Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Receiving Corps Is Coming Together Beautifully!

krunk

For most of the year we always knew we had Reggie to depend on, but now the rest of the crew is starting to come together. We are watching T.Y. Hilton make strides every game, and he even looked a tad bit more comfortable returning punts today even though it still needs more work. To add to this, Luck is increasing his sync with Donnie Avery and we are also starting to see Lavon Brazill get into the mix. Then it gets even sweeter with Duane Allen turning it up a notch. And just when you think you're done, we have Coby Fleener getting his swag together as well.

Guys we are in for a dominant performance coming soon. Just watch and see!

Don't even let me get started with the running game. I expect us to be able to run the ball a lot better than today going forward, and that is going to make the offense even more explosive.

This thing is looking real good!

Im lovin Avery's potential, I see potential in Hilton but not getting excited about that this early with a rookie

Whoever that was guarding Avery today was getting Dogged! You can tell Avery felt like he could do what he wanted against Miamis secondary.

Im lovin Avery's potential, I see potential in Hilton but not getting excited about that this early with a rookie

And the great thing is Brazil is even starting to make some strides as well. Everything is coming togher nicely and at the right time!

And the great thing is Brazil is even starting to make some strides as well. Everything is coming togher nicely and at the right time!

We are an O Linemen or two and a year or two of experience away I think but Im enjoying watching some guys step up

This group has some talent, but Luck makes this group that much better (even Reggie although he's still great).

TY had a very good game, but I still see the hands inconsistency, he dropped at least one ball today, I think even 2.

Donnie is having a nice season and he seems to be becoming a nice part of this offense.

Very good potential in this group, and they'll only get with time.

We are an O Linemen or two and a year or two of experience away I think but Im enjoying watching some guys step up

I agree! I am enjoying this season more and more. I've been watching football for many years, but I've never seen a rookie quarterback have such great grasp of the offense so soon. Luck looked like he's already played in two Pro Bowls today!

This group has some talent, but Luck makes this group that much better (even Reggie although he's still great).

TY had a very good game, but I still see the hands inconsistency, he dropped at least one ball today, I think even 2.

Donnie is having a nice season and he seems to be becoming a nice part of this offense.

Very good potential in this group, and they'll only get with time.

"Hands Inconsistency" indeed. I'd like to see the stat on how many drops we've had this season. Several great catches, for sure, but way too many drops.

To gain those yards without Coby Fleener .....all the more impressive

..but i think Miami was a little overrated....

To me, Dwayne Allen is a solid football player, blocking, receiving, hustling to recover a fumble etc.

There are some guys who excel at one thing. But I have no doubt in my mind Dwayne Allen has the ceiling of a Tony Gonzalez, being a more rounded TE.

Colts missed Fleener but I actually thought we'd be ok with Allen (picked him up in fantasy as bye play for Gronk). Always been high on em'. The guy can do it all! He seems to be more NFL "ready" than Fleener at this point. I'm not saying Fleener isnt a nice part of this offense but I personally would like to see more looks Allen's way. I also know that we need his "blocking" more now at this point with the Oline protection. Hopefully eventually the Oline picks it up & we can see them both causing problems in the passing game! GO Colts 5-3!! Wooohooo

"Hands Inconsistency" indeed. I'd like to see the stat on how many drops we've had this season. Several great catches, for sure, but way too many drops.

With today's game, he has 5 this year, and considering the 44 targets he has, dropping 11% of the passes that come your way isn't good.

With today's game, he has 5 this year, and considering the 44 targets he has, dropping 11% of the passes that come your way isn't good.

Not sure what you're saying Andy. We've only had 5 drops this season? Or were there 5 drops today (seems right).

Maybe you meant he has 5 'more' this year?

Not sure what you're saying Andy. We've only had 5 drops this season? Or were there 5 drops today (seems right).

Maybe you meant he has 5 'more' this year?

TY Hilton has 5 drops this year. The Colts as a team have 17 I think, or around that number. I meant to say that Hilton ahs 5 drops this year, which is 11% of the passes gone his way.

TY Hilton has 5 drops this year. The Colts as a team have 17 I think, or around that number. I meant to say that Hilton ahs 5 drops this year, which is 11% of the passes gone his way.

Yeah, that's not good. Let's just hope he trends up as he gets more experience.

That's a great stat though. It would be interesting to see who leads the league/team in drop percentage. You'd think their targeting numbers would decrease as their drop percentage increased.

I agree i am really happy with this receiving corps play, Avery (when healthy) has shown he can be a real threat only if he can be a bit more consistent he can be a real #2. Reggie is Reggie playing outstanding as usual he's looking at receiver of the year if he continues to put up the numbers he has been. TY is becoming very serviceable i would like to see him work on his concentration he drops passes that should be caught i wont nick him that much as he is still a rookie im more than pleased with his production thus far. Dwayne Allen IMO is currently outplaying Fleener, this kid is a monster and his hands are really good. im not sure if everyone notices , but he makes some really amazing grabs and is really elusive in open space. and Lastly Brazil is showing some flashes as well he made some great crucial third down grabs Sunday, i would like to see him be used more just to see what he is capable of.

Lol Gavin....they said the same thing about Martin when Nicks went down last week. And c'mon Andy lighten up on TY a little bit :) yes I agree he needs to work on his hands but I def see the talent. All of our WR's are dropping balls with Reggie being the exception. They are rookies and will learn from their mistakes. Hilton's is mostly concentration as he has shown good hands, where he gets in trouble is when he starts to look down the field before catching the ball. Have I mentioned how good I think Allen is going to be yet? lol

Nice thing about the recieving core is if Colts retain Avery, this group should be strong enough going forward where WR wont be a major area to address in free agency/draft, which will open up other areas of greater need, i.e. corner,o-line, etc...

I just say this because prior to the start of the season I thought Colts recievers would struggle big time...

but a core of Wayne, Avery, Hilton, Bravil, doesnt look so bad right now,and they can only get better... add in Allen & Fleener and Colts recieving core as a whole unit looks pretty alright...

Just imagine if Gonzo were still on the team producing like a first round draft pick... ahhhh the what if game...

I agree the young guys a realy starting to come on. I could not believe the number of times the Dolphins left Reggie in single coverage because they just didn't know who Andrew may target next. This will become the norm as they all improve. Too many targets to cover and this will only help our running game also. Things are getting brighter and brighter - now if only we could keep all the starters on the OL healthy LOL.