Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Lefeged and why he's not starting

stonehart1234

Ok so I was playing madden 13 online then I got into this game with this guy and I had the colts. So we started playing and he said that his brother in law was Joe Lefedge.I said that I was pulling for him to be a starter instead of Zibs . He said that joe said the only reason joe isn't the starter is because Zibs knows the playbook better because he came from the ravens and the same system.

Some people on this forum have been pulling for joe to be the starter over Zibs.

So that why joe isn't the starter,

Thoughts

Seems very sketchy... A random guy saying he's his brother in law...

Anyways, yes Zibs knows the system better, but besides one game, he's been playing badly. When you're playing badly, it doesn't matter if you know the system or not.

Now, I think that Lefeged should be rotated in, rather than taking over the starter's role completely.

Ok so I was playing madden 13 online then I got into this game with this guy and I had the colts. So we started playing and he said that his brother in law was Joe Lefedge.I said that I was pulling for him to be a starter instead of Zibs . He said that joe said the only reason joe isn't the starter is because Zibs knows the playbook better because he came from the ravens and the same system.

Some people on this forum have been pulling for joe to be the starter over Zibs.

Thoughts

jlaw-okay.gif

Claiming to be related to Joe Lefeged is like claiming to be related to an extra in "Earnest Goes to Camp". If you're going to lie, you could do better.

He was one of my favorite comedians, died to young, I have 3 of his movies, Ernest goes to camp and Ernest scared stupid and Ernest goes to jail

He was one of my favorite comedians, died to young, I have 3 of his movies, Ernest goes to camp and Ernest scared stupid and Ernest goes to jail

If I was coach I would start joe because just because zibs know where to be what's the point if he not gonna make a play I rather a player who get lost once or twice but will make a play if it's there to be made , never saw a player play as soft as zibs

If I was coach I would start joe because just because zibs know where to be what's the point if he not gonna make a play I rather a player who get lost once or twice but will make a play if it's there to be made , never saw a player play as soft as zibs

Never? That's a pretty bold statement. Just because Zbi isn't murdering people or pulling down INT's every game doesn't mean he's bad. He does his job and that's what counts.

Never? That's a pretty bold statement. Just because Zbi isn't murdering people or pulling down INT's every game doesn't mean he's bad. He does his job and that's what counts.

He's played better each week. He was excellent against the Browns and did pretty well against the Titans. It's nice to know we have a decent backup. If Joe wants to start it's up to him to beat out Zibs.

That 'coaches like him better' excuse only flies for a while. Show the coaches you know the system and can make the plays.

Lefedge isn't starting because zibs has played well the past two weeks if they wouldn't yank him before that they won't yank him after two good games. I know people here have fallen in love with lefedge and I have too for special teams play but just because a guy is good there doesn't mean he would be a good starter. If the coaches thought he was better than zib he would be out there.

I think Lefeged is a harder hitter than Zibikowski, but the position requires more than hard hitting. I think his over all awareness and understanding of the defense may be less than Zibikowski. There have been points that I wanted Lefeged to be put in, but overall I think Zibi may be the better player with the other things he brings, although he is not as physical as Lefeged.

Thoughts

Zibs is starting to make a impact so I'm happy keeping him in and to be realistic I think Zibs will be less mistake prone than Lefeged. Plus the SS in our scheme wouldn't need the speed that Lefeged has, better to use it in special teams for now.

Umm are we watching the same game first off the safety play this year hate to say it Beathea included has bin below par most of the other teams big gain has bin due to Beathea or zib taking bad angles or missing tackles zib gas bin the biggest culprit of this he is not instinctive enough an takes him self out of to many plays

Thoughts

and andrew luck is my cousin. * sarcasm *

Eh Im content giving him a 2 year window (while drafting a hard hitting Safety in the late rounds this year that can be groomed to replace Zb if needed) to see if he makes an impact once he gets a year starting under his belt, outside of 1-2 plays he really hasn't played bad he just hasnt had the hard hits and forced fumbles yet that some thought would be there. The combination of Bethea and Zb are averaging 9.6 tackles per game with Zb averaging 3.2 to Betheas 6.4. Im not concerned to much yet but Im hoping to see hard hits by Zb soon

Umm are we watching the same game first off the safety play this year hate to say it Beathea included has bin below par most of the other teams big gain has bin due to Beathea or zib taking bad angles or missing tackles zib gas bin the biggest culprit of this he is not instinctive enough an takes him self out of to many plays

I have no idea what you just said. Was that a question or a statement you just made? And yes, I have been watching games. ALL players make bad angles on tackles from time to time. The job of a FS and SS is not to make open field tackles on a runner, but to stop long and deep passes, or anything over the middle which for the most part they've been doing. If a RB busts out a big run and gets past the front 7, then they are the last line of defense.

I don't think I've seen anyone passing towards Zbi or Bethea. There have been very few deep balls thrown in their direction, and the few that have been were broken up. If a WR/TE gets down the sideline, then guess what? The SS/FS is again the last line of defense from scoring a TD. That's on the CB who let him win, not the saftey. So aside from a couple of whiffs here and there, Zbi and Bethea have been just fine.

The problem with Zibs is that he looks really tough and he talks really tough and he boxes so he must be pretty tough. It makes you expect him to be making all of these big hits, but you never see it. In fact, his name almost never gets mentioned in the broadcasts. Oh yeah, and I am related to all of you by way of Noah.

I know this may be hard for some of you to believe, but brother in laws of backup/special teams players do in fact play Madden online. I don't see why so many people are saying things like, 'Yeah....and I'm Andrew Luck's cousin.' If I was related to a Colt player, and I were playing Madden online against a guy playing as the Colts, I'd probably tell him. If the guy were trolling he'd probably come up with a better relation than the Colts backup Strong Safety.

I know this may be hard for some of you to believe, but brother in laws of backup/special teams players do in fact play Madden online. I don't see why so many people are saying things like, 'Yeah....and I'm Andrew Luck's cousin.' If I was related to a Colt player, and I were playing Madden online against a guy playing as the Colts, I'd probably tell him. If the guy were trolling he'd probably come up with a better relation than the Colts backup Strong Safety.

exactly, and its not an unlikely story either. although zibz has been looking better.

Who would really make up a Joe Lefeged story? Seriously, who decides they're going to make some stuff up to look like an insider, but Joe Lefeged is that guy? The OP's post sounds legit to me. Players do routinely have families, and they do indeed talk to them from time to time. This is football, not the Manhattan Project.