This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luck's girl friend on hand for big City announcement

2 posts in this topic

Cool to see this! I am glad to see the "Luck family" supporting Indy events already and it's cool we got an event that Pechanec has a special interest in! I am sure they will be able to find a way to involve her like she wants to be when the event gets here.

Between this, Luck, and Jeanette Pohlen we are kinda becoming the home of former Stanford athletes lol.

2 people like this

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It's not old per say but there's 1 episode called "The Garage Door" from a TV Show called "Freaks & Geeks" about a 13 yr old kid named Neil as he discovers his dad is having an affair with another woman & how he tries to cope with family infidelity, divorce, no longer idolizing his pop anymore all while wrestling with puberty & being clumsy around attractive female classmates in high school.    Just the way his best friend Sam says "I don't even know how to get 1 girl to like me. How can anybody get two?"  Programs that deal with insecurities head on in a profound way really resonate with me I guess. Uncertainty done correctly can be quite profound.     Plus, there's a hilarious scene in that episode where Sam asks his sister if their dad would ever cheat on their mom & their father stands in the doorway with a T-shirt on looking like no woman would give him a 2nd look & they start roaring with laughter. It's kind of mean, but accurate & a riot though. 
    • The whole situation suggested the Vulcan mind-meld trick. Thanks bro!
    • I always liked "The Wonder Years" with Kevin Arnold & Winnie Cooper. Voice over narration was a new fad or still considered innovative & fresh back then.    I always remember an episode when Kevin goes to work with his father & he learns that his dad loved looking at the stars & he dreamed of navigating the seas with his own ship someday but life doesn't always work out the way we planned or hoped it would. That episode struck a chord with me because my own dad dreamed of being a botanist & wasn't fond of being a UPS driver, but it paid well for a guy with no college degree & a war vet so he learned to accept his lot in life.    I also like The Wonder Years because it dealt with trying to figure the opposite sex out & relationship woes from dating to trying to pinpoint why the other man is ticked off at you & you have no idea why. Peer pressure & what the hades to do after graduation: Get a job, go to college, join Uncle Sam, start a family, what? 
    • Someone posted earlier that our other receivers have outperformed Dorsett. I checked the box scores and that is not true. In fact, Dorsett's numbers have been similar to Rogers' the last few games they both played. He was also our best receiver week 1. And to be fair, Dorsett was dealing with a sprained ankle in the Jax game. I personally don't think he's getting enough targets. Luck missed him for an easy touchdown on a quick slant in the Bears game. Also missed him for a deep touchdown on our very first play in the Texans game. The thing that I've noticed that Dorsett has to learn though is how to use his hands to create separation. All of the greats do it. TY has gotten very good at it.. Once he learns that, his speed and get off will make him impossible to cover. He and Rogers both are great at getting off the line. I like them both. I'm expecting Dorsett to flourish in our new quick rhythm passing game. Praying to God we stick with it. 
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.