And please don't call me a 'Luck Hater' As a Stanford fan, I saw every pass Luck threw in college. I told people here when I arrived in May that he doesn't throw the deep pass consistently well. (Along with the fade) And, my comments have been proven true. But, as I said, it doesn't mean it will always be that way.

He threw deep today beautifully. Except -- ironically -- for the TD pass to Hilton, which was a terrible pass that the Dolphins DB's played into a touchdown. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

All in all, Luck played great today. Today is a very good day. Hopefully Thursday night, we'll all feel the same way.... :thmup:

Well..... that's all very nice of you.... but the fact is, Luck's weakest throw is the deep pass. Collinsworth isn't alone in saying that. EVERYONE who judges talent says it. They're NOT saying Luck doesn't have a strong enough arm -- he does. But, for whatever reason he doesn't throw the deep pass consistently well.

And, if you've been watching Colt's games this year, I don't know why that's even being discussed here? He has demonstrated he's not great at the deep pass in most every game he's played this year. There have been countless threads about it.

And please don't call me a 'Luck Hater' As a Stanford fan, I saw every pass Luck threw in college. I told people here when I arrived in May that he doesn't throw the deep pass consistently well. (Along with the fade) And, my comments have been proven true. But, as I said, it doesn't mean it will always be that way.

He threw deep today beautifully. Except -- ironically -- for the TD pass to Hilton, which was a terrible pass that the Dolphins DB's played into a touchdown. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

All in all, Luck played great today. Today is a very good day. Hopefully Thursday night, we'll all feel the same way.... :thmup:

I have seen your posts and I know where you stand on luck, but you better tread lightly cause it could get ugly!

Personally if he has to work on his deep ball and his fade, i'm fine with that. He is in the same mold as Peyton IMO and that is good because like Peyton, Andrew is going to strive and practice to correct or improve areas in which he feels he may be lacking. What he doesn't have in his consistent deep ball or fade, he more than makes up for with his strength and his legs. To me; Luck is Peyton 2.0 Luck is more gifted physically than Peyton while he possesses Peytons football IQ and desire to get better.

Not to mention and i'm probably gonna get blasted for this but I see Luck been more "clutch" than Peyton. I know he is a rookie and we are only 8 games into the season but man he just oozes cool and confidence. He has "it." I remember many a game when you would see the Peyton face and you knew he was frustrated, I just don't feel it from Luck. Could be wrong. . . but I doubt it.

All evened out. Made up for the great pass Luck threw to Hilton in the first half that Hilton dropped that would have been a TD. Football has a funny way of doing that.

I have seen your posts and I know where you stand on luck, but you better tread lightly cause it could get ugly!

Personally if he has to work on his deep ball and his fade, i'm fine with that. He is in the same mold as Peyton IMO and that is good because like Peyton, Andrew is going to strive and practice to correct or improve areas in which he feels he may be lacking. What he doesn't have in his consistent deep ball or fade, he more than makes up for with his strength and his legs. To me; Luck is Peyton 2.0 Luck is more gifted physically than Peyton while he possesses Peytons football IQ and desire to get better.

Not to mention and i'm probably gonna get blasted for this but I see Luck been more "clutch" than Peyton. I know he is a rookie and we are only 8 games into the season but man he just oozes cool and confidence. He has "it." I remember many a game when you would see the Peyton face and you knew he was frustrated, I just don't feel it from Luck. Could be wrong. . . but I doubt it.

As a New Colts Fan, I have purposefully avoided comparing Luck and Peyton. Honestly, I don't care who is better. If Luck is even close to Peyton, everyone here will be very, very happy.

I agree, they have much in common. They are also different in some ways as you have noted. I think the most important way they're similar is the one area which can't be measured or even viewed -- at least, if you don't know what you're looking for -- and that is from the neck up. It's the way both men think and approach and see a football game. It's rare and special. I don't know if they see things exactly the same, but both are driven to succeed.

Without knocking Peyton (because I never would) Andrew Luck doesn't have to be as good as Peyton. He just has to be the best Andrew Luck he can be. And I don't think there's a single Colts fan who will ever have to worry about that. He'll give you everything he has and he'll never stop trying to get better.

Hope that clarifies......

As a New Colts Fan, I have purposefully avoided comparing Luck and Peyton. Honestly, I don't care who is better. If Luck is even close to Peyton, everyone here will be very, very happy.

I agree, they have much in common. They are also different in some ways as you have noted. I think the most important way they're similar is the one area which can't be measured or even viewed -- at least, if you don't know what you're looking for -- and that is from the neck up. It's the way both men think and approach and see a football game. It's rare and special. I don't know if they see things exactly the same, but both are driven to succeed.

Without knocking Peyton (because I never would) Andrew Luck doesn't have to be as good as Peyton. He just has to be the best Andrew Luck he can be. And I don't think there's a single Colts fan who will ever have to worry about that. He'll give you everything he has and he'll never stop trying to get better.

Hope that clarifies......

I think much like how Johnny U and Peyton Manning are both just thought to be great QBs and aren't really compared to each other is what you are going to see with Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. Not unlike Favre and Rodgers and Montana and Young. While they played for the same teams they are different style of QBs and if Luck is as good as some think he is going to be he'll make his own legacy and people will sooner or later stop saying he has this like Peyton or he is this much behind Peyton or whatever sooner or later it will just become Luck is a great QB and the Colts are lucky to have two back-to-back. Honestly the QB Luck reminds me the most of is Elway. He can when needed like Elway could but prefers to pass and he has that fourth quarter comeback gene like Elway did. It might be Elway, Rodgers, or Young that he ends up being like and frankly I think any of the three would be just fine.

It's not like Luck doesn't have the arm.

I think he's just developing timing with receivers since they all haven't played together more than 8 games. Plus, game speed turns out a little different than practice speed. That one throw to Hilton was on his hands (should've been caught) so the timing is getting better I think.

Look at how bad Peyton used to overthrow Garcon all the time. It's all about timing.

Luck seems to have the work ethic to improve on the deep throws. He is very intelligent and looks/acts like a leader. We are just spoiled as Colts fans to go from peyton to Luck without missing a beat. Most teams never have one QB on this level the Colts franchise has had Unitas, Jones, Manning, and now possibly Luck.

Something I just saw is quite interesting. For all of the negative hype about Luck's arm strength, he is tied with Peyton Manning for the most passes of 20+ yards at 37...

I just find it cool how both guys came into the year with big arm strength questions, and they're living off the the deep ball.

Also, they're tied for 4th with 2,404 passing yards...

When Luck has the time, He is one of the best QBs in the game.

For people that are saying he is not throwing a good deep ball, tell me how many times as he been able to throw the ball at least 30 yards down the field in the previous games? It is about less than 10% of his throws.

Receivers generally haven't been able to get game experience catching the deep ball, but that is why Hilton and Avery had big numbers because of their speed getting down the field.

ESPN Stats and Information credited Luck with 8 of 11 passing (72.9 percent) for 149 yards and one touchdown off play-action Sunday. he attacked deep.

Luck's average distance per play-action throw was 17.8 yards, and his yards per attempt finished at 13.5. There was nothing conservative about the way Luck and Arians wanted to beat the Dolphins off the run action.

Something I just saw is quite interesting. For all of the negative hype about Luck's arm strength, he is tied with Peyton Manning for the most passes of 20+ yards at 37...

I just find it cool how both guys came into the year with big arm strength questions, and they're living off the the deep ball.

Also, they're tied for 4th with 2,404 passing yards...

The talk about Luck having no arm strength was ridiculous and only used by the people who were still anti Luck. Arians offense in general uses a lot of deeper passing routes. He's thrown several beauties all season. That pass that Hilton dropped was a heck of a throw. I think people early were complaining about the 50 yard bombs he was missing, which are really a low percentage type of throw to begin with.

Luck is showing the ability to self-correct on his deep ball. He is still learning on the fly out there and getting the feel and nuances of everything down with each passing week. I expect that we will continue to see steady improvement in his deep passing game. Also when his receivers not named Reggie Wayne decide they are ready to step up and make big plays on a more consistent basis then the whole league better look out.

While not popular...I know exactly of what you speak. However, it is still too early to surmise this just yet. Let's see how Luck handles the playoff pressure first. But I am getting more of a cool ice water vibe from him as well. Almost a Harbaugh "we may be ragamuffins but will beat you anyway" type of vibe. I don't think he'll crack under the post season pressure because early in his career he seems to have a firm grasp on the concept of team and does not act as if believes he has to do it all himself.