Photo

Red Dawn

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14882 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

The Remake is finally being released
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Coltman51

Coltman51
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Saw the commercials and previews, didn't know they were remaking it. Have watched the original more times than I can count. Not sure if looking forward to the remake at this point or not, but will surely see it at some time.

#3 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14882 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Saw the commercials and previews, didn't know they were remaking it. Have watched the original more times than I can count. Not sure if looking forward to the remake at this point or not, but will surely see it at some time.

it was filmed in 2010

PrincetonTiger77

#4 Coltman51

Coltman51
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

it was filmed in 2010

thanks for the info, took awhile to decide to release it I guess. Loved the original, hopefully the remake does it justice.

#5 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14882 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

thanks for the info, took awhile to decide to release it I guess. Loved the original, hopefully the remake does it justice.

MGM(original production company) had financial issue and shelved it and a new company swooped in to release it

PrincetonTiger77

#6 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

WOLVERINES!!

#7 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5894 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

The Remake is finally being released

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#8 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5894 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

No reason to do it... none...
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#9 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13050 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No reason to do it... none...

I agree 100% with this conclusion John. Yet another example of Hollywood film Studios incapable or unable to produce anything original anymore. Just cashing in on a remake for the millionth time. :facepalm:

For those looking forward to this new "Red Dawn" version, by all means enjoy it...1 question about the original plot though: How does Russia/the USSR get tanks & heavy machinery snuck into the US quietly without the State Dept., Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State, CIA, NSA, FBI, & Special Forces not knowing about it exactly? The Kremlin approved this military invasion of a sovereign foreign nation? I don't think so... :loco:

How would a rogue government or sleeper splinter cell transport weapons & fuel through US Customs to pull off such a cloak & dagger invasion anyway? Let alone feed all those troopers to operate the tanks & other weapons?

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#10 JPPT1974

JPPT1974
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Why can't they leave the original movies alone? As I did saw the remake of Footloose though!

School Is Ready!

#11 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13050 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Why can't they leave the original movies alone? As I did saw the remake of Footloose though!

I completely agree with you JPPT, but these same movie studios are banking on the fact that the consumer will break down & buy a ticket because your compulsion to compare & contrast the original film from the new remake will be too hard for a an interested person's curiosity to ignore. I have the same dilemma with new George Lucas Star Wars movies myself. Don't be too hard on yourself JPPT; it happens to all of us.
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#12 Thewholefnshow28

Thewholefnshow28
  • 2170 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

The funny story behind this movie was that it was originally filmed as the Chinese invading the US, but they decided to change that because they did not think it would play well over in China. So they changed it to the North Koreans invading us. I mean seriously North Korea invading a country of 300 million where most of us have guns? HA.

This movie looks like a fun action flick and only worth a rental or a watch on Netflix when it comes out.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back." - Oscar Wilde

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates