Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still Looking For Those Elusive Turnovers! [Merge]

krunk

This is getting out of hand. We haven't had one since the first drive on the second half against the Packers and only three all year. We have had one since the first half of the Vikings game. To give you an idea of how bad this is for our defense the Bears doubled our season total in a single game today against the Titans. I am not saying we need six turnovers a game but we need more than one a month.

Hah I was thinking the same thing when Dwight got that sack fumble that miraculously fell into the hands of the Dolphins OL. I was thinking to myself :thinking:!

Yeah we can't buy one right about now! If we keep getting pressure like we did today, I expect some to be coming soon though...

I understand that but we won once again

Yes we did but we aren't going to win a lot of games once we start playing better teams like we have to on the back half our schedule if we don't start forcing some turnovers. Andrew Luck isn't going to drive the ball 80 yards every time when he plays a team like the Texans.

Yes we did but we aren't going to win a lot of games once we start playing better teams like we have to on the back half our schedule if we don't start forcing some turnovers. Andrew Luck isn't going to drive the ball 80 yards every time when he plays a team like the Texans.

Houston's secondary isn't as good as MIami's in my opinion. Now their front 7 gets a slight nod, but not by much. JJ Watt is playing at such a high level right now.

Houston's secondary isn't as good as MIami's in my opinion. Now their front 7 gets a slight nod, but not by much. JJ Watt is playing at such a high level right now.

Wow I dont know about that.

Joseph and Jackson are pretty solid CBs. Manning is a decent safety and Quinn has been playing well this year.

I never thought the Dolphins secondary was really all that good. Theyve been playing some pretty average passing teams to this point.

I would agree the Dolphins front 7 is solid but the way Watt is playing, the Texans are playing the best as a front right now.

Houston secondary is fourth best in the NFL and that's impressive when you factor in teams are throwing a lot against them since they are behind in most of the games. They also have 9 INTs to go with that which is triple the number of turnovers we have on the year as a team. Now if you want to give credit to their front seven for getting pressure that's fine but make no mistake they have a lot of talent in that secondary.

To me, the lack of turnovers, makes this season even more remarkable.

Because that means we are stopping offenses when we need to.

Without even causing any turnovers, sound coaching and good tackling.

Once the defense starts gelling and we get healthy players back like Vontae & Chapman, we can get turnovers.

We took a step forward against Miami with two sack fumbles. Unfortunately, they both bounced the Dolphins way, but if we can keep making teams put the ball on the ground, we'll pick it up eventually.

Something else that will help will be getting a lead. We haven't had any significant lead since the Vikings game.

It's nothing new, but we're not getting any sort of big plays outside of the passing game - no big runs, no big returns, no blocked kicks. So, it's not just the lack of turnovers. When you add it up, 5-3 is pretty amazing.

It really is hard to believe we have forced so few turnovers. Some teams get as many as we have in one half. I thought we had one yesterday but got a bad bounce, but other then that i can't remember really even coming close recently. Maybe the ball that hit Angerer in the Titans game when he wasn't even looking? I think it points to a lack of playmakers on that side of the ball. I don't think it's a coincidence that the ball hits the ground once Mathis and Freeney are on the field together. They both have been banged up so it's been hard on us in that area. Outside of that though we seem to have a bunch of average talent but not a lot of playmakers. Would be nice to add one or two over the offseason. A short field off a turnover could really help out Luck and the boys on offense.

It's nothing new, but we're not getting any sort of big plays outside of the passing game - no big runs, no big returns, no blocked kicks. So, it's not just the lack of turnovers. When you add it up, 5-3 is pretty amazing.

I think there were some decent runs during the TN game, didnt someone get a hand on an extra point attempt during the Browns game???

just saying, this team is making some plays, maybe not alot of primetime plays that'll show up on the highlight reels, but they're making plays

I think its mindset with many of our players most of which are in the secondary, I have seen Freeman trying to strip the ball on a couple instances once he wrapped his man up and Freeney and Mathis almost always going for the strip sack when they get back there other then that our defense doesnt really have players that have done much of that, I think part of that is some players its just not in them to be play makers while others are still getting used to the scheme and where they are supposed to be