Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsFTW

Donald Brown downgraded to questionable vs Miami.

6 posts in this topic

I don't know.. Usually set-backs right before the game aren't good signs. With the way the RBs and o-line are playing,I don't think it would kill us if he's not a full go. He's not a bruiser by any means, though he could get the tough yardage when there's a hole. Miami is gonna clog those trenches, i'd like to see a dose of power from Carter. And Ballard.

2 people like this

I don't know.. Usually set-backs right before the game aren't good signs. With the way the RBs and o-line are playing,I don't think it would kill us if he's not a full go. He's not a bruiser by any means, though he could get the tough yardage when there's a hole. Miami is gonna clog those trenches, i'd like to see a dose of power from Carter. And Ballard.

I agree. His strong suit is the break away run. If he's limited due to the knee, we're better off with the power backs.

1 person likes this

Maybe just limit him to 3rd downs and have Ballard & Carter running at full speed.

Honestly, I think the bruisers would work better in this situation than Brown will.

I think Carter would be the most effective against Miami's defense. Something I love about Carter is that he rarely goes backwards. He is a north-south runner and usually picks up an extra yard or two when being tackled.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Colts' Scouts: What they liked about LeRaven Clark....
      We can go around and around about this but its going to all come down to that we disagree. That's fine. That happens. Your right I look more at what an O Lineman is in the moment (In this case a college prospect) and give my opinion based on what I see rather then looking at measurables and projecting how good he will be off of those. I mean that's a risk I'm just not willing to take in the 1st 3 rounds.   Granted sometimes It works out...But overall the odds are against it. I mean I don't want to land another Lance Louis(Yes I know he was in FA but going back to his pro day he had great measurables to) because staff liked his measurables and that he was big and could move....None of which helped Louis look like anything that remotely resembled an O Lineman that belonged on a roster   Take Jack Mewhort for example: He was a superior prospect coming out who do did not show all the athletic pro day/combine measurables and was our best O Lineman last year by a wide margin from start to finish because of fundamentals but athletically he is not in the same ball park as Clark minus Mewhorts better bench press numbers
      There's been a change over the last decade or so.    Coaching staffs are now huge.    They're roughly twice the size of college coaching staffs.        More teaching is done on the pro level now because such poor teaching is being done on the college level.    So many colleges have gone to some version of the spread that lineman aren't coming in prepared for the NFL.  That's why there's been a change.      That's why Arizona basically gave Humphrey a complete redshirt year.   And the Colts may do the same with Clark.     It's what we did with Good last year.    He missed the first 10 games and only got in because Costanzo got hurt.       But more and better coaching on the NFL level has been happening and you've been completely unaware.   And the more you fight this,  and that's what you've been doing this entire thread,  the more it looks like you don't understand scouting.     Which is ironic because you like to think of yourself as a scout.     But, again,   there's more to scouting than looking at tape.....    
    • im not sure if I want to support football anymore...
      I haven't seen the movie personally, but I think there's more to the early retirements than simply concussion awareness. I believe the increasing prevalence of Internet access (esp. with cellphones) means it's easier than ever for someone to learn a new hobby for free in the comfort of their own living room. If I wanted to learn gardening (heaven forbid), I could go to YouTube, search up instructional videos, read non-bias authentic reviews on gardening products, post on gardening forums, download e-books, and watch live gardening videos on video streaming sites. I could even make some money off advertisements and sponsors, if I'm good enough.

Check out Walter Thurmond -- he's retiring and plans to go into video/directing.
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000665832/article/walter-thurmond-28-retiring-after-six-nfl-seasons

In that clip, the guy speaking for Walter mentions this is a trend we will start seeing -- young guys who spend a few years in the NFL, grab a few millions, then run with it to pursue a new passion. It's a scary slope and NFL scouts will have to take a hard look at 1st round young prospects to figure out if they really want to play football or if they're in it for quick cash.

We're also seeing similar trends in millennials across the board -- young people who bounce from job to job. There's something about today's youth where they're more open to trying new things than content like their forefathers. Show me a millennial who is prepared to work 15+ years for a company; it's a rare thing! Hell, I worked 3.5 years at Burger King and my friends always ask me how I didn't go crazy (I'm 30 btw).

As for concussions, there's a lot of jobs that have risk involved. These guys get paid millions. They're athletes. It goes with the territory, so I don't mean to sound cruel but I could care less about concussion awareness. There are a lot more dangerous jobs out there that pay far less.
      History favors prospects that come in having a feel for fundamentals over those that don't. That's one of the reasons why so many fail. Poor fundamentals....which most coaches will say they don't have time in the pros to teach. They are in the business of winning football games or being fired sometimes the very next day, They are NOT in the business of teaching fundamentals. Most O Linemen have to have outside help these days because Fundamentals are not taught much at all in the pros...Multiple O Linemen have came forward and said that
      I know.   And that's why I think you really don't understand scouting.         You understand looking at tape and evaluating.     But you seem unwilling to do the rest of the part of the evaluation.      And if you're not doing everything else,   then you don't understand scouting.   There's so much more than just looking at tape.     And please don't respond that you understand that.    Because in most every post your evaluation of a player --- any player --- consists of what you see on tape.   And you don't seem interested in everything else.....       That's your right.      But it doesn't make it right.     In fact it makes it wrong.....     And that's your right too.....   Oh well.....      
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• Gavin

Gavin 6,258

• GoatBeard

GoatBeard 106

• Crofan

Crofan 28

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 8,756

• GoColtsGo5150

GoColtsGo5150 194

• macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE 0

Rookie
    • SaturdayAllDay

SaturdayAllDay 116

• IinD

IinD 63

• GoDeep

GoDeep 418

• IrishColt22

IrishColt22 49

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.