Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best game by the O-line...ever

Brooklyn Colt

Yeah I thought this was realy the first game the O-line performed pretty well in pass blocking. You saw what Luck could do when he didnt have guys draped all over him all day.

If we can get healthy on D this team just might pull it off and go from worst to playoffs.

Yeah I thought this was realy the first game the O-line performed pretty well in pass blocking. You saw what Luck could do when he didnt have guys draped all over him all day.

If we can get healthy on D this team just might pull it off and go from worst to playoffs.

And even when he did have people draped all over him he still came up with huge first down throws. The only mistake he made was when he should have been picked off

Against one of the better D-lines in the league..Luck had time to throw which turned into a record breaking performance..didnt do so great running the ball but we were able to close out the game by pounding the rock..salute to the O-line they came up huge today!

I cant say I thought Miami was one of the league's better defensive lines...that was hype.

..and we didnt run for even 100 yards

...but I was happy because our line was shorthanded and make shift..

....this was a great victory and we now real are playoff contenders

At full strength and well motivated, we have a very workable O-line. Reitz played well at LG, and Justice handled Cammy Wake admirably. Best game for our O-line I have seen in a long time. Only hope Satele and Justice will be healthy for next week.

yea I kind of felt a little guilty about being happy to see Shipley on the field while Satale was being helped off....I know I wasn't the only one......

I gave a small smirk, not that Satele is bad, I just get so much of a better feeling from Shipley. He plays hard, and makes me feel like he has such a high ceiling.

I cant say I thought Miami was one of the league's better defensive lines...that was hype.

..and we didnt run for even 100 yards

...but I was happy because our line was shorthanded and make shift..

....this was a great victory and we now real are playoff contenders

Miami having one of the best D-lines in the league is not hype it is a known fact..and we were three yards short of 100 so that's good enough for me..

This was the best game from the O-line this year... in regards of the passing game. They didn't allow much, besides a sack and a few pressures, but the pocket was there. It's even more impressive that this was against a very good D-line with pro bowlers.

Run blocking wise, it was a bit of struggle. I don't think it was the best performance from them all year, but it's up there.

This was the best game from the O-line this year... in regards of the passing game. They didn't allow much, besides a sack and a few pressures, but the pocket was there. It's even more impressive that this was against a very good D-line with pro bowlers.

Run blocking wise, it was a bit of struggle. I don't think it was the best performance from them all year, but it's up there.

The Dolphins if im not wrong has one of the best running defenses in the NFL

yea I kind of felt a little guilty about being happy to see Shipley on the field while Satale was being helped off....I know I wasn't the only one......

I was in that boat with you. Don't wish for injury to Satele but I wanted to see Shipley anchor the center spot, he just seems stronger to me.

At full strength and well motivated, we have a very workable O-line. Reitz played well at LG, and Justice handled Cammy Wake admirably. Best game for our O-line I have seen in a long time. Only hope Satele and Justice will be healthy for next week.

I'm not worried about Satele, Shipley has done wonderful. Now Sowell playing for Justice has me worried even though I told his wife that he played well yesterday (they sat in front of us) and I suppose he did alright, but I'm not comfortable with him

Miami fans are complaining that our O line just held the whole game and thats why they lost. Guess they never seen a Colts game the last few years with Freeney and Mathis getting held every play.

LOL I guess they looked away during their offensive possessions.

Miami fans are complaining that our O line just held the whole game and thats why they lost. Guess they never seen a Colts game the last few years with Freeney and Mathis getting held every play.

They need to look at 98% of Freeney action photos.....the guy is held everytime he isn't blowing past the O-Lineman.

I agree even after Satele left they kept up good play. Just have one question. Carter is a much bigger, physical back than Ballard, he averaged 3.9 with one good gainer for 9. Ballard on the other hand averaged just 3.8 but that included the 16 yarder where the O line carried him for a first down. Just feel Carter would have been better in short yard situations. Maybe Ballard is a better pass rush defender, but Carter is 35 lbs heavier and has good speed.

Miami having one of the best D-lines in the league is not hype it is a known fact..and we were three yards short of 100 so that's good enough for me..

Well, you sort of have to look at the bigger picture here. If you look at who they've played thus far you'd see that, besides the Texans, we're one of the best run offenses they've played yet.

Call it parity or luck of the schedule, but they're untested at best. The numbers are deceiving in my opinion.

That being said, I think we've played each game a bit better than the previous, but we're getting to the part of the schedule where we'll start meeting the veteran teams. That's when we'll really see how much we have progressed. Playoffs can still be there for us but we have to continue to play more consistsntly. i don't expect the Pats, Lions, or Texans to commit the same errors that Miami and the Titans have made the past couple of weeks.

-d.