Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krunk

Avery

64 posts in this topic

Any word on how hurt he may or may not be.

I'm hoping all he had was the wind knocked out of him. Otherwise, I haven't heard anything.

Anyone else? And yes, he played a very, very good game today....

1 person likes this

Indeed. He did have a good game today. Glad to see it, he's been kinda invisible lately.

Still had A LOT of drops from everyone but Wayne. Its about time Avery started pulling his own weight.

I did too. He was able to get YAC which in my opinion is the most important stat for a receiver. It does help when you a playing one of the lower end secondaries though.

1 person likes this

He and Luck FINALLY connected on the deep ball. I think Luck and the receivers are getting comfortable with each other now. Not nearly as many under/over throws as we've seen in previous weeks.

1 person likes this

It was tough for me to listening to him screaming in pain.

Yah I heard him too and just the sound you know he was in pain. I kept watching for a replay to see what was going on. Maybe the DB caught him with a knee to the ribs? Or hopefully it was just the wind but he was grabbing the side of his stomach near his ribs. . .

Avery is a frustrating one, sometimes looks like the genuine #2 receiver other times not so much. Can't knock a 100 yard game though, even if there were plenty of passing yards going around.

He beat double coverage a couple times yesterday. He was behind the secondary by 8 yeards on one play but Luck didn't have time to hit him. I think their working out their timing issues!

He must have been using stick-um, because that is the first time I saw him have hands all season.

1 person likes this

Still had A LOT of drops from everyone but Wayne. Its about time Avery started pulling his own weight.

He's not far off a 1000 yard season going by his numbers so far. His first season with this team, and with a rookie QB. He's doing just fine thank you very much.

2 people like this

He has had a great season esp. coming of a major knee injury that cost him nearly 2 years

Avery has shown VERY GOOD hands this season

More Id... posts here as usual.

There is a lot to be said for big physical receivers tho.

It looked like the CB kneed him in the stomach to me. Not sure how he hurt his hip.

I would guess it's a bruised hip if anything, that was a brutal collision.

Avery has shown VERY GOOD hands this season

More Id... posts here as usual.

There is a lot to be said for big physical receivers tho.

That is sarcasm right?

That is sarcasm right? He is #2 in the NFL in dropped passes.

Ouch! I didn't realize he was associated with that stat. :(

Ouch! I didn't realize he was associated with that stat. :(

He's not apparently, I edited my post, he actually only has 1 official dropped pass, but I saw at least 2 in the Jets game alone, so I'm not sure how that's graded.

Avery has surprised me this year we might have gotten a steal getting him. He is much better than I thought but TY Hilton has really caught my eye

Avery has hip injury according to ESPN.

Not another hip injury! If it's the same as it was in pre-season then he may be gone for about 2 games or so. Hopefully it's not serious

Not another hip injury! If it's the same as it was in pre-season then he may be gone for about 2 games or so. Hopefully it's not serious

I hope, he will be back. He is a speedster on the turf, and Luck can make a good use of his speed now. I mean he can utilize it...no underthrowing.

I hope, he will be back. He is a speedster on the turf, and Luck can make a good use of his speed now. I mean he can utilize it...no underthrowing.

Exactly! Execution, Execution, Execution. Hopefully we'll get some good news on him

He's not far off a 1000 yard season going by his numbers so far. His first season with this team, and with a rookie QB. He's doing just fine thank you very much.

Avery isnt anywhere near 1,000 yards. He would be doing alot better if he could catch the ball. And the rookie QB arguement is mute considering we are talking about drops (the WRs fault). He has had perfect passes in his hands and he cant hold on to them.

Avery isnt anywhere near 1,000 yards. He would be doing alot better if he could catch the ball. And the rookie QB arguement is mute considering we are talking about drops (the WRs fault). He has had perfect passes in his hands and he cant hold on to them.

Extrapolate his numbers, Luck is inaccurate. Count his drops. Over.

1 person likes this

I think that poster is saying Avery projects to having 1,000 yards by the end of the season. He's not there now, but he may be by week 17.

Hope that clarifies...

On that long pass, he split the DB's and just ran right by them. A big physical receiver can't do that but a really, really fast one can. Luck is now getting his timing down on the long ball and that will change everything on our offense. I think the Miami game is exactly what Grigson envisioned when he drafted Hilton, Brazil, Fleener and grabbed Avery. Speed kills.

Avery has looked much better than anyone could have expected..... the guy would have three more touchdown catches had he not been under/overthrown... now that the chemistry is starting to gel, I think Avery will fulfill the promise of his draft position, barring injury

2 people like this

@mchappell51: #colts WR donnie avery (hip) at practice today. has a chance to play vs. Jax. Definitely out: jerraud powers, vontae davis, coby fleener

1 person likes this

Hopefully Avery plays, Not sure if I like Hilton being the number 2 wr not sure about Brazill either

Hilton is fine at number two. We can have wayne hilton and allen getting most targets

That catch over the middle by Avery was CRAZY! In my opinon the ref should have tacked on another 15 yrd for the face mask. It technicaly wasn't a face mask as the defender actually grabed the top of his helmet from behind! Still jerked his head straight back and could have caused a neck injury.

I like Avery, he brings a big play capability and still is able to catch the short stuff.

if TY pans out (i guess we will know with another season) we could have a deadly, deep attack; Wayne taking the underneath stuff with Allen and Avery TY taking deep shots down the sidelines and Fleener exploiting deep seams.

and i also kinda Like Brazil, he is like a well rounded WR who is not the fastest but has plenty speed and can get open.