Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sean Payton contract extension voided by NFL

House

Just saw this breaking news on sport center. Sean Payton will be a free agent after this season.

Speculation says he could come over and be the Cowboy head coach next year. Or he could remain with the Saints.

Does he stay or does he go? Interesting situation.

I dont see why he would leave the Saints. The city wants him there, brees wants him there and the owner im sure wants him there. Im sure Benson will pay him a ton of money to stay.

Id imagine the Cowboys would have to back the federal reserve up to his door step to pry him away. I guess its possible though knowing Jones.

Why the NFL did this is beyond me, this is so stupid. Oh wait I forgot, we're the big bad "bounty' hunters, nevermind :rollseyes: . Confirmed bounty pool running in Houston and the Jets organization right now and the NFL don't care at all, but it's always used to demonize the Saints and scapegoat us.

Why the NFL did this is beyond me, this is so stupid. Oh wait I forgot, we're the big bad "bounty' hunters, nevermind :rollseyes: . Confirmed bounty pool running in Houston and the Jets organization right now and the NFL don't care at all, but it's always used to demonize the Saints and scapegoat us.

It's about the wording in the contract. Plus this was being investigated in 2011, before all the bounty stuff.