Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Avery

krunk

It's kinda sad because this seems to follow Avery. He would have these type of games for the rams, and when he started to click with Bradford he would get hurt. I hope he shakes it off and is back on the field sooner than later. I think Hilton is capable of filling in, though. I did notice that in this dolphin's game, even with some of the drops that happened, they seem to be building chemistry with Luck.

Hopefully Avery is good to go Thursday. He's really been a nice target for Luck and if anything he helps keep the safety on his side deep.

Brazill reminds me A LOT of Reggie when he was a rookie. He's got good hands and is a fairly decent route runner. He's gonna be one of those guys that when everything clicks for him and he gets playing time he's going to shine.

I still think Avery needs to be kept for next year and just keep letting these guys grow with Luck. There isn't any reason for the Colts to target a WR next year. Keep it rolling with these guys and our TE's. It wouldn't surprise me if Reggie is still playing for the Colts after his current contract is up. He looks like a young man out there and is playing at such a high level.

Brazil did drop a pass and was out of place in another. Avery should play and the injury problem hasn't really been a issue this year. It's really just been his hands and timing with Luck. Remember we run the same offense the steelers had. Avery fills the Mike Wallace role of going deep and running slants with an occasional stop/comeback route. He will be fine.

Hey All

Fairly new on the board here, so I can't start a new thread, but I thought this was as good a place as any to post this with respect to Avery.

I haven't seen this mentioned or posted anywhere - so please forgive if it has been....

As far as physical stature goes - has anyone else noticed that we seem to be grooming (to my immense delight) three Marvin Harrisons?

Avery 5'11" 200 lbs

Brazil 5'11" 191 lbs

Hilton 5'9" 183 lbs

Harrison 6' 175" lbs

Allo four lightning quick!

It tickles me.

ColtsHappy

Hey guys,

New poster here. I have been a Colts fan all of my life. I really like what we have going here with our recievers. I think Donnie Avery has really started showing that speed that he has been said to have. He is a big play guy, and I have a feeling that Luck and Avery will be a deadly combo for years here. I was skeptical when the Colts grabbed him in free agency at first, but it seems to have paid off. Go Colts!

He had one very nice grab that was almost picked, than dropped the perfect throw that was in his hands. Ahhh I love to see them building chemistry, just have to work on the focus.

I think he might have been jostled just enough before the ball reached his hands. Tough PI for the refs to call after so many tough calls went against the Jags , but I think he was inpeded.

I have enjoyed Avery's play so far this season, even with the drops.

Most people, including myself, were questioning how fast and how durable he was coming off the ACL.

Avery and Hilton are the 2 guys that help stretch the field for Luck and helps Luck with the highest passing yards per attempt in the league.

Hey All

Fairly new on the board here, so I can't start a new thread, but I thought this was as good a place as any to post this with respect to Avery.

I haven't seen this mentioned or posted anywhere - so please forgive if it has been....

As far as physical stature goes - has anyone else noticed that we seem to be grooming (to my immense delight) three Marvin Harrisons?

Avery 5'11" 200 lbs

Brazil 5'11" 191 lbs

Hilton 5'9" 183 lbs

Harrison 6' 175" lbs

Allo four lightning quick!

It tickles me.

ColtsHappy

lol at Marvin being 6 foot. He's barely 5'9, with shoes. It always cracked me up when they listed him as being that tall

has any one else noticed how in the past few games Luck has thrown deep balls for Avery and he has laid out to catch them and almost every time some one make contact with is helmet and they almost never get the flag for it? anyone else noticed or am i crazy

You're not the only one. But he made up for the Deep Drop by making the Jump ball grab that Luck threw beautifully over Aaron Ross' Fingers

I thought Avery made a pretty good contribution today.

I agree besides that second deep shot down field that should have been caught he was very productive, I just want to see him become consistent on those vertical routes, if he's able to do that our Offense becomes an unstoppable force.

I agree besides that second deep shot down field that should have been caught he was very productive, I just want to see him become consistent on those vertical routes, if he's able to do that our Offense becomes an unstoppable force.

I'm just glad he's even been this effective in our offense so far. Most had him written off as a has-been before the season started