Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time To Add Luck To The MVP Discussion

John Waylon

Call me crazy, but I think putting Luck in the MVP race right now should be HIGHLY considered. I think it's Peyton's right now, and I think Matt Ryan is right behind, but Luck is doing more with less. Luck has no run game, and a defense you really can't count on, and how many times has he brought his team from behind?

Luck should be a legitimate MVP Candidate at this point...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be seriously considered unless something crazy happens like we win out for the rest of the regular season. His completion percentage, TD-to-TO ratio and QB rating are all still pedestrian, by MVP standards of course. He's been OUR Co-MVP so far (along with Wayne), that's for sure

Call me crazy, but I think putting Luck in the MVP race right now should be HIGHLY considered. I think it's Peyton's right now, and I think Matt Ryan is right behind, but Luck is doing more with less. Luck has no run game, and a defense you really can't count on, and how many times has he brought his team from behind?

You're not crazy.....and there is the old country boy...who is also 5-3...

We'd have to go 10-6...But who has passed for more yards in the NFL...than Manning and Luck.?

Is Irsay a genius...I'd hate to have to admit it.. :goodluck:

I don't think he has a chance at winning it but he should be in the convo. Today was a great example of it. The defense isn't great and the running game isn't something we can count on and the o-line is shaky along with receivers who drop more than their fair share of passes. We are riding his right arm.

I think rodgers is front runner in mvp race with 25 tds to 5 ints then u have manning with 20 tds 6ints brady has only thrown 3ints and ryan on a undefeated team will be tough for luck to win mvp but he may get roy if he continues to play at high level manning will be comeback player of year and rodgers may get mvp number 2

He won't be seriously considered unless something crazy happens like we win out for the rest of the regular season. His completion percentage, TD-to-TO ratio and QB rating are all still pedestrian, by MVP standards of course. He's been OUR Co-MVP so far (along with Wayne), that's for sure

MVP isn't a stats award. That's what the Offensive Player of the Year is for. Ask Drew Brees. Peyton's 2008 stats weren't the best, and he still won it.

Luck has us at 5-3, in control of our playoff destiny. We pretty much gutted our team, our front office, we have an inconsistent run game that when it's not there, it is NOT there, and a defense he consistently has to score more than.

It was not at all sane to expect this of us prior to now.

MAYBE... its a reach, but he should definitely be ROTY

Definitely ROTY thus far. However a lot can change. Thus far he's looked unbelievable. Team overall played pretty well and if they can just keep it up there is no doubt in my mind ROTY for Andrew.

What I like about Andrew is nothing phases him, he can get hit hard get back up shrug it off, throw a pick and shrug it off. I haven't seen a rookie with so much poise.

I love to hate how this forum always explodes with horribly escalated topics after each game.

"Fire Vinny, he just missed a FG", "Luck played well today, let's make him MVP", "Freeney was horrible, let's cut him". I swear my IQ is getting lower after reading this sensationalism after each and every game.

I think Manning gets CPOY, and depending on where the Falcons land, Matty Ice gets MVP. JJ Watt is up there too. Rookie of the Year will probably go to RG3 because of all of the media hype around him. If Luck decided to become a diva, then it would be his.

I would love to see MVP go to a defensive player like Watt but I doubt they give it to a defensive stud. It's all about a handful of QBs 24/7. Rodgers is rolling with the TDs, Brady is Brady, Ryan might get it if his team finishes with the best record and some are obsessed with making him the next Peyton, Brees has always gotten snubbed over the years so that is proof at times it is a popularity contest. Peyton has a great case too but the Broncos have also lost to the best teams they have played this year so I am hesitant. Then you have Eli as well who many have in the convo.

And a lot of our wins to me are not just Luck wins. They are TEAM wins. In fact I would even go so far as to say Reggie Wayne sometimes deserves consideration for MVP or offensive player of the year.

Luck has been awesome at times and we beat a few teams we are not supposed to but I don't always want to single just him out either when I feel this thing is a true team effort at times and he has had ups and downs too.

But, I do think Luck is more rookie of the year worthy so far then RG3. RG3 has fizzled out after beating some early season cupcakes.

The so called MVP buzz for RG3 weeks ago was ridiculous anyway.

Honestly right now the MVP race is between Peyton, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, and I'll give you one more I think Watt for the Texans should be in the talk as well. I don't have a problem with Luck being the convo in terms of there is no way he'll win it but just being mentioned as like the fifth or sixth guy. His team has gone from 2 wins to 5 wins already thanks in large part to the better play we are getting at the QB poistion. If Luck isn't in this race which he has no shot at winning then Grigson and the Colts coaches HAVE to be in the talk for GM and coach of the year.

Honestly right now the MVP race is between Peyton, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, and I'll give you one more I think Watt for the Texans should be in the talk as well. I don't have a problem with Luck being the convo in terms of there is no way he'll win it but just being mentioned as like the fifth or sixth guy. His team has gone from 2 wins to 5 wins already thanks in large part to the better play we are getting at the QB poistion. If Luck isn't in this race which he has no shot at winning then Grigson and the Colts coaches HAVE to be in the talk for GM and coach of the year.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!

Sure why not. He's already in the Pro Bowl conversation at http://www.nfl.com/

You're not crazy.....and there is the old country boy...who is also 5-3...

We'd have to go 10-6...But who has passed for more yards in the NFL...than Manning and Luck.?

Is Irsay a genius...I'd hate to have to admit it.. :goodluck:

brett favre is 5-3?

Definitely ROTY thus far. However a lot can change. Thus far he's looked unbelievable. Team overall played pretty well and if they can just keep it up there is no doubt in my mind ROTY for Andrew.

What I like about Andrew is nothing phases him, he can get hit hard get back up shrug it off, throw a pick and shrug it off. I haven't seen a rookie with so much poise.

i think this is definitely crucial in his success this year, the fact that he shrugs things off and gets back to work. hes not a cam, thats for sure

I totally agree... Look at the body of work...

comeback after comeback.. He is SO CLUTCH....

Ya .. i'm slobbering ... but facts DO NOT CEASE TO EXIST BECAUSE THEY ARE IGNORED.

Hey, I'm not the only one "loving me some Martin." No need to get your jimmies rustled. Didn't mean that in a negative way for Luck.

FX ... Andrew L is leading 2 win team LAST SEASON ... To 5 already THIS season.

and you seriously think D Martin (who has had only 2 monster games in a row) is TROY

FF football is one thing.... REALITY is another... and ANDREW L is just ....

Well.. winning.. 5-3

just saying......