Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh chapman

needanoline63

I don't think he has been activated yet. He is practicing under the PUP rules but I don't think they have put him on the active roster. Keep in mind he's a rookie with no camp experience and no OTAs. So even if he has natural talent (which I think he does) it'll take him a little time to get into the flow of things which is why I don't think he will be officially activated till they have too. He might be the answers to our prayers next year or something but I don't think he will be this year. He might make an impact but I don't think he's going to be the superstar some are hoping he will be day one.

I heard he handled Samson Satele in practice. Does anyone know if he is playing at all Sunday?

What's your source? I know Satele said good things about him, but I never read that Chapman 'handled' him.

I hope people don't get their expectations up too high about this kid. That's a hard position for a rookie to learn. It took Mount Cody about a season before he was considered effective and he was a higher rated prospect from the same system.

I think Chapman is our future NT, but I don't expect miracles from him if/when he plays this year.

When Pagano speaks of building "the monster", Chapman needs to be the lead monster. Judging from what he was able to do in Bama on one leg, plus his interviews and what the buzz is about him, we have every right to be excited about this guy. Not everyone will admit it, but we all hope(expect) he is more than just a good rotational player. That he is going to be special. I know I do.

What's your source? I know Satele said good things about him, but I never read that Chapman 'handled' him.

I hope people don't get their expectations up too high about this kid. That's a hard position for a rookie to learn. It took Mount Cody about a season before he was considered effective and he was a higher rated prospect from the same system.

I think Chapman is our future NT, but I don't expect miracles from him if/when he plays this year.

I think he may be referring to article about him in the indy star. There is a thread on the forum about it. http://forums.colts....-colts-dt-josh-chapman-realizes-gain-through-pain/

Colts teammates are only now getting their first feel.

Defensive end Cory Redding describes Chapman as having "thighs on his arms."

Center Samson Satele lined up across from Chapman for the first time last week.

"Man is a load, man, and he knows how to move," Satele said. "I don't know how he was in college, but he's pretty darn good out here."

he is practicing under the rule, and he is not practicing at 100 percent. he was told to throttle down his practice effort and that also means he WILL NOT be playing anytime soon. They don't want to rush him back at his current weight, which is VERY large even though he is a VERY LARGE individual sporting arms the size of thighs. PLAY? NO WAY!

I don't think he has been activated yet. He is practicing under the PUP rules but I don't think they have put him on the active roster. Keep in mind he's a rookie with no camp experience and no OTAs. So even if he has natural talent (which I think he does) it'll take him a little time to get into the flow of things which is why I don't think he will be officially activated till they have too. He might be the answers to our prayers next year or something but I don't think he will be this year. He might make an impact but I don't think he's going to be the superstar some are hoping he will be day one.

We don't need him to be a superstar just a 2 down play who can make an impact

He has not been activated. The Colts have to make a decision next week to moving him to the active roster or sit him for the rest of the season. Not possible for him to play Sunday and I doubt he will play at Jacksonville. New England will be the first real chance.

We don't need him to be a superstar just a 2 down play who can make an impact

and that's fine but if you listen to some talk about here I think some have the hope he's going to be the answers to our DT prayers. As a rookie who has had zero camp and zero OTAs, and zero action it's going to a little while for him to get into the flow of things. Chapman might end up being the answer to our prayers down the road but I don't think he will be right away. I would even think that the impact he'll have right away will be a small one and I just don't want to see people going off on what a let down he has been because he didn't meet their unrealistic expectations day one like we have at times with other rookies around here.