Photo

Josh chapman

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 needanoline63

needanoline63
  • 640 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

I heard he handled Samson Satele in practice. Does anyone know if he is playing at all Sunday?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 alexpr

alexpr
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

no he isn't playing, I don't have the source but im pretty sure

#3 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13720 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

I don't think he has been activated yet. He is practicing under the PUP rules but I don't think they have put him on the active roster. Keep in mind he's a rookie with no camp experience and no OTAs. So even if he has natural talent (which I think he does) it'll take him a little time to get into the flow of things which is why I don't think he will be officially activated till they have too. He might be the answers to our prayers next year or something but I don't think he will be this year. He might make an impact but I don't think he's going to be the superstar some are hoping he will be day one.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#4 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

either way him practicing is a good sign. that is all that matters right now

Believe In Blue!!!

#5 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6908 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

@pwilson24: RT @philrichards6: #Colts Arians: On NT Josh Chapman -- not out of question he'd be added to roster next week but probably not be active.

#6 Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I think, realistically, the earliest chance for him to play meaningful snaps is the New England game since it's coming off a long week's rest. There's a chance we give him a couple snaps vs Jax to get his feet wet.

#7 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4476 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

If he is dressed on Sunday, there should be no reason not not give him some snaps, especially once the game is in the bag (for either team). If it goes down to the wire, then unlikley he plays.
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#8 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7507 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

I heard he handled Samson Satele in practice. Does anyone know if he is playing at all Sunday?

What's your source? I know Satele said good things about him, but I never read that Chapman 'handled' him.

I hope people don't get their expectations up too high about this kid. That's a hard position for a rookie to learn. It took Mount Cody about a season before he was considered effective and he was a higher rated prospect from the same system.

I think Chapman is our future NT, but I don't expect miracles from him if/when he plays this year.

#9 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

When Pagano speaks of building "the monster", Chapman needs to be the lead monster. Judging from what he was able to do in Bama on one leg, plus his interviews and what the buzz is about him, we have every right to be excited about this guy. Not everyone will admit it, but we all hope(expect) he is more than just a good rotational player. That he is going to be special. I know I do.

#10 coltsfanmilyman

coltsfanmilyman
  • 1313 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

What's your source? I know Satele said good things about him, but I never read that Chapman 'handled' him.

I hope people don't get their expectations up too high about this kid. That's a hard position for a rookie to learn. It took Mount Cody about a season before he was considered effective and he was a higher rated prospect from the same system.

I think Chapman is our future NT, but I don't expect miracles from him if/when he plays this year.

I think he may be referring to article about him in the indy star. There is a thread on the forum about it. http://forums.colts....-colts-dt-josh-chapman-realizes-gain-through-pain/

Colts teammates are only now getting their first feel.

Defensive end Cory Redding describes Chapman as having "thighs on his arms."

Center Samson Satele lined up across from Chapman for the first time last week.
"Man is a load, man, and he knows how to move," Satele said. "I don't know how he was in college, but he's pretty darn good out here."

Be yourself, everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)

We need to replace random acts of violence with random acts of Kindness  (Me)

#11 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2322 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

he is practicing under the rule, and he is not practicing at 100 percent. he was told to throttle down his practice effort and that also means he WILL NOT be playing anytime soon. They don't want to rush him back at his current weight, which is VERY large even though he is a VERY LARGE individual sporting arms the size of thighs. PLAY? NO WAY!

#12 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7507 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

I think he may be referring to article about him in the indy star. There is a thread on the forum about it. http://forums.colts....-colts-dt-josh-chapman-realizes-gain-through-pain/

Yeah, I read that. No one said he handled Satele. Satele was just giving him a complement.

#13 krunk

krunk
  • 3939 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

I think he has a very good chance of playing against the Jaguars. The coaches are throwing too many hints out to believe otherwise.

#14 jbaron04

jbaron04
  • 1451 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

I don't think he has been activated yet. He is practicing under the PUP rules but I don't think they have put him on the active roster. Keep in mind he's a rookie with no camp experience and no OTAs. So even if he has natural talent (which I think he does) it'll take him a little time to get into the flow of things which is why I don't think he will be officially activated till they have too. He might be the answers to our prayers next year or something but I don't think he will be this year. He might make an impact but I don't think he's going to be the superstar some are hoping he will be day one.

We don't need him to be a superstar just a 2 down play who can make an impact

#15 Quantum88

Quantum88
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

He has not been activated. The Colts have to make a decision next week to moving him to the active roster or sit him for the rest of the season. Not possible for him to play Sunday and I doubt he will play at Jacksonville. New England will be the first real chance.

#16 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17159 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

not yet
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#17 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13720 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

We don't need him to be a superstar just a 2 down play who can make an impact

and that's fine but if you listen to some talk about here I think some have the hope he's going to be the answers to our DT prayers. As a rookie who has had zero camp and zero OTAs, and zero action it's going to a little while for him to get into the flow of things. Chapman might end up being the answer to our prayers down the road but I don't think he will be right away. I would even think that the impact he'll have right away will be a small one and I just don't want to see people going off on what a let down he has been because he didn't meet their unrealistic expectations day one like we have at times with other rookies around here.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#18 HarassedOffTheSite

HarassedOffTheSite
  • 3375 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I don't know if he handled Satele but he did handle one of our 345lbs guards (someone can figure out which one).

I personally cannot wait til this kid gets on the field. I've been screaming DT for 10+ years and now we may well have a good one that'll be here for awhile.

* I used to spend a significant amount of time here. But between Nadine's harasment and genral stalkerlike behavior, I decided to roll over to Stampede. Her equally clueless counterpart over there, Brad Wells has departed and so now it will be my Colts home. What a shame. ;)

#19 HarassedOffTheSite

HarassedOffTheSite
  • 3375 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

...and that's fine but if you listen to some talk about here I think some have the hope he's going to be the answers to our DT prayers.

Guilty.

* I used to spend a significant amount of time here. But between Nadine's harasment and genral stalkerlike behavior, I decided to roll over to Stampede. Her equally clueless counterpart over there, Brad Wells has departed and so now it will be my Colts home. What a shame. ;)

#20 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2592 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I don't know if he handled Satele but he did handle one of our 345lbs guards (someone can figure out which one).

I personally cannot wait til this kid gets on the field. I've been screaming DT for 10+ years and now we may well have a good one that'll be here for awhile.

It was Hayworth Hicks.

#21 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Chapman will come back when he is ready.

Mookie has done a decent job so far, even though that is not his natural position.

Once Chapman is healthy and ready, he will start
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates