Photo

Three Years, 17.5 Million

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 #12

• 719 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Three years, 17.5 million - signing of the year?

Because Reggie has spent his entire career in Indianapolis, people tend to not look at it like that, but, in the NFL, this might have been the signing of the year. Where would the Colts currently be without him? I could see it looking pretty ugly currently... for Luck and the Colts.

Remember, most assumed he was gone. League wide, people were scratching their heads when he returned. He certainly made the right decision, though. He could have gone out with Cassel or someone passing him the ball. Instead, his performance this season, with a second QB, will probably lock up the HOF for him.

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3578 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

They say that true profit is made when you buy right....not when you sell.

Nice buy.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#3 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3312 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

His decision to stay for less instantly made him one of my all time favorites. Maybe even #2 behind Peyton himself. I didn't think Reggie would even want to come back...
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#4 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6016 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

this board went all giddy with love when he re-signed. andrew luck is probably more surprised at how good reggie is than long time colt fans

#5 #12

• 719 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

His decision to stay for less instantly made him one of my all time favorites. Maybe even #2 behind Peyton himself. I didn't think Reggie would even want to come back...

That's the other thing. He was always a fan favorite, but now it's gone to another level. Reggie will go down as one of the most popular Colts.

But for the signing itself - remember, Garcon got 42 million over 5 years.

#6 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Future HOF... I couldn't believe when we almost let him get away

#7 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I was so delighted when I saw Irsay's tweet: "REGGIE! REGGIE! REGGIE!". Great signing, he's playing his best in years.

#8 shevz

shevz
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

I remember when I was watching the last game of the Colts at home and my heart broke when someone said that that could be the last game of Reggie for the Colts
How do you say good bye? How do you say so long?
Maybe you don't
Maybe thank you it's all there is

#9 ericnan

ericnan
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

It all goes back to the article that was posted not long ago. Where Reggie was talking about the day Pagano called him at home and said "we can't do it without you"! Reggie is playing for something greater than money! Top notch fellow in my opinion! When you get a group of good people with good intentions together, good things will happen. I love our franchise! It makes me proud to be a Colt fan.

#10 jwilli69

jwilli69
  • 838 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Yeah I recall Reggie's first 2 seasons and thought ughhh and then he turned it on. His second contract was a reasonable contract for both sides and he outplayed it. And this contract was a solid contract that I thought we overpaid for in a rebuild team with a player on his end of the career but so far he has exceeded this one. He is playing as well as others being paid 8-12 mil IMO. I am glad he stayed as he is one of my only player jerseys left in my closet too. :)
John Williams

#11 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14683 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

A great signing
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#12 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4261 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Garcon who? I know not of whom you speak.

All I know is Reggie has beast mode engaged, and he's one of the best receivers in the entire league.

#13 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3538 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

His previous links to Pagano have really paid off, I think without this he wouldn't have been as willing to stay, nor as motivated in the last few weeks. The man is on a mission.

Does he count for the CPOY running considering his "injury" last year of Painter at QB?

#14 corgi

corgi
  • 2417 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Posted Image

I thought this would be Reggie's last hurrah as a Colt last year. I'm so happy he stayed, and I am so thankful as a fan for his love of the game and Indianapolis.

#15 chad72

chad72
  • 9006 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

If I am his agent, with the dead cap space coming off the books, I am asking for a raise, even if it is a $6 mil. raise over 3 years. It would be worth it for Irsay for putting people back in the seats and being a big part of the Colts' O being relevant again.

#16 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16038 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Flip the focus....imagine how good Reggie feels to be still playing in Indy...

....He's the mayor of Indy right now..and it sure didnt have to work out this way

#17 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2100 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Garcon who? I know not of whom you speak.

All I know is Reggie has beast mode engaged, and he's one of the best receivers in the entire league.

Yeah Reggie has beast mode fully engaged. He's so in beast mode right now that he may as well be friggin a Predacon. "Reggie Wayne TERRORIZE!" Which is what he is doing to opposing defenses. Only my fellow geeks will appreciate what I did there. :D

Seriously speaking though...the money spent on Reggie to bring him back this year was probably the best move made this off season outside of drafting Luck.
"This Trophy has a lot of glory but we are going to give the glory to God." --Jim Irsay.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#18 #12

• 719 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Flip the focus....imagine how good Reggie feels to be still playing in Indy...

....He's the mayor of Indy right now..and it sure didnt have to work out this way

No doubt about it. Reggie made the right decision. He could have taken a few bucks and faded into obscurity elsewhere. Instead, in 2012, he's locking up the hall of fame with his play by doing it with a second QB.

#19 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

If Reggie left, the Pats would have definitely gone after him.

Even Reggie is grateful to be back to a city that loves and adores him.

I imagine he wouldn't be happier anywhere else. At this rate, he could maybe beat Marvin's record.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#20 achcolts

achcolts
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Reggie easily became my 2nd fave behind peyton after the signing..shows why he plays the game

#21 Larry Horseman

Larry Horseman
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

If Reggie left, the Pats would have definitely gone after him.

Even Reggie is grateful to be back to a city that loves and adores him.

I imagine he wouldn't be happier anywhere else. At this rate, he could maybe beat Marvin's record.

Pats did go after him...it was reported they actually offered him more money. Reggie Wayne has long been one of my favorite Colts of all time. He's a consumate professional who leads by example, and this year is also leading more verbally with no PM. Hats off to him for doing what he is doing, which is unprecedented at his age, and the FO for keeping him around!

#22 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Pats did go after him...it was reported they actually offered him more money. Reggie Wayne has long been one of my favorite Colts of all time. He's a consumate professional who leads by example, and this year is also leading more verbally with no PM. Hats off to him for doing what he is doing, which is unprecedented at his age, and the FO for keeping him around!

Yeah I had heard that the Pats went after him hard.

Reggie is definitely one of the best professionals in our team's history.

He and Marvin should one day be inducted into the HOF, even if there is a backload of receivers already.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#23 JustAColtsFan

JustAColtsFan
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Just be at a game when they anounce the players - there is no doubt who the fan favoriet is! REGGIE, REGGIE, REGGIE!!! Then it is Luck followed closely by Mathis and Freeney. Redding is fast becoming a favorite for his ablsoute cheerleader mode throughout the games for both the defense and offense. He is constantly pacing the sidelines pumping his fists and exorting both the offiense and defense to play harder. We Colts fans are indeed LUCKY to be witnessing the start of something very special yet again.

:coltshorse:  He's Back, Lets Hunt - "CHUCKSTRONG"  :coltslogo: 

#24 King Colt

King Colt

Colt fan for 53 yrs. now!

• 1034 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

It was a big gamble for Reggie but how nicley it has paid off. They would not have the record they do if it were not for him. He is playing like his hands are made from glue. He will look good in Canton, Ohio. What a career!
"Build The Monster, Then Turn It Loose"

#25 Gandalf

Gandalf
  • Member nst
  • 4686 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

I remember when I was watching the last game of the Colts at home and my heart broke when someone said that that could be the last game of Reggie for the Colts

He is playing the best I have ever seen him, and that is due in part to him moving around instead of staying on one side of the field. He is by far one of... if not the best route runners in the game. I expect him to set career highs in yardage this year.

I have decided to leave the forum to focus on spending more time with my family, and working other projects. No longer am I interested in sitting around while discussing the in and outs of games, or debating other trivial things... but simply being able to live life to the fullest while enjoying all that I love. Salutations.  

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Aug
    Bogie

Happy Birthday to me, expecting a harvast

Show comments (15)
View All Updates