Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Lefeged and why he's not starting

stonehart1234

My cousins boyfriends sisters uncles barber is related to Zbis and he said this thread is ridiculous

:mindblow: Thanks I have a migraine now trying to piece all that family info ya a just gave me all together the last 10 minutes, Im gonna go get me an aspirin

I know this may be hard for some of you to believe, but brother in laws of backup/special teams players do in fact play Madden online. I don't see why so many people are saying things like, 'Yeah....and I'm Andrew Luck's cousin.' If I was related to a Colt player, and I were playing Madden online against a guy playing as the Colts, I'd probably tell him. If the guy were trolling he'd probably come up with a better relation than the Colts backup Strong Safety.

How much online gaming do you do? This is a legitimate questions, and hopefully it doesn't sound condescending lol.

I can't count the times I've been told; I'm related to the game developer and I'm going to get you banned, I work for Xbox live and I'm going to get you banned. I get told I'm going to get banned seemingly weekly, and I never have been lmao

That's the reason I'm a sceptic when it comes to those situations. There's no shortage of people who are bored, and want to either, A) mess with people, B) want attention.

On the flip side, like you alluded to, it's nothing SO outrageous that its impossible it could be true either.

So I am firmly in the sceptic category, but that doesn't mean OP doesn't make good points, or a good conversation starter :).

How much online gaming do you do? This is a legitimate questions, and hopefully it doesn't sound condescending lol.

I can't count the times I've been told; I'm related to the game developer and I'm going to get you banned, I work for Xbox live and I'm going to get you banned. I get told I'm going to get banned seemingly weekly, and I never have been lmao

That's the reason I'm a sceptic when it comes to those situations. There's no shortage of people who are bored, and want to either, A) mess with people, B) want attention.

On the flip side, like you alluded to, it's nothing SO outrageous that its impossible it could be true either.

So I am firmly in the sceptic category, but that doesn't mean OP doesn't make good points, or a good conversation starter :).

I've heard those guys countless times. What I don't hear are claims of being the brother in law of a backup/special teams player to the Indianapolis Colts. I mean, if he's bored he'd probably say 'Yeah, I'm Chuck Pagano's brother.....I'm pretty much a big deal'. Know what I mean? There's a difference between some punk 13 year old saying he works for XBox Live and is gonna get you banned, versus saying you have a vague relation to Joe Lefeged. I'm not saying he IS in fact the brother in law, but it's also not so outlandish to make some of the comments people are.....

Back on one of the older Colt forums, our backup RB Kenton Keith was getting ripped all the time. Eventually one of his relatives made an account, said who he was, and said he/she didn't really like reading all the crap talk about his/her nephew. They were very respectable and I believe they were said relation. They weren't doing it for lulz....woulda been a mighty boring way to get lulz. They ended up disappearing after Keith was cut lending further creedence to their story imo.

I've heard those guys countless times. What I don't hear are claims of being the brother in law of a backup/special teams player to the Indianapolis Colts. I mean, if he's bored he'd probably say 'Yeah, I'm Chuck Pagano's brother.....I'm pretty much a big deal'. Know what I mean? There's a difference between some punk 13 year old saying he works for XBox Live and is gonna get you banned, versus saying you have a vague relation to Joe Lefeged. I'm not saying he IS in fact the brother in law, but it's also not so outlandish to make some of the comments people are.....

Back on one of the older Colt forums, our backup RB Kenton Keith was getting ripped all the time. Eventually one of his relatives made an account, said who he was, and said he/she didn't really like reading all the crap talk about his/her nephew. They were very respectable and I believe they were said relation. They weren't doing it for lulz....woulda been a mighty boring way to get lulz. They ended up disappearing after Keith was cut lending further creedence to their story imo.

Agreed, funny thing about anything online, anything could be a lie, anything could be the truth.

It would be a very boring thing to lie about, but who knows lol.

Why are people bashing the OP? I knew lefeged my freshman year at rutgers, its not like lefeged is some famous legend

Kinda my thoughts. If the guy had told the OP he was related to Andrew Luck or Reggie Wayne I would be more skeptical. Most people on this planet don't have the slightest clue who Joe Lefeged is let a lone pretend to be someone in his family.

With that said I think if the coaching staff felt like Lefeged was better they would play him. Lefeged was splitting time last year with Caldwell last year and couldn't lock down the job vs. him so I don't think Lefeged is some kinda hidden gem sitting on our bench. I think he's a nice special team's player and a decent back up. That's not to say Zibs is the end all be all at safety because he's not but I just don't think we have someone better than him on the roster right now.

• 3 weeks later...