Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three Years, 17.5 Million

Three years, 17.5 million - signing of the year?

Because Reggie has spent his entire career in Indianapolis, people tend to not look at it like that, but, in the NFL, this might have been the signing of the year. Where would the Colts currently be without him? I could see it looking pretty ugly currently... for Luck and the Colts.

Remember, most assumed he was gone. League wide, people were scratching their heads when he returned. He certainly made the right decision, though. He could have gone out with Cassel or someone passing him the ball. Instead, his performance this season, with a second QB, will probably lock up the HOF for him.

His decision to stay for less instantly made him one of my all time favorites. Maybe even #2 behind Peyton himself. I didn't think Reggie would even want to come back...

That's the other thing. He was always a fan favorite, but now it's gone to another level. Reggie will go down as one of the most popular Colts.

But for the signing itself - remember, Garcon got 42 million over 5 years.

It all goes back to the article that was posted not long ago. Where Reggie was talking about the day Pagano called him at home and said "we can't do it without you"! Reggie is playing for something greater than money! Top notch fellow in my opinion! When you get a group of good people with good intentions together, good things will happen. I love our franchise! It makes me proud to be a Colt fan.

Yeah I recall Reggie's first 2 seasons and thought ughhh and then he turned it on. His second contract was a reasonable contract for both sides and he outplayed it. And this contract was a solid contract that I thought we overpaid for in a rebuild team with a player on his end of the career but so far he has exceeded this one. He is playing as well as others being paid 8-12 mil IMO. I am glad he stayed as he is one of my only player jerseys left in my closet too. :)

If I am his agent, with the dead cap space coming off the books, I am asking for a raise, even if it is a $6 mil. raise over 3 years. It would be worth it for Irsay for putting people back in the seats and being a big part of the Colts' O being relevant again.

Garcon who? I know not of whom you speak.

All I know is Reggie has beast mode engaged, and he's one of the best receivers in the entire league.

Yeah Reggie has beast mode fully engaged. He's so in beast mode right now that he may as well be friggin a Predacon. "Reggie Wayne TERRORIZE!" Which is what he is doing to opposing defenses. Only my fellow geeks will appreciate what I did there. :D

Seriously speaking though...the money spent on Reggie to bring him back this year was probably the best move made this off season outside of drafting Luck.

Flip the focus....imagine how good Reggie feels to be still playing in Indy...

....He's the mayor of Indy right now..and it sure didnt have to work out this way

No doubt about it. Reggie made the right decision. He could have taken a few bucks and faded into obscurity elsewhere. Instead, in 2012, he's locking up the hall of fame with his play by doing it with a second QB.

If Reggie left, the Pats would have definitely gone after him.

Even Reggie is grateful to be back to a city that loves and adores him.

I imagine he wouldn't be happier anywhere else. At this rate, he could maybe beat Marvin's record.

Pats did go after him...it was reported they actually offered him more money. Reggie Wayne has long been one of my favorite Colts of all time. He's a consumate professional who leads by example, and this year is also leading more verbally with no PM. Hats off to him for doing what he is doing, which is unprecedented at his age, and the FO for keeping him around!

Pats did go after him...it was reported they actually offered him more money. Reggie Wayne has long been one of my favorite Colts of all time. He's a consumate professional who leads by example, and this year is also leading more verbally with no PM. Hats off to him for doing what he is doing, which is unprecedented at his age, and the FO for keeping him around!

Yeah I had heard that the Pats went after him hard.

Reggie is definitely one of the best professionals in our team's history.

He and Marvin should one day be inducted into the HOF, even if there is a backload of receivers already.

Just be at a game when they anounce the players - there is no doubt who the fan favoriet is! REGGIE, REGGIE, REGGIE!!! Then it is Luck followed closely by Mathis and Freeney. Redding is fast becoming a favorite for his ablsoute cheerleader mode throughout the games for both the defense and offense. He is constantly pacing the sidelines pumping his fists and exorting both the offiense and defense to play harder. We Colts fans are indeed LUCKY to be witnessing the start of something very special yet again.

I remember when I was watching the last game of the Colts at home and my heart broke when someone said that that could be the last game of Reggie for the Colts

He is playing the best I have ever seen him, and that is due in part to him moving around instead of staying on one side of the field. He is by far one of... if not the best route runners in the game. I expect him to set career highs in yardage this year.