Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Powers

Mr.Debonair

Powers is severly overrated by many of fellow Colts fans in my opinion, he is a nickel Corner at best, he just has very little awarenss and very sporadic play making ability, he is half decent (will make an occasional play but way to few and far between) but easily replaceable

Powers is severly overrated by many of fellow Colts fans in my opinion, he is a nickel Corner at best, he just has very little awarenss and very sporadic play making ability, he is half decent (will make an occasional play but way to few and far between) but easily replaceable

This. He showed a lot of promise as a rookie and looked good his second year... Since then, it has been largely forgettable.

Power just doesn't have speed to play man with the best of them soon as he got hurt 4 an out lol

I've said he's a nickel back as well, but it's hard to keep with that feeling when you see him getting burnt by slot players like Bess and Hartline. I guess I still think he can play the nickel, but watching todays game gave me doubts about that.

Powers has struggled the last few weeks but he has shown that he can be a viable #2 corner before that. He's having a bad stretch, but it happens. Heck Sean Smith is supposed to be a lock down corner and Luck picked on him all day today. Cornerback is probably the hardest position to appease fans. Every mistake is amplified, and to casual fans, the main measuring stick for good corner play is interceptions.

Not saying Powers played good or anything (he didn't) but people saying he absolutely can't work here are overreacting, IMO

Powers has struggled the last few weeks but he has shown that he can be a viable #2 corner before that. He's having a bad stretch, but it happens. Heck Sean Smith is supposed to be a lock down corner and Luck picked on him all day today. Cornerback is probably the hardest position to appease fans. Every mistake is amplified, and to casual fans, the main measuring stick for good corner play is interceptions.

Not saying Powers played good or anything (he didn't) but people saying he absolutely can't work here are overreacting, IMO

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't measure powers success in terms of int's rather defending the pass. This year, he has done either of the tasks well at all. I actually can relate his play to one our smurfs we used to have here and he played well in our system. He moved on to get a big contract as a man to man corner in new Orleans and us ked bigtime. Jason David ring a bell? Powers usually tackles very well and isn't afraid to help in the run defense but he does not fit in this scheme or at the very least, he is slooow at picking it up. A better pass rush would certainly help him but you don't pay a flawed cb 5-8 mil/yr. it time to either let him walk next season or give him a cheap 1 mil 1 yr contract and see if he does better with another season in the system.

Figured as much. Good to know Brown didn't injure anything else though.

Haven't found anything on Avery, so I would assume him not coming back in was a precaution is all.

Arians said Fleener and Davis were out and everybody else is day to day. I guess we will find out when they practice tomorrow