Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Off. Rookie of the Year Race

IndyTrav

Just got very interesting.

You've got Luck. RG3. Trent Richardson. Doug Martin.

All of them have a legit case to the award.

What Martin did today was record breaking. So was Luck. RG3 started out like gangbusters. Richardson has been solid all season.

What a rookie class.

If Luck gets the Colts to the playoffs and he keeps doing it with a shaky line, inconsistent run game, and little help from the defense he will be the rookie of the year no questions asked. I saw today no QB taken number one overall has ever gone 8-8 his rookie year or better. If Luck can do that it will be extremely hard to not give him the award and frankly if he's better than 8-8 this year it's highly unlikely the Colts wont be in the playoffs.

Forgot about both Wilson and Tannehill. Both good players whose names should be mentioned as well.

It's gonna be a wild race. Lets assume all the QBs finish within 1 or 2 games of each other. Then it's going to come to stats etc which will be even more interesting because they are all fairly close.

Then you got Martin trying to be the league leader in rushing. And Richardson is probably going to finish in the double digit range of TDs as the lone option in a tough division.

If Luck gets the Colts to the playoffs and he keeps doing it with a shaky line, inconsistent run game, and little help from the defense he will be the rookie of the year no questions asked. I saw today no QB taken number one overall has ever gone 8-8 his rookie year or better. If Luck can do that it will be extremely hard to not give him the award and frankly if he's better than 8-8 this year it's highly unlikely the Colts wont be in the playoffs.

has a few tough games left, Pats, & 2 texans in particular but think he can pull it off , get into playoffs and win OROY

U also left out that save for wayne, & thank god he has wayne who has been instrumental as helping him come along , all rest of weapons save Avery / Brown are Rookies , but wayne is the one Vetran threat that he thrives with

I think its Lucks top lose

Andrew Luck will be 100X better than RG3. Don't worry about what the media says. I went to the game last week & RG3 is 90% hype. Media bashed Cam all week & hyped RG3. Cam outplayed him & all they talked about was RG3 needing help.

Luck will be great. RG3 will fade away.

RG3 is a hype machine. Inaccurate, can't read the D, pads stats with checkdowns, & takes off running if his first option isn't open. He overthrew his rb on a checkdown 3 straight plays. He is all hype. I think the media is hyping him in hopes he will overshadow Cam. Because last year Cam made all the critics look like fools & they have a vendetta against him.

I was disappointed when we didn't get Luck last year but Cam wasn't a bad consolation prize.

Teams have figured out Washington's * checkdown offense. Luck will run away with OROY.

I think it will come down to Luck and Martin. Man that guys is a monster. FOUR rushing TDs and 251 yards??? You gotta be kidding me.

Martin has had two consecutive phenomenal games... but if those two games prove to be outliers then you can expect both Richardson and Morris to finish with substantially better numbers. Morris is by far the most consistently productive of all of the backs but we haven't been able to get him the ball enough the last two weeks.

not if he's playing like the past 2 weeks

The sad thing is that he played really well two weeks ago. The stats only tell the story of how bad his receivers were that day. This past Sunday was the first day where he looked human :(

RG3 is a hype machine. Inaccurate, can't read the D, pads stats with checkdowns, & takes off running if his first option isn't open. He overthrew his rb on a checkdown 3 straight plays. He is all hype. I think the media is hyping him in hopes he will overshadow Cam. Because last year Cam made all the critics look like fools & they have a vendetta against him.

I was disappointed when we didn't get Luck last year but Cam wasn't a bad consolation prize.

Teams have figured out Washington's * checkdown offense. Luck will run away with OROY.

Cam played a mediocre game against the worst pass defense in the NFL (if not the history of the NFL), so don't get too cozy. With a more capable QB you would have blown us out of the water with how we played... instead you allowed us to out-gain you on offense and your entire offense wound up consisting of about 4 plays, one of which the NFL admitted the referees BADLY screwed up.

Griffin rushed for more yards and more yards per attempt than Cam and he threw for more yards at a higher completion percentage despite not being gifted a blown coverage that resulted in an 82 yard reception like Cam was. That's all with Griffin at his worst to date and Cam apparently looking good enough for you to be happy with his performance.

Keep on telling yourself what you need to tell yourself, though.

Andrew Luck will be 100X better than RG3. Don't worry about what the media says. I went to the game last week & RG3 is 90% hype. Media bashed Cam all week & hyped RG3. Cam outplayed him & all they talked about was RG3 needing help.

Luck will be great. RG3 will fade away.

Robert Griffin and Andrew Luck will both be good. Cam has talent but he has nowhere near the maturity and discipline that the other two have. I see Robert Griffin making the big game before Newton does.

Cam rewrote the record books when everyone said he would be a bust. You can keep your guy "RGIII"

4,000yd passing

700yd rushing

35 touchdowns

You forgot the turnovers.

"One of about every 8.5 Griffin passes has been off-target this season, the second-lowest percentage in the league. By comparison, nearly one of every five Newton passes has been off-target."

"http://espn.go.com/b...ame/cam-newton"

Griffin III suffers from STS. cruddy Teamate Syndrome. Defense is real real bad. O-line can only run-block. Recievers can't seperate or catch. He's throwing to Leonard Hankerson and Josh Morgan, do you even know who they are?

Let's see Cam has what, 3 all-pro linemen? Steve Smith. Olsen. Stewart. Williams. Surrounded by talent. RG3 is in the worst situation in the league. Shanahan has failed miserably and Haslett is the worst D-cord in the league. Why hire an UFL retread?

Robert Griffin and Andrew Luck will both be good. Cam has talent but he has nowhere near the maturity and discipline that the other two have. I see Robert Griffin making the big game before Newton does.

The offense that Chudzinski's running is also pretty primitive. That's not going to help the Panthers at all unless they ax him and Rivera sooner than later.

Let's see Cam has what, 3 all-pro linemen? Steve Smith. Olsen. Stewart. Williams. Surrounded by talent. RG3 is in the worst situation in the league. Shanahan has failed miserably and Haslett is the worst D-cord in the league. Why hire an UFL retread?

So not only are you a bad troll on a Colts board, you're also one of those guys. I like our offensive line better than the Panthers, who only have one holdover from their days as a dominant unit under John Fox. I also think Morris is considerably more capable and productive in our scheme than either Williams or Stewart are in theirs (see above re: Chud). The Panthers have an infinitely better pass rush than we do and Steve Smith. Those are the only parts of that team that I envy. The rest? Meh...

Haslett sucks but the way our offense has been designed is pretty brilliant. We just need someone to step up at receiver. Right now Hank is the only guy who seems to be trending positively for us in that capacity but he's still a long way off.

Yes after a fast start of RG3 the ORYA is now more balanced, i will say that at this moment the top 3 is:

Luck

Martin

RG3

But the other rookies are pretty close too... still half of the season is coming so anyone could still win. (including people not in the top 3 like wilson, richardson, morris, tannehill etc)

Griffin will win easily. He plays "exciting" football, and that's all he's going to need to win it.

C'MON Man!!!

Griffin can have all the explosive plays and take the stupid award. But hopefully with Luck playing smart we will make the playoffs and have a chance at the SB.... Oh yea wasnt Rg freakin 3 and the talent around him supposed to win sooner then Luck. Hhhhhmmmm

C'MON Man!!!

Griffin can have all the explosive plays and take the stupid award. But hopefully with Luck playing smart we will make the playoffs and have a chance at the SB.... Oh yea wasnt Rg freakin 3 and the talent around him supposed to win sooner then Luck. Hhhhhmmmm

What does that have to do with my post lol.

Seems like your statement was fine without quoting mine lmao

It's a close race between Luck and RGIII. Morris and "Muscle Hampster" will be considered, but it appears to be a two-person race at the moment. I see them being neck and neck, but at the end, if one makes it to the playoffs while the other doesn't then the race is over. So far, it appears that Luck might be in the lead simply for this reason.

luck is being asked to do more then any rookie ever. the colts were the worst team in football last year and their 6-3 now and they beat some good teams packers,vikings,dolphins. reggie wayne wasn't this good last year but now since luck is the qb he's leading the team in rec yards. luck is one of the few qb's i see along with brady,rodgers,and brees that runs 5wr's sets on a consistent basis which is really hard to do. some would say that luck is more valuable to his team winning then any other qb in the nfl.

You forgot the turnovers.

"One of about every 8.5 Griffin passes has been off-target this season, the second-lowest percentage in the league. By comparison, nearly one of every five Newton passes has been off-target."

"http://espn.go.com/b...ame/cam-newton"

Griffin III suffers from STS. cruddy Teamate Syndrome. Defense is real real bad. O-line can only run-block. Recievers can't seperate or catch. He's throwing to Leonard Hankerson and Josh Morgan, do you even know who they are?

Can you judge a player by his teammates?? They do this in Hall-of-Fame situations, too. Not fair.