Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco Game Review, Key Injuries, PEYTON LEADS ANOTHER 4th Qrtr comback as 2-4th qrtr TD throws, win 30-23 (congrats Colts & luck passing record)

bayone

Brains & Speed with enough punching power overcomes braun & stupidity of the ear bitter

They said the same thing about George Foreman Punching aweness , man i saw him destroy Frazier so fast at Nassau Coliseum, when he lost to Ali I was amazed and happy, Ali just adapted to beat his style

amazing thing is, he joked around to much in early rounds when lost first fight to Frazier, yet Frazier ended up in hospital for longer than ali if remember right

Ali Also lost what probably would have been peak years of speed & punch according to historians when he was exiled from the sport

A very well written post Barry, especially the 2 lines that I bolded in Colts Horseshoe Blue. Yes absolutely, speed, intellect, & knowing when to strike your opponent/wear them down psychologically is far more important than braun & sheer power. Also, Ali's strong beliefs in the Nation Of Islam falsely got him labeled a rebel/trouble maker, which in turn, cut his professional boxing career short. A tragedy IMHO.

Brains & Speed with enough punching power overcomes braun & stupidity of the ear bitter

They said the same thing about George Foreman Punching aweness , man i saw him destroy Frazier so fast at Nassau Coliseum, when he lost to Ali I was amazed and happy, Ali just adapted to beat his style

amazing thing is, he joked around to much in early rounds when lost first fight to Frazier, yet Frazier ended up in hospital for longer than ali if remember right

Ali Also lost what probably would have been peak years of speed & punch according to historians when he was exiled from the sport

A very well written post Barry, especially the 2 lines that I bolded in Colts Horseshoe Blue. Yes absolutely, speed, intellect, & knowing when to strike your opponent/wear them down psychologically is far more important than braun & sheer power.

Also, Ali's strong beliefs in the Nation Of Islam falsely got him labeled a rebel/trouble maker, which in turn, cut his professional boxing career short. A tragedy IMHO.

That, draft dodger accusation Vs conscientious objector is also parts of what I refer to in bold above as the exile years where he was hitting peak stride in combo & speed that we never got to see, then the wars with frazier esp but others too after that missing period slowly took something of of wjhat he had left away

another analogy Peytons arm strength this year and his balls fluttering as many a wwriter said early on especially , YET the balls still get there in tight spots and plenty catchable as his mind dissects the D

Re Holiday

But what Holliday also has is what scouts call "long speed." As in he isn't just fast for 40 yards, or 50, or even 60. No, Holliday is as fast as the field is long.

one of the fastest 40-yard dashes in combine history — electronically timed at 4.29 seconds — which is tied with several players as the third fastest since electronic timing was first used in 1999.

Holliday was tough enough to have been a running back at LSU.

Read more:Broncos see plenty of potential in speedy Trindon Holliday - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...y#ixzz2BTVDruc0

That, draft dodger accusation Vs conscientious objector is also parts of what I refer to in bold above as the exile years where he was hitting peak stride in combo & speed that we never got to see, then the wars with frazier esp but others too after that missing period slowly took something of of wjhat he had left away

another analogy Peytons arm strength this year and his balls fluttering as many a writer said early on especially , YET the balls still get there in tight spots and plenty catchable as his mind dissects the D

Yes Barry, Peyton Manning looks fantastic! The ball gets in the hands of the open TE or WR & #18 can still slice up opposing secondary's with the best QB's out there today. Yup, Ali being labeled a draft dodger did contribute to many people viewing his as a controversial figure early in his boxing career. So infuriating & so tragic at the same time IMO. Ali's daughter Ali Laila is a pretty good female boxer I hear too. A chip off the old block. haha

Laila_Ali.jpg

2010_12_1-2010_12_1_0_50_46-jpg-45417.jpg

Yes Barry, Peyton Manning looks fantastic! The ball gets in the hands of the open TE or WR & #18 can still slice up opposing secondary's with the best QB's out there today. Yup, Ali being labeled a draft dodger did contribute to many people viewing his as a controversial figure early in his boxing career. So infuriating & so tragic at the same time IMO. Ali's daughter Ali Laila is a pretty good female boxer I hear too. A chip off the old block. haha

hasnt fought since 07, was undefeated, beat Fraziers daughter in ali / Frazier 4 as it was billed -- never got to fight Foremans daughter -- won many a title but

. Boxing writers and fans have repeatedly expressed disappointment in Ali's ducking the top contenders throughout her career.

I saw her onn TV a few times in erarly years then lkost track

Heres her full, story, goiod read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laila_Ali