Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krunk

Avery

64 posts in this topic

Any word on how hurt he may or may not be.

I'm hoping all he had was the wind knocked out of him. Otherwise, I haven't heard anything.

Anyone else? And yes, he played a very, very good game today....

1 person likes this

Indeed. He did have a good game today. Glad to see it, he's been kinda invisible lately.

Still had A LOT of drops from everyone but Wayne. Its about time Avery started pulling his own weight.

I did too. He was able to get YAC which in my opinion is the most important stat for a receiver. It does help when you a playing one of the lower end secondaries though.

1 person likes this

He and Luck FINALLY connected on the deep ball. I think Luck and the receivers are getting comfortable with each other now. Not nearly as many under/over throws as we've seen in previous weeks.

1 person likes this

It was tough for me to listening to him screaming in pain.

Yah I heard him too and just the sound you know he was in pain. I kept watching for a replay to see what was going on. Maybe the DB caught him with a knee to the ribs? Or hopefully it was just the wind but he was grabbing the side of his stomach near his ribs. . .

Avery is a frustrating one, sometimes looks like the genuine #2 receiver other times not so much. Can't knock a 100 yard game though, even if there were plenty of passing yards going around.

He beat double coverage a couple times yesterday. He was behind the secondary by 8 yeards on one play but Luck didn't have time to hit him. I think their working out their timing issues!

He must have been using stick-um, because that is the first time I saw him have hands all season.

1 person likes this

Still had A LOT of drops from everyone but Wayne. Its about time Avery started pulling his own weight.

He's not far off a 1000 yard season going by his numbers so far. His first season with this team, and with a rookie QB. He's doing just fine thank you very much.

2 people like this

He has had a great season esp. coming of a major knee injury that cost him nearly 2 years

Avery has shown VERY GOOD hands this season

More Id... posts here as usual.

There is a lot to be said for big physical receivers tho.

It looked like the CB kneed him in the stomach to me. Not sure how he hurt his hip.

I would guess it's a bruised hip if anything, that was a brutal collision.

Avery has shown VERY GOOD hands this season

More Id... posts here as usual.

There is a lot to be said for big physical receivers tho.

That is sarcasm right?

That is sarcasm right? He is #2 in the NFL in dropped passes.

Ouch! I didn't realize he was associated with that stat. :(

Ouch! I didn't realize he was associated with that stat. :(

He's not apparently, I edited my post, he actually only has 1 official dropped pass, but I saw at least 2 in the Jets game alone, so I'm not sure how that's graded.

Avery has surprised me this year we might have gotten a steal getting him. He is much better than I thought but TY Hilton has really caught my eye

Avery has hip injury according to ESPN.

Not another hip injury! If it's the same as it was in pre-season then he may be gone for about 2 games or so. Hopefully it's not serious

Not another hip injury! If it's the same as it was in pre-season then he may be gone for about 2 games or so. Hopefully it's not serious

I hope, he will be back. He is a speedster on the turf, and Luck can make a good use of his speed now. I mean he can utilize it...no underthrowing.

I hope, he will be back. He is a speedster on the turf, and Luck can make a good use of his speed now. I mean he can utilize it...no underthrowing.

Exactly! Execution, Execution, Execution. Hopefully we'll get some good news on him

He's not far off a 1000 yard season going by his numbers so far. His first season with this team, and with a rookie QB. He's doing just fine thank you very much.

Avery isnt anywhere near 1,000 yards. He would be doing alot better if he could catch the ball. And the rookie QB arguement is mute considering we are talking about drops (the WRs fault). He has had perfect passes in his hands and he cant hold on to them.

Avery isnt anywhere near 1,000 yards. He would be doing alot better if he could catch the ball. And the rookie QB arguement is mute considering we are talking about drops (the WRs fault). He has had perfect passes in his hands and he cant hold on to them.

Extrapolate his numbers, Luck is inaccurate. Count his drops. Over.

1 person likes this

I think that poster is saying Avery projects to having 1,000 yards by the end of the season. He's not there now, but he may be by week 17.

Hope that clarifies...

On that long pass, he split the DB's and just ran right by them. A big physical receiver can't do that but a really, really fast one can. Luck is now getting his timing down on the long ball and that will change everything on our offense. I think the Miami game is exactly what Grigson envisioned when he drafted Hilton, Brazil, Fleener and grabbed Avery. Speed kills.

Avery has looked much better than anyone could have expected..... the guy would have three more touchdown catches had he not been under/overthrown... now that the chemistry is starting to gel, I think Avery will fulfill the promise of his draft position, barring injury

2 people like this

@mchappell51: #colts WR donnie avery (hip) at practice today. has a chance to play vs. Jax. Definitely out: jerraud powers, vontae davis, coby fleener

1 person likes this

Hopefully Avery plays, Not sure if I like Hilton being the number 2 wr not sure about Brazill either

Hilton is fine at number two. We can have wayne hilton and allen getting most targets

That catch over the middle by Avery was CRAZY! In my opinon the ref should have tacked on another 15 yrd for the face mask. It technicaly wasn't a face mask as the defender actually grabed the top of his helmet from behind! Still jerked his head straight back and could have caused a neck injury.

I like Avery, he brings a big play capability and still is able to catch the short stuff.

if TY pans out (i guess we will know with another season) we could have a deadly, deep attack; Wayne taking the underneath stuff with Allen and Avery TY taking deep shots down the sidelines and Fleener exploiting deep seams.

and i also kinda Like Brazil, he is like a well rounded WR who is not the fastest but has plenty speed and can get open.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Position Depth Comfort Level
      What?     If anyone can do it, and AV can kick a 50 yd FG, proving his leg strength, then why would you doubt his ability to fill in for McAfee?
    • Add 2 players to the Colts- 1 on offense and 1 on defense
      HAHA! Wow, sorry for wasting so much of your precious time guys.    I guess, thanks for keeping your responses so short?  At least you only wasted 5 sec of my time as opposed to the 30 sec I apparently wasted of yours...   I'll try to be more like BOTT from now on and just post 1-2 sentence insults when I don't agree with someone. 
    • Position Depth Comfort Level
      First of all this is difficult to grade before we know who is even on the roster. That being said I'm not sure how looking at the options CB isn't the biggest area of concern on the team right there with S. Compared to those two spots OLB isn't so bad and TE.is good.   TE- Allen is a solid all around starter and Doyle a solid back up. We will have a young guy with a lot of potential sitting 3rd on the depth chart. That will be whoever wins what should be a good 3 way camp battle Griswold Swoope or Miller. Gone are the 2 TE sets. I don't see tight as a huge concern. If need be we can add a 3rd stringer during cuts.    Compared to the back end we aren't so bad at OLB. We have proven starters Cole/Mathis and Walden.  We don't know what we have behind them. We may not have anyone behind Walden or Okine maybe Thompson emerge. If Maggitt can get healthy he could help. Bates will be in the mix. A lot of questions at OLB after the starters. The back end we get to questions before we get past the starters.    S we have Adams a solid starter but age and injury concerns have to be high. Geathers is unproven. It has yet to be seen how he will handle the full time job. We don't know what's behind them. Green and Southward both have the measurables to be very good. McClure showed flashes at Cal. We know Guy his value is mainly on ST's. Lots of questions at S.    CB IMO is worse. Davis when healthy we know has the goods. Robinson during his career has been very inconsistent on the outside. Last year he was one of the best CB's in the league in the slot. We brought him to play outside. Butler was as bad in the slot last year as he is when asked to play outside. When targeted in the slot he gave up a 118 passer rating. We have one guy who can play outside a guy who can play the slot and Butler who looked shot last year. Behind those 3 are only questions.    We have Smith we hope. He's hasn't even shown he can play on Sunday's. Brown who had a terrific camp and preseason last year. He came off the tracks when it got real and ended up on the IR by week 4. Maybe another off season with Pagano and he can carry his preseason play to Sunday. Beyond that Mitchel and Glover-Wright have good size but no experience both have been in the league for a year. Then we have UDFA's. The 2 I like are Milton and Wright. It would not be surprised if one found their way on to the team but that is more about who's in front of them than anything Both are good candidates for the PS.    The back end to me is the biggest question mark on the team. It's not even close.     
    • Peyton Manning was nearly a titan in 2012
      I Wish he would have signed with them. I doubt the Titans would have kept us from winning our division AND Wound'tnow have Mariota in our division
    • Seen Any Good Movies Lately? Rental Or New Release...Share Your Insights/Reviews Please...
      What's your definition of a quisling or a traitor to the natl. security of the United States? What's your definition of a First Amendment advocate? Can both definitions apply to the same individual? Where does protection begin & privacy end? These are all fundamental questions tackled in the picture that won Best Documentary at the 2015 Academy Of Motion Pictures Awards. I have now watched "CitizenFour" twice over the extended vacation weekend directed by Laura Poitras. It runs just under 2 hours in length coming in at 1 hour & 50 minutes. Who is "CitizenFour you ask? Edward Snowden. Now, before I go any further, I realize this is a politically sensitive subject that I promise to handle appropriately. Translation: It's not my job to blame any Presidential Administration, intelligence community agency either in North America or overseas, or condemn any senator or dept. head by name. My only objective here is to chronicle for my audience the director's vision or direction & whether I subscribe to that approach or not as a finished cinematic piece.    Plotline: After 911, the Department of Homeland Security was developed & the President was tasked with keeping her nation's citizens safe & secure from any other terrorist attacks on her soil. Various intelligence agencies thru "The Patriot Act" were permitted to monitor & track the activities of suspicious people who might be up to no good meaning crippling our economy & instilling fear in our country's population thru more violent & sustained attacks via sleeper cells who remain dormant until they are motivated to make their presence known. Let me rephrase that, surveillance used to require approval thru the FISA court before any person could be wiretapped over their landline, cell phone, web browser searches, & Amazon purchases we routinely make online from our computer laptops. But now, the world is different & different doesn't necessarily mean better or safer.    In June of 2013, both the director of this film Laura Poitras & a reporter working for the Guardian newspaper named Glenn Greenwald are contacted by Edward Snowden anonymously via an encrypted email. Edward worked for a military contractor on loan from the NSA [National Security Agency] stationed in Hawaii. Edward wasn't comfortable with what the federal government was doing in the name of natl. security. His clearance gave his access to drone strikes footage & billions & billions of digital data capturing internet traffic & phone records on all it's citizens without their knowledge, permission, or approval. In other words, data is being accumulated on every person in the US treating them like common criminals before any form of probable cause to monitor them has been legally established to warrant "Big Brother" watching you in the first place. Who watches the watchers in the intelligence community thru the NSA to ensure that no civil right abuses take place? Hmmm...   James R. Clapper, the former head of NSA, even promises senators on the Armed Services Committee behind closed doors that the intelligence community would never illegally tap her own citizens without going thru legal FISA court protocol first. Edward Snowden disagrees with that Clapper claim since he himself used 2 programs called PRISM & Tempora almost daily to track US citizens without their permission. Both Prism & Tempora are like metadata trojan horses where firewalls are penetrated & digital confidential records are intercepted, duplicated, copied, & re-routed back to NSA faculties such as 1 in Utah where countless NSA officials comb thru reams of data looking for any form of communication that might indicate harm against the US either as a target with a high rate of human causalities is imminent or cutting off a terrorist group's revenue steam. Edward went on to tell Laura & Glenn that the federal government via the NSA is accumulating billions of data on every citizen innocent or not without asking them. The NSA often demands that companies like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Google, Yahoo, FaceBook, You Tube, & Hotmail turn over all their customer correspondence with no questions asked under the umbrella of Natl. security & safety or the NSA will put in technology in Brazil to steal information on world leaders they can't obtain legally thru the justice system or a foreign court.    Even if we ignore the privacy violations for just a moment, how would the NSA be able to shift thru mountains of data on every person state side & abroad? How would any intelligence agency the FBI, or the CIA be able to determine a legitimate threat from an imagined one or some crazy person just talking a good game but would never do anything life threatening to anyone? Too much information is just as catastrophic as barely any actionable intelligence. Also, what's to stop say an NSA agent who just got dumped by his girlfriend from falsely classifying her a terrorist on the no fly list & thereby denying her access to a mortgage for a new house, a loan for a new car, & a lousy credit score getting her fired from her job & being passed over for a promotion she wants & deserves? Answer: Nothing. Think about that for a second. It's scary & bone chilling.    Jacob Applebaum, a civil rights advocate, talked at length about how all data is linked now from debit cards, to credit cards, to Metro passes, to bank records, to fingerprint & retina databases, to online purchases. When your Amazon webpage says welcome back Steve & gives you recommendations, it's tracking you. Couple that google earth & GPS pinpoint accuracy on your cell phone & it hits you that with delivery updates on items you're waiting for that a person can only remain off the grid & under the NSA radar for so long. With social security numbers & multiple access points to confidential information, there's really no where to run longterm. Mr. Snowden knows this.    Edward meets Laura & Glenn in NY City & then they all fly to Hong Kong, China. Once we meet Edward, he's not all that imposing. Just a tall skinny guy in a white t-shirt with blond hair & wearing glasses. He tells Glenn the reason for whistle-blowing on the NSA. In his view, the federal government is supposed to observe a system of checks & balances where no agency can illegally listen, record, & watch it's native population with no provocation or oversight whatsoever simply because 9/11 took place. A landmark event even a tragedy shouldn't give the NSA to do whatever the hades it wants because security now warrants a suspension of civil liberties on a massive scale. In addition, back door access to online communications is never a good idea because if illegal surveillance becomes commonplace among nations what safety & security does any citizen really have to express themselves freely without stern retaliation by those intelligence agencies upset that their secret monitoring program has been exposed & brought to light?    Over the course of 8 days in June, we sit in a Hong Kong hotel room with Edward as he shows Laura & Glenn various NSA documents revealing the depth & magnitude of America's spying on her own citizens to foil another terrorist attack. However, it's like locking up Japanese American citizens after Pearl Harbor during the Second World War who did nothing to warrant the internment treatment they received. Citizenship doesn't mean a darn thing if high ranking officials can randomly decide at the drop of a hat who is an enemy without any proof or evidence at all. Plus, secret surveillance of a person's entire phone, e-mail, & internet traffic on a massive scale is hardly fostering an atmosphere of trust between it's population & elected public servants supposedly working on behalf of the collective public good.    It's interesting  to hear Edward Snowden talk out loud about what his decision to be a whistle blower has done to his girlfriend Lindsay Mills. She doesn't hate him or anything like that. It's more of what the feds & NSA are doing to her financially--interfering with Snowden's ability to pay his monthly rent, tearing their place apart trying to ascertain his whereabouts, & making her life unpleasant just to upset him & ruffle his feathers emotionally. Edward knew what the risks were & what disclosing classified information after he signed a non-disclosure act really entails. He knew he might never see his parents alive again & face criminal prosecution under a WWI Espionage Act designed to label spies enemy agents of the state not entitled to Constitutional protections if he was arrested by the feds prior to gaining political asylum in another country with no extradition treaty in place that is fully enforced. There's a scene in the film where Ed removes a computer chip from the hotel phone, tells Glenn how modern phones can be switched on & transformed into instant listening devices with no bureaucratic tape to file or cut, & is nervous about an unexpected fire alarm going off in the hotel just hours before Glenn is about to publish his 1st feature column in the Guardian disclosing the existence of the PRISM program & the NSA's firm persuasion tactics designed to convince telecom & online companies to share billions of client traffic bypassing legal channels thru the courts just to preserve natl. security without a customer's awareness or even approval.    There's another fascinating sequence where ED informs Glenn that he needs to reveal his true identity & not hide in the shadows anymore. CNN & all the major news networks now have a name to go with a face. CitizenFour was Snowden's username & call sign in all his encrypted correspondence with Laura & Glenn from the very beginning BTW. ED knows he can't lay low very long from either the President or the intelligence community via the NSA. Glenn is worried that being shown on screen & not being under the radar anymore that it will help the US Government find him faster & lead to his eventual longterm incarceration. Snowden however belies that by showing the world who he is & what he stands for that he almost becomes a martyr impossible to kill & throw away the key now. Discredit & humiliate socially sure, but permanently eliminate no.   Julian Assange, the Founder of Wiki-Leaks, gets Snowden safely out of China, but the US Government red flags his passport, but not before Vladimir Putin, the President Of Russia, grants him asylum in Moscow for 1 yr first. Lindsay Mills is reunited with Edward shortly thereafter in the Kremlin. I still think Putin did that to antagonize our Commander-In-Chief but I have no way to confirm or verify that fact personally of course. It does make you wonder what Putin will do going forward though. Renew Snowden's refugee status in a foreign land, revoke it, or fly him on a diplomatic plane that no American official can board to a country where Edward can never be brought back to the US by force or international treaty. A huge question mark.    Whether you view Mr. Snowden a traitor for distributing NSA documents documenting spying on all American citizens violating 1st Amendment rights or see him as a brave crusader against government tyranny calling for an end to privacy with no transparency or legal approved remedies is up to my audience on a reader by reader basis. All we know for sure is this: If you royally tick off Uncle Sam, the whole intelligence community is going rein down on the whistle blower like a ton of bricks. There will be blood, backlash, & hades to pay for the rest of that person's life. No escaping that quagmire no matter what Mr. Snowden does.    Given the significance of surveillance & how crucially disturbing confidential in the wrong hands can be, let's bestow an A+ on this film since there are no easy solutions to keeping a nation's demographic population intact & free from harm.   Always asking yourself: Who watches the watchers in the intelligence community?          PS: It's worthing noting that Mr. Snowden didn't divulge the identity of any NSA agents or military operations in the files he handed over to Laura & Glenn. Only matters that dealt with an invasion of personal privacy via illegal wiretapping was released to the general public on a closely vetted pattern without putting an armed forces life at risk. 
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• colts1993

colts1993 37

• HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan 1,404

• kschrock88

kschrock88 1

Rookie
    • ClaytonColt

ClaytonColt 80

• Kirie89

Kirie89 14

• akcolt

akcolt 1,551

• AndyColt

AndyColt 23

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.