Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I believe luck will have a big game against dolphins defense.

Stephen

Forget what the stats say. This is what I believe will happen. Luck will come out in the no huddle and light up the dolphins secondary which will force them to back off opening up running lanes for brown and ballard. The dolphins can send the pass rush, but this will be countered with quick screens. Brown may even take one back 80 yards for a td if the dolphins try to play too aggressive. Luck has seen plenty of teams with good defenses this year and I expect him to be poised under pressure and make throws that will have wake scratching his head. Naturally the dolphins will get to Luck a couple times , but in the end the colts prevail 28 to 24. And yes the colts can score 28 points against the dolphins defense as long as they come out with the quick no huddle and execute. Reggie bush will be held under 100 yards.

Well considering the Colts have scored 30 only once this year and mostly around the 20 mark, I would suggest you hope for a 17-20 point s ore for us while the defense holds back scores from Miami. Miami has one of the toughest defenses in the league so far and just because luck had sucecess against a bad titans defense doesn't mean it will duplicate itself again this week. I have tempered my excitement for this season. Each win is truly a gift.

Build that monster!!!

Thats optimism at its finest. If they score more than 21 points I'll be surprised.

The Dolphins defense has only surrendered that much once in regulation this year, and that was the opener against the Texans where JJ Watt went crazy for 7 minutes batting passes that resulted in 21 of their 30 points in a couple of minutes span.

Don't be fooled by the stats of Miami's pass defense, the Dolphin front seven is so stout that teams try to attack through the air more than run on Miami...which results in inflated stats. Its not about how you move the ball between the 20's...its whether you score points.

Miami has a positive +24 point PF/PA differential....the Colts a Minus -35.

So while both teams are 4-3...one is actually looking like a 4-3 team, and the other looks like a mirage.

Thats optimism at its finest. If they score more than 21 points I'll be surprised.

The Dolphins defense has only surrendered that much once in regulation this year, and that was the opener against the Texans where JJ Watt went crazy for 7 minutes batting passes that resulted in 21 of their 30 points in a couple of minutes span.

Don't be fooled by the stats of Miami's pass defense, the Dolphin front seven is so stout that teams try to attack through the air more than run on Miami...which results in inflated stats. Its not about how you move the ball between the 20's...its whether you score points.

So while both teams are 4-3...one is actually looking like a 4-3 team, and the other looks like a mirage.

Don't get down on yourself. You won't be a mirage always. But, thanks for the compliment.

I'm not overlooking the stats. The colts have something the dolphins won't have. Their sick head coach is supposed to be attending the game and based on how they performed versus greenbay I expect a similiar perfermance here.

Well considering the Colts have scored 30 only once this year and mostly around the 20 mark, I would suggest you hope for a 17-20 point s ore for us while the defense holds back scores from Miami. Miami has one of the toughest defenses in the league so far and just because luck had sucecess against a bad titans defense doesn't mean it will duplicate itself again this week. I have tempered my excitement for this season. Each win is truly a gift.

Build that monster!!!

First off the titans didn't play the way the stats suggested. Their defense isn't bad. They wore swatting down passes like crazy. Second that game was on the road and the colts were without mathis who has a sack in every game he's played and will be on fire sunday when his headcoach attends game. I also expect reggie wayne to show up in a big way. It doesn't matter how good the dolphins secondary is. When players play with passion for their coach they can do things they ordinarily wouldn't. That's why I expect the colts to score more than 20 because it doesn't matter how tough of a challenge the dolphins may be. They will rise to the challenge and over come it.

I'm not overlooking the stats. The colts have something the dolphins won't have. Their sick head coach is supposed to be attending the game and based on how they performed versus greenbay I expect a similiar perfermance here.

Eh, emotion can only get a team so far. I wouldn't expect the same performance, it's kind of a once in a season thing. Sure, they'll be pumped and ready to prove to their head coach that they can win, but we can't predict anything like the anomaly that was the Colts/Packers game.

Dolphins fans are acting like their team is a superbowl contender.... i cant believe it, all those losing seasons are turning them crazy

No, I just think they are having the same mindset of a select few around here...no one expected them to be 4-3, and playing this well at this point in the season. They are actually pretty similar to the Colts actually, rookie QB and all. They expect they have a shot at the playoffs just like the fans here do. The AFC is wide open when it comes to the WC.

I doubt Luck will have a good game because against good defensive teams, we struggle big time. Look how bad our O-line has been ,,,, Luck has to scramble 4 out of every 5 throws because he doesn't have a release as fast as Mannings, not too many qb's do, so our o-line must take the challenge which they havent done and have failed many times at it. i have faith that we can win but predicting Luck will have a good game is way over the top. once the game is over and if I am wrong, you can come back here and rip me up and I'll deserve it, but I don't think I'm wrong on this one. He'll have some INT's and low pass completion ratio and balls thrown off-target, etc.

Eh, emotion can only get a team so far. I wouldn't expect the same performance, it's kind of a once in a season thing. Sure, they'll be pumped and ready to prove to their head coach that they can win, but we can't predict anything like the anomaly that was the Colts/Packers game.

I would have liked this post, but I'm out of likes. I don't think we need a visit from Chuck and a bunch of other emotional catalysts to inspire us to play well in this game. I expect us to play well because that is the standard we set for ourselves. Getting one step closer to our goals should be motivation enough.

No, I just think they are having the same mindset of a select few around here...no one expected them to be 4-3, and playing this well at this point in the season. They are actually pretty similar to the Colts actually, rookie QB and all. They expect they have a shot at the playoffs just like the fans here do. The AFC is wide open when it comes to the WC.

That's a balanced view point. Can't argue against you on this one!

I would have liked this post, but I'm out of likes. I don't think we need a visit from Chuck and a bunch of other emotional catalysts to inspire us to play well in this game. I expect us to play well because that is the standard we set for ourselves. Getting one step closer to our goals should be motivation enough.

Exactly, and I'm sure by this point, 12's goals are playoffs. I'm sure a few others on the team have that mindset as well.

in the end the team that wants it more will prevail. I think getting blown out by the jets was a blessing in disguise because now the colts know what its like to play a team that wants to win badly and that should help keep them from underestimating the dolphins.

Well said QwizBoy couldn't have said it better myself. :thmup:

Wow...i think youre letting all those wins against sub .500 teams get to your head there a tad.

The Phins are giving up 280 passing yards a game and thats with facing the likes of Kevin Kolb, Carson Palmer, The Rams O and Mark Sanchez twice.

You guys are certainly ahead of schedule but lets relax on the SB talk here.

Exactly, and I'm sure by this point, 12's goals are playoffs. I'm sure a few others on the team have that mindset as well.

Your boy Trindan Holliday took one to the House yesterday! I was at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Westheimer and Royal Oaks, and all the Texans fans were looking at the replay going "Who was that dude that ran that kickoff back for a TD against Cincinatti?" When they found out they said "Man we were stupid as you know what for letting him go, now we don't have nothin!" It was funny!

Your boy Trindan Holliday took one to the House yesterday! I was at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Westheimer and Royal Oaks, and all the Texans fans were looking at the replay going "Who was that dude that ran that kickoff back for a TD against Cincinatti?" When they found out they said "Man we were stupid as you know what for letting him go, now we don't have nothin!" It was funny!

Hahaha well it was against Cincinatti, and he was bound to get one eventually. I still don't miss his almost effortless ability to screw things up single-handedly though hahaha. But I'm glad he's doing well. I'm sure PM doesn't mind either lol.

Forget what the stats say. This is what I believe will happen. Luck will come out in the no huddle and light up the dolphins secondary which will force them to back off opening up running lanes for brown and ballard. The dolphins can send the pass rush, but this will be countered with quick screens. Brown may even take one back 80 yards for a td if the dolphins try to play too aggressive. Luck has seen plenty of teams with good defenses this year and I expect him to be poised under pressure and make throws that will have wake scratching his head. Naturally the dolphins will get to Luck a couple times , but in the end the colts prevail 28 to 24. And yes the colts can score 28 points against the dolphins defense as long as they come out with the quick no huddle and execute. Reggie bush will be held under 100 yards.

Got to hand it to you...but define 'big game'....

..you spoke in generalities....the big prize goes to the guy who said that Luck would do as well as Peyton Manning after 8 games

I doubt Luck will have a good game because against good defensive teams, we struggle big time. Look how bad our O-line has been ,,,, Luck has to scramble 4 out of every 5 throws because he doesn't have a release as fast as Mannings, not too many qb's do, so our o-line must take the challenge which they havent done and have failed many times at it. i have faith that we can win but predicting Luck will have a good game is way over the top. once the game is over and if I am wrong, you can come back here and rip me up and I'll deserve it, but I don't think I'm wrong on this one. He'll have some INT's and low pass completion ratio and balls thrown off-target, etc.

Hey Chris! Nail on the head, huh?

Hard to believe he can make so many throws with lions and tigers bearing down on him. I've never seen anything like it. I'll eat my crow and love every minute of it...lol

Judging by lots of your posts, I always thought you were a troll. I didn't know you were a Colt's fan. Sorry.

The funny thing is, when I first got Madden 11 back in the day I picked him up for my franchise to return kicks.

He was good for a KRTD per game, usually, and he'd take a punt back to the house once about every 3 games. He wasn't too useful at WR, but I turned him into a HB and used him sparingly and it worked out pretty well. He ended up spending the gist of his career with me.

I'm never reading one of your posts ever again.