Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's First Record!

John Waylon

I said it last week, I think there is enough film now for teams to figure out how to slow down the spread zone read stuff theyve been running alot. I actually think the Redskins would be better off moving towards shanny's full up zone blocking/bootleg style offense here soon.

Weve seen it in the NFL time and time again that you really cant run that type of offense longterm. One reason it finds early success in the NFL is the fact teams dont prepare for it. But when teams have enough film to prepare its much less effective due to the speed of NFL players.

In college the spread works so well because most teams dont have the dlines or speed to disrupt it in the backfield.

Actually the zone read has been the only thing that has been working - though Pitt did do a pretty good job of defending it. (I didn't get to see today's game yet). A lot of their problem has been drops, penalties, and the fact that when they run a conventional straight drop offense, their OL deficiencies show up pretty bad. Then to top if off, their pass defense is historically bad - and London Fletcher is suddenly a below average LBer.

Actually the zone read has been the only thing that has been working - though Pitt did do a pretty good job of defending it. (I didn't get to see today's game yet). A lot of their problem has been drops, penalties, and the fact that when they run a conventional straight drop offense, their OL deficiencies show up pretty bad. Then to top if off, their pass defense is historically bad - and London Fletcher is suddenly a below average LBer.

I def. agree the D is a problem.

Shooooo I grabbed Peyton in the 1st and Luck in the 2nd. #BeastMode

I was tempted to keep Peyton (I had him on my roster all last season), but decided I'd go with the future. Plus, I figured Luck would be throwing constantly since we'd always be behind. I'll be glad to be wrong. Eventually...

Dwayne Allen is definitely showing why he was the #1 rated TE in the draft. The guy is a hoss and catches EVERYTHING. Him and Fleener are going to be a great tandem.

For some reason when we went with TE's back to back, first thing that popped in my mind was Patriots. It's funny because I can see our TE tandem putting up numbers like the Pats TE, Hilton being our Welker, and Luck obviously our Tom, but he'll be better lol.

How do these guys get these jobs? Idk how many times I heard that vontae Davis made a tackle...

Nothing this week topped Steve Tasker last week saying in over time "For those of you just tuning in this has not been the norm the Colts have not been able to run the ball all day" Up comes a stat box that says the Colts have a 175 yards rushing on the day...