•  

Photo

Avery

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#41 IamSAR

IamSAR
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

It's kinda sad because this seems to follow Avery. He would have these type of games for the rams, and when he started to click with Bradford he would get hurt. I hope he shakes it off and is back on the field sooner than later. I think Hilton is capable of filling in, though. I did notice that in this dolphin's game, even with some of the drops that happened, they seem to be building chemistry with Luck.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 cjrulli

cjrulli
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Avery practiced I believe, so he should be good to go. I'd actually like to see Brazill a little more, he seems to have very solid hands. Very nice possession WR it looks like, had a nice little toe tap catch on the sidelines for a first down.

#43 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Hopefully Avery is good to go Thursday. He's really been a nice target for Luck and if anything he helps keep the safety on his side deep.

Brazill reminds me A LOT of Reggie when he was a rookie. He's got good hands and is a fairly decent route runner. He's gonna be one of those guys that when everything clicks for him and he gets playing time he's going to shine.

I still think Avery needs to be kept for next year and just keep letting these guys grow with Luck. There isn't any reason for the Colts to target a WR next year. Keep it rolling with these guys and our TE's. It wouldn't surprise me if Reggie is still playing for the Colts after his current contract is up. He looks like a young man out there and is playing at such a high level.

#44 Big Red

Big Red
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Personally I think Avery should be used primarily to go deep and limit his shorter catches that require YAC in heavy traffic. I worry about his durability. It's tough to be "NFL" fast when you are dinged up. Go deep Donnie!

#45 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11391 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hope it is Good News Thursday
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#46 Rich Cannon

Rich Cannon
  • 1246 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

If he is not able to go I would love to see what Brazill can do..

I would also like to get preview of brazil
(天) I RESPECT EVERYONES OPINION.....(SARCASM)

#47 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2047 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I would also like to get preview of brazil

I think he has promise, but didn't he have a couple drops Sunday too?

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#48 dw49

dw49
  • 3473 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

I don't remember Brazil having drops Sunday.

#49 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2047 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

I don't remember Brazil having drops Sunday.

I could be wrong... Not the first time... But I could swear #15 had at least 1 critical pass careen off his hands.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#50 Restored

Restored

QB University Student

• 1395 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Brazil did drop a pass and was out of place in another. Avery should play and the injury problem hasn't really been a issue this year. It's really just been his hands and timing with Luck. Remember we run the same offense the steelers had. Avery fills the Mike Wallace role of going deep and running slants with an occasional stop/comeback route. He will be fine.
QB University Chuckstrong

#51 ColtsHappy

ColtsHappy
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hey All

Fairly new on the board here, so I can't start a new thread, but I thought this was as good a place as any to post this with respect to Avery.

I haven't seen this mentioned or posted anywhere - so please forgive if it has been....

As far as physical stature goes - has anyone else noticed that we seem to be grooming (to my immense delight) three Marvin Harrisons?

Avery 5'11" 200 lbs
Brazil 5'11" 191 lbs
Hilton 5'9" 183 lbs

Harrison 6' 175" lbs

Allo four lightning quick!

It tickles me.

ColtsHappy

#52 Matticusp83

Matticusp83
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

has any one else noticed how in the past few games Luck has thrown deep balls for Avery and he has laid out to catch them and almost every time some one make contact with is helmet and they almost never get the flag for it? anyone else noticed or am i crazy

#53 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3347 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

That deep catch by Avery tonight was sic! Perfectly thrown by Luck and he went up and got it. Big boy catch.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#54 Indy3117

Indy3117
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hey guys,

New poster here. I have been a Colts fan all of my life. I really like what we have going here with our recievers. I think Donnie Avery has really started showing that speed that he has been said to have. He is a big play guy, and I have a feeling that Luck and Avery will be a deadly combo for years here. I was skeptical when the Colts grabbed him in free agency at first, but it seems to have paid off. Go Colts!

#55 cjrulli

cjrulli
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

He had one very nice grab that was almost picked, than dropped the perfect throw that was in his hands. Ahhh I love to see them building chemistry, just have to work on the focus.

#56 dw49

dw49
  • 3473 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

He had one very nice grab that was almost picked, than dropped the perfect throw that was in his hands. Ahhh I love to see them building chemistry, just have to work on the focus.

I think he might have been jostled just enough before the ball reached his hands. Tough PI for the refs to call after so many tough calls went against the Jags , but I think he was inpeded.

#57 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16344 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Avery is the second best WR we have, he is a game changer

#58 Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman
  • 912 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Another bad week of drops for us as a team, and Avery's would-be bomb was one of them. Hope he gets it out of his system along with the rest of the guys (heck, even Reggie dropped one today). Still love the vertical threat he gives us, DA just needs to reel those in.

#59 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Reggie dropped two back to back. It happens even to the greats.

#60 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

I have enjoyed Avery's play so far this season, even with the drops.

Most people, including myself, were questioning how fast and how durable he was coming off the ACL.

Avery and Hilton are the 2 guys that help stretch the field for Luck and helps Luck with the highest passing yards per attempt in the league.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#61 HireBruceArians

HireBruceArians
  • 1498 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hey All

Fairly new on the board here, so I can't start a new thread, but I thought this was as good a place as any to post this with respect to Avery.

I haven't seen this mentioned or posted anywhere - so please forgive if it has been....

As far as physical stature goes - has anyone else noticed that we seem to be grooming (to my immense delight) three Marvin Harrisons?

Avery 5'11" 200 lbs
Brazil 5'11" 191 lbs
Hilton 5'9" 183 lbs

Harrison 6' 175" lbs

Allo four lightning quick!

It tickles me.

ColtsHappy

lol at Marvin being 6 foot. He's barely 5'9, with shoes. It always cracked me up when they listed him as being that tall

#62 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9069 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

has any one else noticed how in the past few games Luck has thrown deep balls for Avery and he has laid out to catch them and almost every time some one make contact with is helmet and they almost never get the flag for it? anyone else noticed or am i crazy

You're not the only one. But he made up for the Deep Drop by making the Jump ball grab that Luck threw beautifully over Aaron Ross' Fingers

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#63 ProblChld32

ProblChld32
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

I thought Avery made a pretty good contribution today.

I agree besides that second deep shot down field that should have been caught he was very productive, I just want to see him become consistent on those vertical routes, if he's able to do that our Offense becomes an unstoppable force.

#64 HireBruceArians

HireBruceArians
  • 1498 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

I agree besides that second deep shot down field that should have been caught he was very productive, I just want to see him become consistent on those vertical routes, if he's able to do that our Offense becomes an unstoppable force.

I'm just glad he's even been this effective in our offense so far. Most had him written off as a has-been before the season started

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates