Photo

wow what a game!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I know ND haters are going to be Haters but still no one can take away what this team has done this year. and todays game i think came very close to giving me a heart attack. but we have not played well at home this year and fair better on the road which means alot concidering there is not a single bowl game in south bend. Pitt may not be ranked but they were a trap game and they have played us tough the last 4 or 5 years and had won 2 of the last 3 (before todays game) in southbend. in the end an ugly win is a win. 9-0 and prob wont stay number 3 in the BCS pole but thats fine, im not expecting a championship this year, just a BCS bowl game. still i tip my hat to Pitt. they didnt back down and did not show fear in playing againt a number 3 team and fought very hard until the end.

scary thought is 1993 is starting to flash through my head right now!!! we beat number 1 FSU just to turn around and lose to Boston College the next weekend.....and who do we got next weekend???? Boston College lol.

Believe In Blue!!!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Yeah that was a nail-biter for sure.

#3 ColtsFTW

ColtsFTW
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Omg...that was torture. I can't believe they pulled that off. On the bright side it should bring the team closer together. I could be wrong but I don't think any of the other undefeateds have had to reach down deep for a close game. Mike Mayock said this stuff happens for teams of destiny. =)

#4 John Dee

John Dee
  • 6324 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Well... This is not the 3rd best team in the country. Youngstown St beat Pitt.....

.... oh well...
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#5 John Dee

John Dee
  • 6324 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yeah that was a nail-biter for sure.

Comedy of errors? perhaps?
Aldous Huxley

#6 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Well... This is not the 3rd best team in the country. Youngstown St beat Pitt.....

.... oh well...

yeah but youngstown st also did not just come off a major road victory against OU. this was a trap game for ND because of just that. and they havent been that good at home this year anyway. they have been far more impressive away from south bend. and good thing about that is, no bowl game is in south bend lol

Believe In Blue!!!

#7 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Omg...that was torture. I can't believe they pulled that off. On the bright side it should bring the team closer together. I could be wrong but I don't think any of the other undefeateds have had to reach down deep for a close game. Mike Mayock said this stuff happens for teams of destiny. =)

alot of people dont want to understand this was a trap game for ND. they just got done beating OU 30-13 they were bound to have a rough game. hopefully they got it out of their system and they take these next two against Boston college and Wake Forest alot easier then todays game. im also shocked USC is hanging with Oregon right now. i wont be surprised if Oregon loses, just like last year.

Believe In Blue!!!

#8 John Dee

John Dee
  • 6324 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

alot of people dont want to understand this was a trap game for ND. they just got done beating OU 30-13 they were bound to have a rough game. hopefully they got it out of their system and they take these next two against Boston college and Wake Forest alot easier then todays game. im also shocked USC is hanging with Oregon right now. i wont be surprised if Oregon loses, just like last year.

No, now you are totally wrong... EVERYONE seen this as being a "trap" game... and the GREAT TEAMS DRILL the trap team.

ND is just a very good team. Pitt totally imploded in this game.

ND has very little room for error.

ND was outplayed,... Mayock even said it.

Gift....
Aldous Huxley

#9 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 2041 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

USC was the preseason No 1, with a great QB, great offense, and Oregon just chewed up their defense, so its no surprise that SC was hanging with Oregon If not for the last second gimme TD, it would have been exactly as I predicted..17 points. ND is a very good team, and had a let down week, but I don't even think Bama can stop the Ducks offense. With 2 out of the next 3 games, against top 20 teams, (Stanford and Oregon State). If Oregon can win those games and stay undefeated, they should be #2 by the end of the year..Number 1 if LSU can hold onto their lead with 10 minutes left.

Gonna be an interesting next few weeks in college football...

(Imagine the offensive shootout if its K-State and Oregon in the BCS championship..)

Congratulations to Marcus Mariota for winning the Heisman Trophy, as well as all the other major awards. Good luck in the playoffs against FSU.

#10 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

No, now you are totally wrong... EVERYONE seen this as being a "trap" game... and the GREAT TEAMS DRILL the trap team.

ND is just a very good team. Pitt totally imploded in this game.

ND has very little room for error.

ND was outplayed,... Mayock even said it.

Gift....

how do you figure??? ND missed a fg and an extra point and if those were made the game would have been over in regulation with the final score 24-20. if anything a gift was handed to pitt and they couldnt finish out.

Believe In Blue!!!

#11 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Can't wait for the Civil War game in Corvallis. Ducks should win, but know that the Beaver defense be surprisingly strong.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Dec
    Nadine

First new years resolution done. Cleaned and reorganized the pantry. Now, on to learning cell numbers for family members. i really do not know them, I just use my cell so I never dial anymore.

• Photo
      20 Dec
    radiogirl

Nothing is more gratifying than doing something for someone else. Brent and I had a long to do list today. Instead, we made an unplanned visit to the hospital. Nothing feeds the soul like helping others. Hang in there Prisha! You are loved!

Show comments (5)
View All Updates