Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PrincetonTiger

Red Dawn

12 posts in this topic

Saw the commercials and previews, didn't know they were remaking it. Have watched the original more times than I can count. Not sure if looking forward to the remake at this point or not, but will surely see it at some time.

Saw the commercials and previews, didn't know they were remaking it. Have watched the original more times than I can count. Not sure if looking forward to the remake at this point or not, but will surely see it at some time.

it was filmed in 2010

it was filmed in 2010

thanks for the info, took awhile to decide to release it I guess. Loved the original, hopefully the remake does it justice.

thanks for the info, took awhile to decide to release it I guess. Loved the original, hopefully the remake does it justice.

MGM(original production company) had financial issue and shelved it and a new company swooped in to release it

No reason to do it... none...

1 person likes this

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No reason to do it... none...

I agree 100% with this conclusion John. Yet another example of Hollywood film Studios incapable or unable to produce anything original anymore. Just cashing in on a remake for the millionth time. :facepalm:

For those looking forward to this new "Red Dawn" version, by all means enjoy it...1 question about the original plot though: How does Russia/the USSR get tanks & heavy machinery snuck into the US quietly without the State Dept., Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State, CIA, NSA, FBI, & Special Forces not knowing about it exactly? The Kremlin approved this military invasion of a sovereign foreign nation? I don't think so... :loco:

How would a rogue government or sleeper splinter cell transport weapons & fuel through US Customs to pull off such a cloak & dagger invasion anyway? Let alone feed all those troopers to operate the tanks & other weapons?

1 person likes this

Why can't they leave the original movies alone? As I did saw the remake of Footloose though!

Why can't they leave the original movies alone? As I did saw the remake of Footloose though!

I completely agree with you JPPT, but these same movie studios are banking on the fact that the consumer will break down & buy a ticket because your compulsion to compare & contrast the original film from the new remake will be too hard for a an interested person's curiosity to ignore. I have the same dilemma with new George Lucas Star Wars movies myself. Don't be too hard on yourself JPPT; it happens to all of us.

The funny story behind this movie was that it was originally filmed as the Chinese invading the US, but they decided to change that because they did not think it would play well over in China. So they changed it to the North Koreans invading us. I mean seriously North Korea invading a country of 300 million where most of us have guns? HA.

This movie looks like a fun action flick and only worth a rental or a watch on Netflix when it comes out.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Doyle has always passed the eye test.  He seems to be open and he always seems to make the catch.     I wonder about our 3rd stringer now.  He might do better in our system than Allen.
    • Sadly I am not in London.  The work I do extended into and devoured an entire 6 week vacation we had planned for 2 years supposedly ending with the London game.  I sent my wife on her own to Texas to see family and I am still buried in work and far from finished.  I am really bummed as I doubt I will have a chance to see the Colts outside of the country again in my lifetime.  (Not in good health).  I really wanted to meet as many of you European Colts fans as I could as I love traveling and hanging with locals and making worldwide friendships.  I hope you all have a great time and I will be watching like most Colts fans here on TV.      If any of you get together because of this post, please tip a drink and be glad you're meeting new folks from far and wide.  I have spent my adult life bringing musicians together and I wanted this to be a chance for me to meet up with fellow Football fans overseas as I spent many years playing before switching to music.  Enjoy it! And let's all hope for a win!
    • I dont remember Sanders or Manning getting suspended for PED use. Nor do I remember any of them failing a drug test. Mathis had a semiplausable excuse at least. I don't think Jones did 
    • It's also funny because they passed on Carson Wentz, who's looking insanely good atm. Browns just can't catch a break.
    • There goes my fantasy season. AP, Keenan Allen, and Sammy Watkins in my first 3 rounds... ugh
  • Welcome New Members

• Welcome here Nils!   I can tell you, most of football fans in Hungary are Patriots fans...unfortunately. 
    • Hi, Nils here....   I know a lot of Europeans support the Patriots, but all I can say is no way man, no way!   I'm not entirely sure when I started to follow and cheer for the Colts, but I has no shame in admitting that it was when Manning begun to really shine. It was probably back in 1999 because I seem to remember that play-off game against the Titans.   I also remember the I loved how the Colts would play a beautiful offensive game whereas other teams were boring with their defensive strengths. Aaaahh, those were the days!   I was introduced to American Football during my American Politics/presidential election study in Washington D.C. in the fall of 1996 (Clinton vs Dole). Didn't really get attached to any team back then, so you can say that Redskins just left me totally uninspired.   It is a great and welcoming forum here - and that is just how I remembered America too.    
  • Members

• LockeDown

LockeDown 825

• Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee 0

Rookie
    • Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton 0

Rookie
    • NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 9,445

• twfish

twfish 615

• Bluefire4

Bluefire4 1,090

• Grizzly Colt

Grizzly Colt 15

• Gavin

Gavin 6,660

• SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt 3,899

Moderators
    • nburgmei

nburgmei 202

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.