Photo

Powers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Has Jacob Lacey kidnapped Powers and put his uniform on?

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17378 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Powers is severly overrated by many of fellow Colts fans in my opinion, he is a nickel Corner at best, he just has very little awarenss and very sporadic play making ability, he is half decent (will make an occasional play but way to few and far between) but easily replaceable

#3 Andy

Andy
  • 8806 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

The whole secondary is having an off day.

Powers is having a meh day today, but he's had some very good games this year. Look at his game against Green Bay.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#4 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Not impressed with him at all today. Hartline getting way too much space.

#5 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3312 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Powers is severly overrated by many of fellow Colts fans in my opinion, he is a nickel Corner at best, he just has very little awarenss and very sporadic play making ability, he is half decent (will make an occasional play but way to few and far between) but easily replaceable

This. He showed a lot of promise as a rookie and looked good his second year... Since then, it has been largely forgettable.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#6 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 3312 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Was he benched?
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#7 jbaron04

jbaron04
  • 1384 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Power just doesn't have speed to play man with the best of them soon as he got hurt 4 an out lol

#8 krunk

krunk
  • 3261 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Has Jacob Lacey kidnapped Powers and put his uniform on?

Either Lacey or David Maclin. One of the two! Funny!!!!!!

#9 krunk

krunk
  • 3261 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I've said he's a nickel back as well, but it's hard to keep with that feeling when you see him getting burnt by slot players like Bess and Hartline. I guess I still think he can play the nickel, but watching todays game gave me doubts about that.

#10 jbaron04

jbaron04
  • 1384 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Powers should be brung back cheap to play slot we need a corner with speed an ball skills that has a little size I'm would be surprised if drc is a colt grison knows him

#11 JWF

JWF
  • 1050 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

He's not a man coverage corner. Its as simple as that.

I like Powers I just dont know if he fits longterm.

#12 Jules

Jules
  • 7402 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Can we please get Vontae back soon and keep him healthy. K, thanks.

I know he is out for this next game but we need this dude so bad it hurts. lmao

#13 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2937 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

i think powers would be better in the slot but right now we don't have anyone that can play outside except for davis.

#14 A GM

A GM
  • 1679 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Powers has struggled the last few weeks but he has shown that he can be a viable #2 corner before that. He's having a bad stretch, but it happens. Heck Sean Smith is supposed to be a lock down corner and Luck picked on him all day today. Cornerback is probably the hardest position to appease fans. Every mistake is amplified, and to casual fans, the main measuring stick for good corner play is interceptions.

Not saying Powers played good or anything (he didn't) but people saying he absolutely can't work here are overreacting, IMO

I am "A GM," ...therefore, my decisions are infallable

#15 dw49

dw49
  • 3640 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Powers went out injured. Darius Butler looked very good taking his place.

#16 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1174 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Powers went out injured. Darius Butler looked very good taking his place.

Agreed, Butler outplayed him today.

#17 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7042 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Powers only plays 10 games each season, right? So we'll need someone to replace him soon anyway.

#18 jwilli69

jwilli69
  • 838 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Powers has struggled the last few weeks but he has shown that he can be a viable #2 corner before that. He's having a bad stretch, but it happens. Heck Sean Smith is supposed to be a lock down corner and Luck picked on him all day today. Cornerback is probably the hardest position to appease fans. Every mistake is amplified, and to casual fans, the main measuring stick for good corner play is interceptions.

Not saying Powers played good or anything (he didn't) but people saying he absolutely can't work here are overreacting, IMO

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't measure powers success in terms of int's rather defending the pass. This year, he has done either of the tasks well at all. I actually can relate his play to one our smurfs we used to have here and he played well in our system. He moved on to get a big contract as a man to man corner in new Orleans and us ked bigtime. Jason David ring a bell? Powers usually tackles very well and isn't afraid to help in the run defense but he does not fit in this scheme or at the very least, he is slooow at picking it up. A better pass rush would certainly help him but you don't pay a flawed cb 5-8 mil/yr. it time to either let him walk next season or give him a cheap 1 mil 1 yr contract and see if he does better with another season in the system.
John Williams

#19 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4268 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Powers should be nickel, and that's it. He leaves a 10+ cushion because he has no speed to catch up.

Funny how he went out and Butler came in, we started getting pressure since all the receivers were actually covered for once.

#20 BNS

BNS
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

I'm sure this will be an area to be addressed with free agency and/or the draft. I would like to see some playing time go to others on the roster. Butler played well during the time he was in the game.

#21 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6382 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Mike Chappell@mchappell51
#colts jerraud powers questionable with toe injury. cassius vaughn at right corner, darius butler at left corner

#22 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10140 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Mike Chappell@mchappell51
#colts jerraud powers questionable with toe injury. cassius vaughn at right corner, darius butler at left corner

I see you STAY on Twitter constantly lol. Always giving us Twitter Updates that "Magically" seem to always be about the Topic of Discussion haha

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#23 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Powers has been having a very off year.

He doesn't have the speed for man coverage or the instincts for zone.

He really just tackles well and that is about it.

I don't see him sticking with the team after his contract is up.

I really like DRC and he would be a smart pick-up for the Colts.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#24 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6382 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I see you STAY on Twitter constantly lol. Always giving us Twitter Updates that "Magically" seem to always be about the Topic of Discussion haha

I just try and keep everybody updated of whats going on as quickly as possible lol

#25 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1312 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Figured as much. Good to know Brown didn't injure anything else though.

Haven't found anything on Avery, so I would assume him not coming back in was a precaution is all.

#26 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6382 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Figured as much. Good to know Brown didn't injure anything else though.

Haven't found anything on Avery, so I would assume him not coming back in was a precaution is all.

Arians said Fleener and Davis were out and everybody else is day to day. I guess we will find out when they practice tomorrow

#27 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10140 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I just try and keep everybody updated of whats going on as quickly as possible lol

Nothing wrong with that. We appreciate your Efforts lol

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#28 Holden89

Holden89
  • Community Moderator
  • 736 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Powers has had some good moments, but overall has been pretty bad this year. However, it's a new scheme, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he improves a LOT this year...

The cake is a lie!!!

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Aug
    T Y Goodbye

I wanted everyone toknow, that I have been in the hospital all week, with a pretty bad case on pneumonia. I just got home now, and am doing a lot better, but there is still some residual...Just glad to be back home..If I missed any FF questions for our league, I do apologize.

Show comments (6)
  • Photo
      22 Aug
    Bogie

Just received the best birthday gift I could imagine - in less than 3 days after sowing the seed. Gibson Les Paul Studio - Alpine White and Gold Plated, the most beautiful guitar I've seen in forever

Show comments (11)
View All Updates