Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PrincetonTiger

Josh Boyce

4 posts in this topic

He probably measures in at 5'10 in the combine. I don't wanna completely disregard him just because of his size, but

1. He probably isn't a #1.

2. We probably aren't going to draft a WR, maybe a late rounder.

3. If we do draft a WR, I want him to be a future #1, Justin Hunter or Aaron Dobson maybe.

4. I don't trust spread offense WRs as much as pro style guys.

I'd like to get a tall WR but I dont see that happening this year

I could see him as being a very good #2, but not a #1. If we were to draft a WR, i'd take a shot at a future #1 like Allen or Hunter.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Hey /m/COLTS/m/.......  What is the meaning of the badge?  Is it firefighter?
    • Good question.  The answer is the NFL changes its substance abuse policy to follow society and Federal law.  The NFL and NFLPA recently  collectively bargained just this issue to reduce punishments and include more 'chances'. So, the punishments on THC have been made more lenient to keep pace with changing societal views.  But until it is legal for recreational or medicinal use in every state and decriminalized in Federal law, it will not be off the banned substance list.  But the NFL will adjust rules/punishment over time until such point.  That  point is not here yet. Here's Herm Edwards take as of now-   “I think our league is trying to have a set of rules and regulations that an athlete has to live up to, and in order to be part of the league, you have to live up to them,’’ said former head coach Herm Edwards, now an ESPN studio analyst. “You may not like the rules, but there are consequences to violating them. Right now, in our league, it’s on the list of banned substances."   It seems the substance abuse test at the combine and in the off season between April 20 and August 9 is almost a player I.Q. test of sorts, and there is a penalty to 'not study' and 'flunk' it.   The players know, and make career decisions when ingesting items that are not allowed.  They can't plead ignorance as a defense. They know.   Do teams / NFL outright oppose using MJ?  Not really it seems, and it may well be a better alternative to binge drinking. But they both do oppose testing positive for it.    Similar to do I oppose my wife (only hypothetical here!) trying to make it through a yellow light and actually catch the red?  As long as there are no accidents, not really.  What I do oppose is getting a $260 citation in the mail for her catching that Red and captured by a red light photo camera.   During the season use, the player will regulate it or lose his job. In the narrow off season testing window, they want to see who can man up and get/stay clean until their test is completed.  Nothing more. And they usually test at a team event or by position groups on a team (for all players not in the Drug Program), so there is ample warning signs of when the test may well occur.   We will see if it gets change again at the next CBA negotiations.  Or even earlier... as recently happened.  but no change on the horizon as of now.
    • perhaps but I felt big Art needed a little help. i have a weakness to help those with "broken wings". this forum has a tendency to over-react sometimes. Well, maybe more than sometimes. but yea, maybe so but if teams cut players for every infraction and every time fans wanted them cut, Blue would have to suit up.
    • He was "let go" mostly because he retired.      Got a good paying gig with ESPN.     That is his long-term future.   As to any other reasons......    his body was breaking down as he got punished last season,  so his performance couldn't hold up.      I'm sure you noticed no other NFL team made him an offer to be their back-up.     They found a back-up (Tolszein) who the Colts think can do roughly the same for less $$.       It was just time for the change.    Hasselbeck had to move on.
    • So do you guys think he was let go because of age or cap hit ($)? i know he's as old as Moses, but I thought he played as well (probably better) than we could hope to get from either Backup on current roster. granted, he's a "manager", but there's no way either of these two on roster give Luck off the field what Hasselbeck did. or perhaps the team is looking for a younger backup?  As a backup QB behind a franchise QB, Experience is bigger than talent in my view.  Assuming you don't expect to lose your guy for 9 games which hopefully was an anomaly. i know he looked a lil slow out there but more than made up for it with game smarts.  
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

• Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter 2,046

• CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse 12

• \m/COLTS\m/

\m/COLTS\m/ 335

• Lef

Lef 97

• backshoulderfade

backshoulderfade 1,047

• Gavin

Gavin 6,408

• Colts_Fan12

Colts_Fan12 2,117

• jseg18

jseg18 58

• COLTS449

COLTS449 1,864

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 8,873

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.